• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some info needed

K

Kayne

Hi there guys and girls.

I currently play on europa and was after some info on what its like to play siege as a second shard? Is it viable to play siege if you cant own a house there?

G

Maybe you should talk to Petra Fyde. She plays both Siege & Europa, and seems to enjoy it.

-Skylark

Q

qqqa

yes you can play siege without owning a house, but once you play siege it will soon become your home shard and you will soon wonder why you played on any other server. the 100% fel ruleset and no item insurance makes uo's pvp on this server like no other mmo. point blank it is really what keeps uo alive for many pvp'ers

K

Kayne

Thanks skylark, i probably should have thought of petra first.

Thanks for the fast replies guys.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

yes but, I have houses on both Atlantic and here... so playing either shard for me is viable since I have access to anything I need.

You can easily play here from your bank account but, I know for a fact that once you actually get into the thick of it... you're really going to want a house.

A

Azural Kane

<blockquote><hr>

You can easily play here from your bank account

[/ QUOTE ]

You're really going to need a house. Armor, regs, potions, weapons, gear. Not near enough room in the bank for this stuff.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

You can easily play here from your bank account

[/ QUOTE ]

You're really going to need a house. Armor, regs, potions, weapons, gear. Not near enough room in the bank for this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, unless you want to spend 20 minutes buying a single loadout of all your equipment from vendors everytime you die, you'll want a house...
But, if you join factions, then chances are you will have 20 minutes to burn after every death:)

Try us out, if you fit the bill, chances are you'll be moving your house here anyways or getting another account just for a housey.
Maybe if you know someone here, you could rent out a box or two at their house?

G

Yes it is viable, however it may depend on the playstyle and template you chose.

I have a home on Siege, however I pretty much live out of my bank box, on all 3 of my characters. (And I used to do it when I only had 1).

When I only had 1 character, it was my main, an assassin. I had a home, however it was located near safe haven (brit crossroads) which is a 5 min run from any moongate, and without the ability to gate I rarely ever used my home. I never sold it for another one as it is grandfathered. The home was purely used as storage for all the crappy gifts they give out.

I always kept my single blessed weapon, and pvp consumables in my bank box and that was it. Armour, bandages, empty bottles, potion kegs, jewelry, and a few assorted weapons for pvm and that was it. If you die or run out of kegs or any supplies, I always knew where I could buy a new set of armour and be ready to go in 2-3 minutes if needed. Only thing that was hard to come across was HCI jewelry sometimes.

Also, if you join a guild or make friends, they'll usually have storage available to you, so yes I believe it is viable.

It might be tougher for say a necro mage or other templates that need more pvp consumables and items for different types of hunts. I rarely pvm'd.

A

Azural Kane

To all who live out of their bank box: Don't you use apples? Trapped Boxes? Smokebombs? There's all sorts of unstackable items out there... do you just carry 2 apples at a time or something?
And armor?

G

Bank is good and all, but the best solution IMO, is to have a friend that will share their house with you.

-Skylark

G

Armour can be easily purchased from many near-gate vendors in 30 seconds, but i'd keep a few spares in my bank box. Resist means no need for trapped boxes, and no ninja = no smokebombs. Forgot about apples....

And even if you did, you can find ways to still stay under the 125 item count, though as I said some templates may find it harder since they will need to carry or stock more items.

I'm just saying its possible.

In fact, even nowadays, I rarely ever go home. For all my characters, mule, mage, and dexxer, I live out of my bankbox or restock at guild/alliance supply homes.

K

Kayne

Thanks again for all the replies guys. I think i may end up visiting siege at some stage and seeing how i get on