• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some defanitions to renown abilities?

• Thread starter Mitzlplik_SP
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Mitzlplik_SP

Like willpower,Int,Str and Initiative.

What do they effect? I would guess INT has something to do with mana pool? Str hrmmm Weapon damage? Willpower...if I hadta guess maybe to complete a spell cast while being interupted? Initiative? I have no idea bout that one.

I`ve surfed here and there and while finding the basic description of these skills,I`ve found no defanitions as to what they effect.Do I need willpower on a tank? Whats more important on a healer like an Archmage or a WP?

I`ve only been spending renown on things like Foritude atm because I know what that does.

Thanks in advance! Oh and BTW feel free to post any links to information sites that may have helped you guys in your WAR addiction. :p

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was working on this, its still in the early stages, but it might help you out.

Warhammer Stats and Skills

I rushed it to a publishable state for you so I apologize if its kind of lame right now.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Oh yea,VERY nice Skycapp!

Thanks for puttin that out there,definately not lame in any way.I kinda had some guesses being an old DAOC junky but I woulda never figured it out on my own.Like willpower and initiative....I was scratchin my head over those,lol.

Thanks again for the intel,going to be very helpful.

My hats off to joo! :thumbsup:

G

Gohl

Int raises the damage an engineer does with grenades, fire, acid, etc.
Ballistic raises the damage with 'hard' bullet based abilities and autoattack with the gun.

I am not sure weapon skill has any influence on magics, turrets or non-melee attacks. It works on an engineers melee attacks. You can switch between :gun: and wrench by pressing [x].

I did not check if either int or ballistic influences turret damage output.

Potions for corporeal resistance raise toughness.
There are no renown tactics raising corporeal resistance.
I am not sure toughness works against anything but melee and corporeal attacks. This is hard to test as most +++toughness armor comes with a healthy amount of other resists on top. Maybe with the help of a couple of respecs and high level talisman on renoun rewards ...

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been playing around and every stat/skill affects every career in some way. Some more than others.

Its fairly hard to say this skill is associated with this career or not. But, you can make a general assumption that certain skills will benefit certain careers more then others. For instance, Willpower is fairly useless to tanks and Strength is fairly useless to support careers. Not completely useless but I wouldn't call them a primary skill.