• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some basic things I just can't find

M

molinaro

Back to the game after a 5 year break and decided to start up on a new account.

I've spent many hours looking at vendors all over the place but cannot find any basic stuff to buy.

If someone could give coords for:

-plain old barbed leather outfit
-empty bod books

After how long it took just to find empty rune books and plain old full magery spell books I hope their's still someone out there with vendors selling the basics.

It would be very discouraging for anyone who decided to try out the 14 day trial to check out the game and then saw that vendors only sell high end stuff with prices that seem impossible based on their experience with the game.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a vendor just outside Luna to the SE that is selling bod books for 1,500. Map coords is 79.0'n 12.56'w

Usually if people need small things they just ask in general chat and normally there is someone that can make what you want.

S

SLACK

What's up man? Remember me? PM me and I'll hook you up with whatever you need free of charge of course.
Good to see some of the LA'ers coming back. :thumbup1:

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I get my shop up and running and get some skills going, gonna have basics like I used to. I understand what you are going through, I just returned also. I know what new players need and I always tried to have that stuff on my vendors. I used to make 'newbie bags' with basic stuff in it that a new player would need, and I sold them pretty cheap. My plant making kits with a full set of 'how to' books sold pretty good. Always had runebooks available including city and dungeon books and empty Bod books was a must have. Some of that stuff might have sat on my vendors for a long time but I didn't care. I wanted to help new players out as much as I could. I still do. Welcome back! Like Slack said, if you need something, LA is the type of shard where having somebody help you usually isn't a problem. Not sure about how friendly other shards are. Btw, Bod books selling for 1500 is craziness. What happened to people selling them for 150?

M

molinaro

Thanks Kellgory, I got some bod books from that vendor. Much appreciated.

Hmmm SLACK... hmmm I must be getting old.. that forum name is not familiar. To be honest there's not many char names I remember from when I was playing.

Grandpa Willy was played by an american GI stationed in S. Korea. I remember him well and hope he is happy wherever he may be.

And there was the crafter, one of the 1st to get a val runic on LA.. darn can't remember his name.

Beyond that.. doubt if I'll remember anyone. Sorry!

TheVampster, you take the same approach as me! My main crafter Mort kept a shop stocked with all the basics as well. I actually just sent a pm to someone who was kind enough to hide a chest with bod books and several barbed suits on a vendor for FREE for me! In the pm I basically said exactly what's in your post about the way I like to keep my vendors stocked.

I look forward to rebuilding my empire and having you all shop at Mort's.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That crafter was the much-missed Nutty Professor.....

S

SLACK

That's the one! Thanks so much for the reminder.
I have his old castle doesthat count???? :D
Chars name are Slacktard and MrFixit mostly but I don't blame you if you don't remember some pixels after so long.
Welcome back tho!:hug:

M

molinaro

I have his old castle doesthat count???? :D
Chars name are Slacktard and MrFixit mostly but I don't blame you if you don't remember some pixels after so long.
Welcome back tho!:hug:
Hey I do remember Slacktard :]

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't really start playing until like 2001 or 2002, but Mosiah and Anvil (the 2nd one - I always got confused with some other one that used to play) were my main characters. I used to have a shop called Mosiah's Madness East of Brit. My Warrior's name was Nagash. I'm glad you got situated. Also, there are a lot of people that have houses in Luna that will allow you to have vendors there to sell stuff, maybe until you get a good shop going. This would be the fastest way to make some gold if you are looking to sell stuff. Then you can put runes to your shop on those vendors. Good luck

D

Dark Angel XXXX

Please give a shout out in general chat....Most of us on LA will usually fix you up with whatever you need :)....
Slack ???? that name rings a bell !!! lol

S

SLACK

I didn't really start playing until like 2001 or 2002, but Mosiah and Anvil (the 2nd one - I always got confused with some other one that used to play) were my main characters. I used to have a shop called Mosiah's Madness East of Brit. My Warrior's name was Nagash. I'm glad you got situated. Also, there are a lot of people that have houses in Luna that will allow you to have vendors there to sell stuff, maybe until you get a good shop going. This would be the fastest way to make some gold if you are looking to sell stuff. Then you can put runes to your shop on those vendors. Good luck
I didn't know Mosiahs madness was yours. You took a lot of gold from me! :)
I should hope you would remember a name like Slacktard. there aren't too many of us running around! :dunce:
Holla if you need anything.

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was I supplying you with endless amounts of ingots? Heh. I was making gold off somebody...

S

SLACK

Was I supplying you with endless amounts of ingots? Heh. I was making gold off somebody...
Yup prolly me, I had to 120 blacksmithy and work my other bod runners up so I was constantly on the hunt because although I have a GM miner (actually 2) I HATE MINING!!!!! :thumbdown:

:gee:

M

molinaro

Got a little house placed :]

Just outside Luna to the SW, close enough that I can see the town wall.

M

molinaro

It's official. I got my uo mojo back!

I successfully did a level 5 tmap without dying. (on my old account that is reactivated with this impromptu return to Brit thing going on)

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back to the game after a 5 year break and decided to start up on a new account.

I've spent many hours looking at vendors all over the place but cannot find any basic stuff to buy.

If someone could give coords for:

-plain old barbed leather outfit
-empty bod books

After how long it took just to find empty rune books and plain old full magery spell books I hope their's still someone out there with vendors selling the basics.

It would be very discouraging for anyone who decided to try out the 14 day trial to check out the game and then saw that vendors only sell high end stuff with prices that seem impossible based on their experience with the game.
My vendor house is the 18x18 in southeast Luna City with LM on roof. There are basics on my vendors, aids, runebooks, etc. If you need anything message me or leave a note on my bulletin board.