• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some assist on how to sell stuff...

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks,

So, I'm a lost son for the last 7 or so yrs, but found my way home to UO this week. Looked around and saw some of the prices (ouch)....decided I need some gold to move forward.

I now have 50,000 boards on Baja, and have posted them for sale on the Baja forum. Any tips as to how else I can get the word out to see if I can find a buyer? Are folks even buying materials like boards any more?

Thanks for the assist.
Mac

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Howdy folks,

So, I'm a lost son for the last 7 or so yrs, but found my way home to UO this week. Looked around and saw some of the prices (ouch)....decided I need some gold to move forward.

I now have 50,000 boards on Baja, and have posted them for sale on the Baja forum. Any tips as to how else I can get the word out to see if I can find a buyer? Are folks even buying materials like boards any more?

Thanks for the assist.
Mac
Hi Mac,

Welcome back to Baja btw. Have you tried to sell them in general chat? That seems to be the best way these days. Another is to put up a vendor in Luna. Most vendor house owners let you put one in for free these days. If you don't find one please feel free to PM me or holler out in general chat. I'll get you hooked up.

All the best.

AW

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy Amber,
Again, I am reminded why UO was never forgotten, it's the people who are always willing to assist someone new. Thanks for the info and the offer. I'll try the general chat for a few days and see what happens. If I have no luck, I'll search you out and take you up on your offer.

Thanks so much.

Mac

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they were a colored board frostwood etc you would get offers but plain boards really only good for training carp,bow craft etc so limited amount of people would want.

Posting in general chat as suggested is your best bet to sell boards but you might want to take a look at the community collections, not sure offhand what 50k boards would get you but perhaps it might get you an item that might sell easier, worth a look

C

Capn Kranky

as noted below (above? elsewhere?), plain boards are mostly good for training up carpenters and stuff. I was never able to sell plain boards and simply burned lots of them training my carpenter. When out 'jacking, I'd drop them on the ground.

this was on LA ... not one of the hotbeds of activity in UO-land.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are far more useful now that imbuing is out.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for the replies folks, always appreciate the info.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey there Relic, been gone a long time, so I'm not sure I understand what "community collections" mean, could you go into a bit more detail for me please?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok...

Go to the Library in Britain.

Look for the quest givers inside and outside.

There is a quest chain you can start to become a friend of the library.

Once complete, there are NPCs that will take certain types of items for collection points.

There is also a museum in Vesper that works similarly, but without the quest, and a much more restricted donation selection (but, like the library, it has the ability to take boards).

UO Stratics *New* | Community Collections