• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] some advice please

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a good buddy playing an old school pvp tank
120 sword
120 parry
120 anatomy
120 tactics
120 Resist spells
110 healing

He is incredibly durable and very hard to kill...been running this template for 16 years

he fights with katana and shield.
I have been telling him the 120 parry is a wasted skill. because it is pvp and he uses a 1 handed weapon and shield. Am I 100% correct?? I would hate to give him bad advice.

thanks
TW

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Your advice is incorrect in this case. He is getting the benefit of using a shield. In fact, these days there are some uber shields to be had for cheap since few use them. The only thing I think he is missing out on is the benefit of 300 skill points for the -10 mana cost on specials and using pots. I personally wonder how he gets around without chivalry, but that is not a show stopper.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
he does have an uber shield...
I recommended he keeps his shield and 1 H weapons and dumps parry for chiv.
300 skill points was part of the reason...Bush might benefit him as well but I think he would do better with Chiv....

he travels using recall scrolls and rune books...like I said ..real real old school :) I know he chugs pots I assume he has a 50 EP ring/bracelet

I am not the expert...that is why I read everything posted here.....so give us some advice to help him become more deadly...he is already damn tough to kill.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
He may be tough to kill, but is he deadly? I like chivalry too, but I think replacing parry with Chiv would make him more vulnerable while at the same time reducing his -5 mana cost per special to 0. For PvP, I see Chiv as a defensive aid and not as much an offensive help even with changes to EOO and CW.