• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Solstice Stag goodies

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thought everyone might like to see what goodies those pretty Stags were handing out :) if you have something different, post a pic or tell us about it!

so far we have coal (that must have been Uriah), egg nog, festive cider, Holiday Wine, switches (that must have been Uriah), a jar of Grandma's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies, Christmas pumpkin pie, gingerbread cookie, sugar cookie and Christmas cake :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the last time we saw them one of them said that they had not yet handed out all the gifts, so just keep watching... we check the banks regularly, and the EM Hall in Brit, for signs of them

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ah well, the rich get richer by throwing them on their vendors for 5mil+ gold each. thanks for nothing
Guess I'm just old, but I don't understand the attitude. It's not like they are exclusively handed out, they were being passed out to everyone in sight. There were even reports that they had been at Yew gate LOL. Alll you gotta do to get something is show up, how hard is that? And how does that make someone rich?
Our alliance chat was all abuzz with the info they had been sighted, all ya gotta be is online, there's no trick to getting em.
More playtime, less boardtime..that's the trick *grins*

M

Mephistos

what a stupid 'event' or whatever it is. i really hate it when new items are introduced that only a few people will ever be able to get their hands on due to never knowing when this damn solstice stag shows up or where.

ah well, the rich get richer by throwing them on their vendors for 5mil+ gold each. thanks for nothing.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. I'm sure it's great for the people getting the holiday items, but not everyone is able to be on all the time, especially around the holidays. I've been on more than usual during these holidays, I guess my problem is banking in Skara, and not having alliance chat...

Our alliance chat was all abuzz with the info they had been sighted
That's great for your alliance, glad y'all were able to participate.

As for what all you may be missing, I believe I saw some reindeer treats on a vendor for around 8 million gold or something. Of course, if the stag comes back, perhaps you would be able to get it then.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They're not holiday rewards or gifts. They aren't dropped in your pack automatically just for logging in. They are treats, for whoever happens to be fortunate enough to be on at random times whenever they appear. It wasn't designed for everyone to receive at the same time, it will be spread out. Some say "but I wasn't able to be online then".
hmmm
I wasn't able to get into Harvard either, but that doesn't mean they "owe" me a degree, or that they shouldn't give anyone else one, just cause I couldn't make it.

With any event or event item, there will always be some who don't make it all the time. That's life. We don't all get everything we want...Heck, I was at the Easter event, didn't get an egg, but no use pancakes cause someone else did!

To be honest, If I were an EM on our shard, after reading all the griping and pancakes after every event, I doubt if I would be inspired to log in and do much for Legends. The appreciative few are quiet, the vocal minority is downright rude in some cases. I'm glad we get the events we get, we went a long time without anything!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now that everyone has had their say, let's get this back on topic. If you have some constructive criticism, suggestions, lay them out. Helios and Tashik might welcome them.
But I will be trimming the rude gripey negatives out of the thread.
Carry on!

M

Mephistos

They're not holiday rewards or gifts. They aren't dropped in your pack automatically just for logging in. They are treats, for whoever happens to be fortunate enough to be on at random times whenever they appear. It wasn't designed for everyone to receive at the same time, it will be spread out. Some say "but I wasn't able to be online then".
hmmm
I wasn't able to get into Harvard either, but that doesn't mean they "owe" me a degree, or that they shouldn't give anyone else one, just cause I couldn't make it.

With any event or event item, there will always be some who don't make it all the time. That's life. We don't all get everything we want...Heck, I was at the Easter event, didn't get an egg, but no use pancakes cause someone else did!

To be honest, If I were an EM on our shard, after reading all the griping and pancakes after every event, I doubt if I would be inspired to log in and do much for Legends. The appreciative few are quiet, the vocal minority is downright rude in some cases. I'm glad we get the events we get, we went a long time without anything!
I am sorry, you misunderstood my post. I am glad that people were able to participate in this event, even though I wasn't. The luna vendors have been selling these things like crazy, and I was under the impression only they received the holiday ITEMS. I'm also very aware they are not gifts, and I don't believe I referred to them as such. If your tirade wasn't directed at my post, I apologize, but it sure looks like it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wasn't pickin on you Mephistos, just the tired old gripe in general...
And agreeing with Legendsguy about the events being stooopid...well perhaps I drew the wrong conclusion, if so, I'm man enough to say sorry here publicly.
And if some merchants got the goodies, more power to them. At least I can buy what I want, because I am sure I will miss the stags next few appearances =)

No harm, no foul.

L

Lord Urza

I got the pumpkin pie thing from the stag at the chicken lizard tourny last time. Iv never seen one roaming the lands however I hope there is still the chance to snag something up before he leaves....I want one of the Legends 2009 labled items!

And oh yeah, Lets get this train back on the tracks its about sharing info on Items not debating who said what or shaking hands and getting beers.
That can be done in PMs

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
many thanks to Old Man River of L*D guild for inviting me into his home to see the Solstice Stag items he had collected

next to the switches is an oddly colored "Pitcher of Milk", a gingerbread cookie, red Jug of Festive Cider, red Holiday Cider, green Jug of Egg Nog, sack of coal, red round Fruitcake, blue and purple Pastry Pie, brown Pumpkin Pie, purple and blue Reindeer Treats and two Christmas Cakes

*goes out to hunt green and red stags*

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Solstice Stag Appears Again! (see last post)

The Red Winter Stag appeared in Luna tonite, popping in and out of the shadows and dropping treats for everyone! Mad dashes around the courtyard and up onto the ramparts rewarded the quick with gingerbread cookies, jugs of cider and many more holiday goodies.

The stag also became vocal tonite, letting everyone know in the General channel of the global chat system that items would appear in the forests and farms just west of Britain. Citizens charged thru the woods picking up the festive foods and naughty switches.

In a conversation later with EM Tashik he said that he would be making use of this new chat feature during events to help people keep up with what and where the activities are happening. Seems like a very fine idea (from one who frequently gets lost at events!).

L

Lord Urza

I agree the stag did a great job of spreading items around in the woods of brit to give everyone an equal chance of finding something.

And the EMs decision to use the global chat for events is a great idea, this will help so much to solve the problem of people running around lost not knowing where to go. awesome!

A

Annienox

Hubs and I got a few things and thought it was great fun seeing the stag. My hat is off to our EM's. Lord knows I wouldn't continue to do events if I had to listen to the crap they do! If you don't like the events suggest something else or don't go, but there is no reason to be rude to the EM's or dissrupt everyone that is enjoying it. I didn't get a switch that I wanted so someone that got one is now a little richer and I'm content with what I got. Happy Holidays everyone!

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
buying legend stag items icq me if you want to sell 123172317 or PM me

thanks