• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soloing the Dark Father

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I'm looking for a little bit of guidance on this to be honest. What are the different methods with Sampire and Wraith?

Tonight I Solo'd the dark father with my Sampire using spirit speak for curse weapon for extra health boosts.

I had to often focus my attacks on lich lords and other spawn while using counter attack and whrilwind (i am switching between a nice axe and soul seeker)

My trouble was it took ages because the spawn was really dangerous and I wasn't doing enough damage to the DF because I was unable to use EoO for fear of dying too quick to the spawn.

Is there anyone out there who can share some good tactics on doing this as i've heard it can be done in under ten minutes and it took me about half an hour...

C

Connor_Graham

There are several corners you can tuck yourself into that limit how much spawn that can get to you to do physical attacks. Using a Demon Slayer radiant scimitar of some type along with the Conjurer's trinket has you doing double damage to the DF and the undead around, which give you more than enough damage to leech from. One thing you might try is to soulstone the SS and put Resist in it's place to lessen the effects of the Necro spells. In Vamp form you should be able to leech enough life to keep yourself fairly well healed. On occasion you'll need to switch over to take out a lich lord or you'll get Withered to death, literally.

Additionally, you should not be using the Soul Seeker against undead. They're the opposing creature type to Repond so you're getting hit for double damage by them.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Additionally, you should not be using the Soul Seeker against undead. They're the opposing creature type to Repond so you're getting hit for double damage by them.
Actually, you get hit for 50% more damage. You get hit for double if EoO is cast and the "others" hit you.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are several corners you can tuck yourself into that limit how much spawn that can get to you to do physical attacks. Using a Demon Slayer radiant scimitar of some type along with the Conjurer's trinket has you doing double damage to the DF and the undead around, which give you more than enough damage to leech from. One thing you might try is to soulstone the SS and put Resist in it's place to lessen the effects of the Necro spells. In Vamp form you should be able to leech enough life to keep yourself fairly well healed. On occasion you'll need to switch over to take out a lich lord or you'll get Withered to death, literally.

Does resist reduce the amount of damage done by blood oath to yourself or does it just reduce the amount of time you are cursed for?

If you get unlucky and blood oath hits just a split second before you land a critical hit on DF you can either die instantly or become redlined which is not good!

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then resist could be a very worthwhile idea! I managed to get the DF in a nook where i could only be attacked by him basically but had to make a dash when he oathed me and i got redlined as I couldn't get to my apple in time.

Tell me, do people play in wraith form with protection on? I keep fizzling on curse weap when being hit with an array of spells and physical attacks from df and spawn which makes it quite pointless to have i think.

I wonder if maybe having curse weapon going constantly would mean that the effects of blood oath wouldn't be any where near as harsh because I would be leaching back about as much as i would be getting damaged.

I understand that using a soul seeker isn't the best idea but when i was using it with whirlwind attack was probably when i was safest throughout the time that there were alot of undead spawning, simply because each time i was hitting whirlwind it was putting me to practicaly full hp, mana and stam... I will try and get a hold of a better radiant scimi now...