• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

soloing a level 6 treasure chest?

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I decided a while ago that I wanted to solo a level 6 chest so I raised my peace/provo to 120 and tried my first chest last night. Well there were 2 ancient worms and apparently I cant provo them onto each other at 120 skill (tried using a dragon slayer instrument not even sure if this is the right type for ancient worms). I was able to provo the other spawn onto them and killed one ancient worm but the other one killed the rest of the spawn. so here i am with nothing to provo onto the last AW scratching my head as to how I was going to kill it. I cant open the chest and get more spawn because i have to kill him before it will let me open the chest.

I guess I should of healed the spawn attacking it. How do other bards do this?

Scallywag_SP

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
cast EV, invis, cast EV, invis, peace, peace, peace, etc. Not sure if the monsters have been beefed up since I t-hunted last, but that's how I soloed lvl 6s.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Discord/Tamer is probably as easy as it gets, add in monster ignore (while it's still here) with a dread war horse and it's stupidly easy.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually I have found other facets to be much easier.

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i just did a malas level 6 map and this was so easy it was like night and day compared to fighting ancient worms. Casting Ev's on a ancient worm without discord is just not an option. anyways I'm not sure if 2 ancient worms are part of the intial spawn every time or not but i think i have it figured out.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get 4-5 of them spawning sometimes at initial go ahead.
without discord then cast RC on them or EVs on them.

level 7 frost dragon is harder to do but also doable. he does area cold around him so get too close and he retargets to you.
the trick (I seem to recall) is to keep tapping attack him with a bow or boomerang and he wont move.
if using a dragon pet then he wont fly around at the end of his life and healing. just keep attacking him yourself keeps him in 1 spot for your dragon to finish him off.

I am not sure if a bard can do a frost dragon at all.

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One bard to rule them all...discord with a greater dragon combo. It is a tight template just magery for healing, will require you to pull your pet away occasionally to heal. The worst is when you spawn a dreaded Frost Dragon, they far worse than an AW.