• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] Soloed medusa yesterday with 0 parry.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wasnt even really a challenge, did it three times to see if I was just getting lucky.
I had stoned off parry and stoned on 120 resist. Considered switching back but couldn't be bothered she really is the easiest peerless to solo. Keys are even easy....got three sets I. About 30 mins. Even got a slither for my effort!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Would you mind posting the remainder of your skills used in this solo? Was it something like weapon skill, chiv, healing, anat, tactics, resist?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I think Medusa is probably the easiest fight in the game even without lenses.

Silent... you could probably do her easier than Navrey with your current setup, and it's a good long boring grind to gain skill on, with a chance of a good reward at the end.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my sampire is
120 swords, tactics, and bush...
110 resist...
100 necro, and anat,..
60 chiv.
Nothing special....just a good solid suit build
I wear wear a mark of trav bush/parry. So when I am not battling a spellcaster I usually stone off the 110 resist for 120 parry.
Medusa isnt a caster...but I just forgot to swap the skills out.
I go in with a repond slayer blade staff with 100 HML,...etc and chain AI until she is dead after I honor her. If the spawn wakes up and comes for a visit I break off with medusa and go kill what ever is up. But often I might just get 1 statue to come after me, in which case I kill her...loot her...then run around and kill them all.

I get keys on my stealth mage...I stealth around with 2-3 flutes in my backpack and just keep sending the snakes into holes. Sometimes I get nothing for 10 mins...then I get 4 eggs in 2-3 mins. Playing the music never reveals me..so I never have fight any snakes and waste time. Occasionally I will walk too far and fail a stealth check...invis macro solves that issue though!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow seriously...600 times?? You are either a very focused dedicated individual, or a complete nut job with ADD! :) I am trying to think of there is much of anything I have done 600 times in this game......and I came up with one thing......DIE! :)

But seriously I have done medusa less then 10 times...solo less then 6. I have done the demon spawn in the abyss maybe 50 times max....2 tinkered leg drops. Not sure what affects the rng.... Or maybe the rng just loves me!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done Melisande over 1000 times. Each morning there used to be a group of us on Atlantic, varied from 7 to 15 people, who would get keys. Plus, if people paid attention, you could kill the dryad that spawns during Melisande to complete the quest again. Anyway, we'd do 10-20 runs (or more) each morning.

My wife and I would work the keys together and go into together. The only rare drops we've gotten from her is a couple of statues and floor tiles.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude you got the worse luck in the history of mankind! I did Mel about 20-25 times before I got my crimmy. Seriously every time I have gotten great drops is because I am either soloing or in a very very small group. I wonder what effect that has........

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did Mel around 800 times or something like that before I got my first crimson.

Actually, getting eggs right now for Medusa, up to 30 sets.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
If you want a Bard on any of your hunts, for buffs Discord or both give me a shout, I like using my Bard don't really care about the drops at the minute (though I am after an awesome Reactive Parra shield for a Mage) but too lazy to bother with keys a lot of the time. Same offer for T-maps I can pretty much handle all spawn solo.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Dude you got the worse luck in the history of mankind! I did Mel about 20-25 times before I got my crimmy. Seriously every time I have gotten great drops is because I am either soloing or in a very very small group. I wonder what effect that has........
Lets assume that the monster "knows" whether it will drop an arty when it spawns.

If you solo it, you get the arty. If you kill in group you have 1/n chance, where N = people who got loot rights. Not all people in group do...

So soloing 100 times is functionally equivalent to killing it 1000 times in a group of 10.