• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Solo the roof?

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wondering if anyone has been able to solo the roof with a greater dragon?
I've done it with a group of tamers and it works well, wondering if a level 3 taming mastery at 120/120 will be enough along with spellweaving and some greater heals.
I imagine it will take a while if it's even dosble. Also considering bringing a bard along to disco and run peace masteries.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I solo with 3 tamers, but have done it with only 2.

As far as I can tell, the roof has no timer, so I would say yes, a single GD with a tamer/weaver would be able to do it given enough time (and no deaths since it would boot you out).

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Cool, I only have 1 tamer and after working taming and lore to 120 I'd sooner spoon my eyeballs out than make another! I'll give it a try and report back.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cool, I only have 1 tamer and after working taming and lore to 120 I'd sooner spoon my eyeballs out than make another! I'll give it a try and report back.
If you get a taming mastery you get a chance to gain taming every time you use the combat readiness... Makes training taming MUCH easier and something you can actually gain while hunting with your pet.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Success! It took almost 2 hours but I managed to clear the roof with a tamer/weaver and a bard running peace masteries. I died to Juo'nar a few times which would have booted me out if I was just running one character. Anon and Ozy were easy enough, Virtuebane is fine as long I stayed at the edge of the screen.
Even got an artifact, Saurosaurus Protection Earrings, quite possibly the most useless one possible, but better than nothing!
Given the time to do all the rooms and the roof I can't say I'll do this again.

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you not clear it after sayed one ore two bosses killed, they get re spawn after a while ??
Another question what if you kill the room not complet and goes another attemption in group ?? The killed bosses missed 4all ore respawn ??
If they re spawned i would not cleared and only make the easyst and save the repeating the quest

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure if I understand what you're asking.
When you enter the roof the first boss spawns, when you kill it the second spawns and so on. You can take as long as needed to kill each one. If everyone in your party dies you get ejected from the roof and can re-enter to start over again from the first boss.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've finished the roof "solo" with my tamer, though I had another character in the opposite corner of where I was fighting for the sole purpose of rezzing (which was necessary a few times). It took over three hours... at least half of which was Virtuebane healing himself when he was at less than 1500 hp.

Although the rez character literally did NOTHING but rez, both characters got a drop (they were grouped the whole time).

My tamer didn't have discord then so I might be able to do it a little faster now, but even so I'd hate to risk going in without a rez character and die on the last boss or something.

It's possible, but it's not really fun. I can't see myself doing it again unless I'm just beside myself with boredom.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I've finished the roof "solo" with my tamer, though I had another character in the opposite corner of where I was fighting for the sole purpose of rezzing (which was necessary a few times). It took over three hours... at least half of which was Virtuebane healing himself when he was at less than 1500 hp.
Quick question for you... did you have WoD available to you while Virtuebane was healing himself? Have yet to attempt the roof since coming back and was just wanting the info.

Also.. just a thought... maybe let your rezzer be a bard.. just run up.. diso the bosses... run back and wait to be needed to rez??

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Quick question for you... did you have WoD available to you while Virtuebane was healing himself? Have yet to attempt the roof since coming back and was just wanting the info.

Also.. just a thought... maybe let your rezzer be a bard.. just run up.. diso the bosses... run back and wait to be needed to rez??
I did not have WoD, no. My rezzer actually IS a bard, but wouldn't the disco wear off if the bard was too far away?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I did not have WoD, no. My rezzer actually IS a bard, but wouldn't the disco wear off if the bard was too far away?
Thanks on the WoD.

Good question on the disco wearing off. Honest answer from me is... dangifikno.. lol. My bard is only a peacer/provo. Seems like the disco folks would pop DF with it and run a little bit off the screen back when Doom was the place to be, but dang that was a while back ;)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it does. I'm not sure of the range limit on it, but just stay far enough away to keep it active.