• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Solo Forest Lord Champion Spawn Tutorial

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I would like to turn this into a tutorial. So, please share your ideas and success stories.

How does one solo the Forest Lord Champion Spawn on a warrior?
I was inspired by this video of a player conducting the spawn in a mere 24min: .

Character Skills/Stats:
According to the video poster, the character has 120 Swords, tactics, anatomy, Bushido, Chivalry, and 100 lumberjacking. He has only 137/65/182 hp/mana/stam. (Anyone able to figure out str/int/dex/race?)

Items/Equipment:
Consumables: An orange petal is used at the start of Level 4 to mitigate poison effects.

Weapons: Based on the weapon specials, he is using the following weapons:
  1. Level 1 (Shadow wisp/Pixies): Double Axe (whirlwind)
  2. Level 2 (Wisps/Kirin): Double Axe (whirlwind)
  3. Level 3 (Unicorn/Centaur): Two-Handed Axe (double strike)
  4. Level 4 (Ethereal Warriors/Serpentine Dragons): Double Axe (whirlwind)
  5. Lord Oaks/Silvani: Hatchet (AI)
He doesn't appear to have any area effect on the weapons, which is wise---AE would cause the surrounding spawn to aggress him. The primary special move used during each stage is listed in brackets. Regarding spells, uses EOO during all levels; the EOO target at each level is shown in bold font.

Armor: ??? (See question below)

Tactics:
Clustering: During levels 1-2, the player uses a "TargetNextEnemy/AttackCurrentTarget" macro constantly while crisscrossing through the spawn. This causes the (shadow) wisps to cluster into tight groups. The groups are easily felled with a whirlwind attack.

Karma Management: The Forest Lord spawn is one of two champion spawns where it's possible to lose karma; the other is the Twisted Glade Champion Spawn. It's important to maintain positive karma to avoid getting ganked by the full spawn. The shadow wisp, wisp and centaur are neutral karma creatures. By targeting these creatures and avoiding the pixies, kirin, and unicorn, your character is able to maintain positive karma until level 4.
At level 4, you must drop into negative karma levels to advance the spawn; both the ethereal warriors and the serpentine dragons have a good (positive karma) affiliation. So, while attacks should be carefully selected in levels 1-3, just spam whirlwind during level 4.

Honor Lord Oaks/Silvani: ??? (See questions below)

Questions:
  • Can anyone explain his tactic when Lord Oaks and Silvani first spawn; he appears to honor himself and use an invisibility potion... why?
  • Can anyone guess what kind of weapons/equipment he is using?
  • Can anyone figure out his str/int/dex/race?

Last edited:

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Questions:
  • Can anyone explain his tactic when Lord Oaks and Silvani first spawn; heappears to honor himself and use an invisibility potion... why?
  • Can anyone guess what kind of weapons/equipment he is using?
  • Can anyone figure out his str/int/dex/race?

He honored himself cause he didnt want the spawn to start attcking him,my guess is cause his karma turned negative by the time it got to the end.

And he IS using hit area with wep,hence the karma lost and turned negative at end.

He is using double axe with life leech for spawn then bladed staff with life leech for AI's.

He is using two piece of plate(mace and sheild helm,tinker legs) the rest is studded.

125 str/10 int/125 dex, elf race.

Last edited:

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
...bladed staff with life leech for AI's.
Did they change the special moves for the bladed staff since the video was published? Hatchets are the only swordsmanship weapon that has boh AI and disarm. Thats why i thought it was a hatchet.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Did they change the special moves for the bladed staff since the video was published? Hatchets are the only swordsmanship weapon that has boh AI and disarm. Thats why i thought it was a hatchet.

Disarm? i have never saw a disarm happening in the video.

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Right, but the video shows his weapons' primary/secondary ability icons. Also, since he's using LJ, it makes more sense to use a hatchet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
you are right!, guess he was using a hatchet for AI's,and i just saw he was even using two handed axe's for double strike's for some of his target's!. so he maybe using anywhere from 2-4 wep's throughout the spawn.

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I agree. I'm thinking 4 axes. First is for (shadow) wisps on lvl 1 and 2. Then one for 2x strike on lvl 3. I figure he's probably running dragon slayer on lvl 4, but that isn't needed on lvl 1 or 2; so, lvl 4 is probably different from lvl 1-2 double axe. Then the hatchet at the end.

I can't see visually whether or not he runs AE on the first two levels. He def runs hit lightning on those levels. Thoughts?

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
I agree. I'm thinking 4 axes. First is for (shadow) wisps on lvl 1 and 2. Then one for 2x strike on lvl 3. I figure he's probably running dragon slayer on lvl 4, but that isn't needed on lvl 1 or 2; so, lvl 4 is probably different from lvl 1-2 double axe. Then the hatchet at the end.

I can't see visually whether or not he runs AE on the first two levels. He def runs hit lightning on those levels. Thoughts?

He does'nt run hit area on first two lvl's but as you can see when WW'ing,you can't help but hit the blue mob's also, so by the time he is at the end of spawn,i'm thinking, he ran outta karma.

I cannot see the effect's of hit lightining, but i can see where hit lightning will increase DPS.

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, I think he tries to avoid blue mobs as much as possible. Hence the clustering tactic throughout the first two levels. But the real kicker seems to be level 4. If you haven't run out of karma by then, you definitely will. So it looks like its best to just start high and hope for the best. I would love to do the math and find out (given the starting karma) how many blue mobs you can kill before going negative. I forgot where the karma gain/loss formulas are posted, but I'll check into it tomorrow.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Yeah, I think he tries to avoid blue mobs as much as possible. Hence the clustering tactic throughout the first two levels. But the real kicker seems to be level 4. If you haven't run out of karma by then, you definitely will. So it looks like its best to just start high and hope for the best. I would love to do the math and find out (given the starting karma) how many blue mobs you can kill before going negative. I forgot where the karma gain/loss formulas are posted, but I'll check into it tomorrow.

I dont know about Cc but Ec,there's a option to hit agressive's only, that being said you can deffinatley just hit the target nearest enemy macro to hit the grey's only in that spawn,but like i said it's hard to avoid hitting blue mob's in that spawn, also i guess it depend's on how the spawn cluster up together?

But my guess is in the end even if you have a hard figure of number's in the formula, it still depend's on the situation on how the mob''s are spawned.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Whammy solos the Oaks spawn in Ilsh, using a Pixie Swatter (Fey Slayer and 75% Hit Poison Area) for the first level of spawn, and Defiler of Virtue (Fey Slayer and Double Strike) for everything after that. Wraith Form gives me 21% Hit Mana Drain (basically infinite Mana at that spawn), and Curse Weapon gives me 50% Hit Life Drain (2.5x stronger than the Drain from Vampire Form).
Clustering the enemies is easy for me, since i have -32,000 Karma, lol. I can kill everything with impunity without any regards to Karma. Between Corpse Skin lowering the opponent's Poison Resist by 15, and Onslaught with Defiler of Virtue lowering it by a further 20%, i can carve right through just about any Paragon Fey there with Double Strike spam.