• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Solo Champs (other than Vermin Horde)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or getting hit by 3 blood oaths simulataneously from bone mages then whirlwinding...lots and lots of blood oaths in that spawn.
There is no reason why you shouldn't kill bone mages with one strike, thus nullifying the blood oath. Liches can also die in one hit, but not always. Caution is advised.

And if you're whirlwinding Lich Lords, you're luckier than I am. I have to pull them out one at a time or I die.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still dont see why people dont use dc-copper runics and make a sc ,area effect, mana leech weap, so long as its sc it take 0 damage from the spawns acid.
Whirlwind alone still does a hefty amount of damage to any weapon, so your still much much much much much better off with the soulseeker IMHO.

Its tailor made for the spawn.... C'MON!! :)

Just carry 2 on you and when one gets to zero durability change it up. Repair after spawn and your all good!

C

Connor_Graham

Geesh you Warriors. I was asked By the Creator of this thread to post. Sorry GO WARRIORS! :)
Nuf said.

Nothing more to see here.

Carry on.

"Warriors, come out and plaAay"

(wonders if anyone here is old enough to remember that...)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, lets try to sum this thread up. It sounds like all of the spawns are soloable with a Sampire, you just need to be patient, especially at the 3rd and 4th levels, and get the right weapons. Assuming Connor's standard Sampire build (sorry Lynk), and you were roaming the Lost Lands for a spawn, what is the order you'd choose to solo by ease? Assume you have a proper slayer Sampire weapon for all spawn types (type in brackets below).

This is my guess:

1. Vermin Horde/Baracoon (no surprise there) [Repond, i.e. soul seeker]
2. Undead/Neira [Undead, i.e. Silver Etched Mace]
3. Abyss/Semidar [Demon]
4. Cold Blood/Rikktor [Reptile]
5. Arachnid/Mephitis [Arachnid]

What is your personal order to attack? Or do you choose by another factor like a specific location that is rarely raided on your shard?

-OBSIDIAN-

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have to say that the Reptile Spawn is far easier than Undead.

The nastiest thing about the reptile spawn is the casting of ophidian mages, it can get very intense.

That being said, the casting of bone mages/liches is about 1000x worse, IMHO !

You can't get in the middle of the spawn, its impossible to leach through as a sampire because they are a) spamming all the high damage spells far too fast b) spamming paralyze and other nasty spells like mana drain/vamp

Working from the outskirts all the time is too time consuming from what i've found and forget about doing it at a t2a location with ledges as you'll be getting nuked by the casters you cannot reach... :<

Farsight, can you offer further guidance on this spawn for a solo sampire? The fact that you think its easy is leading me to believe i'm doing something very wrong.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, i tend to use a Repond slayer Mana leech HCI scimmy for the boss(so i dont miss whirlwind and lose perfection), and a sc -1 mana leech hit area scimmy for the spawn(with vermin slayer tali)
Wow thats someone who knows whats what! :) sc ml hit area scimi is king for rats !! Love mine so much with vermin tali its all good.

Solo semidar with on my whammy with a good weapon preferably with fient i use a female character and she is quite decent at doing the spawn just don't dive right in take your time on last coupple levels. for spawn just use a rad scimi with good mods + ml sl ssi di or hci depending.
100 necro 105 ss 100 tactics 100 anat 120 bush 120 swords 65 chiv
i stone arround my skills often so changes but that build did semidar solo not three days ago. 70's all in vamp even. 142 hp 110 stamina 80 mana good fast mana leech Ww weapon and a fient boss killer weapon all ya need then all ya truely need on the boss is big stamina leech since you will be casting curse weapon often. but other leeches help ;). Get your honor and keep the curse weapon and consecrate going with lit strikes and fients you will rock her in wraith form once she is out of mana its a cake walk.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farsight, can you offer further guidance on this spawn for a solo sampire? The fact that you think its easy is leading me to believe i'm doing something very wrong.
Neira, step by step:
1. Pick your targets. Spell casters have priority. If you are under attack by 12 mummies and one bone mage, kill the bone mage, even if it's at the other side of the screen.

2. Hit and run. You can usually kill a magic using undead creature with one hit. The problem is that there are many magic using creatures on screen at once. The solution to that is hitting one, and running away, preferrably to another area where you can hit a spellcaster who hasn't targetted you yet. If you're very quick with honor, you can go on like this with minimal healing. Otherwise, you'd need some form of healing on your template for when you're running away.

3. Save the melee creatures for until there are no other magic creatures within 2 seconds run. The problem with mummies and bone knights is that they take 3 hits to kill. Since you're already wasting time running around like the proverbial headless chicken, that extra 2.5 seconds per kill can be costly. Wait until you have a group where you can stand in the middle and whirlwind/momentum strike away.

4. Take your time, but don't waste it. You may lose a candle by setting the stage for easier kills, but you can make it up in a hurry. The only hard part is starting a level, so once you get it going, there is no problems at all.

5. Conjurer's trinket + EoO = max damage. If you have an undead slayer weapon, then you don't need EoO. I don't have a good undead slayer sword (or necromancy, for that matter, I heal with bandages right now), so I use my best axe (executioner's axe, SSI, ML, SL) and cast EoO for whatever I'm swinging at. As long as I can keep the spawn separated, being hit for double damage isn't a huge problem until Niera herself. And then only if she summons a rotting corpse.

I can't think of anything else right now except for the fact that I wouldn't dream of attempting it without liberal use of orange petals and potions. (no necromancy, I need the petals, I also use a katana or bokuto for when I need to drink a potion)

S

Stupid Miner

Hm... with 100 Spirit Speak and Curse Weapon, I've never had a problem with Blood Oaths. Can just ignore it and whack them to death anyway. 0 Resist, but human so an inherent 20 probably helps a bit.

R

Radix

Conjurer's trinket + EoO = max damage. If you have an undead slayer weapon, then you don't need EoO.
mmm? Slayer tally and slayer weapon does apile each other? i mean, 200%? :-|

P.D: if you dont have any good undead slayer, you can use a flesh ripper to clear the area from that nasty spellcasters.

R

RichDC

I dont think its 200%, im not certain but i thought the talis offered a little less than slayers on weapons.

Also "mage Slayer" doesnt work on "spellcasters" , just the evil mages.

Edit: just checked my info again and i was wrong :( It will work on the lich's and bone mages.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A related question: how do you deal with slimes as a sampire?
If you have 100 necro I'm sure you could go in form and wither? Or maybe use your 20 human skill to summon some bugs...? :) Take off your weapon and holy light if you have enough mana/chiv? 3 more ideas for ya.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have 100 necro I'm sure you could go in form and wither? Or maybe use your 20 human skill to summon some bugs...? :) Take off your weapon and holy light if you have enough mana/chiv? 3 more ideas for ya.
Easy. I always keep a weapon on me that I really don't care if I lose. One that I can use the whirlwind special with and momentum strike.

Switch out as needed.

F

Fumoffu

Great thread,

can someone please explain to me why no one ever talks about the forest lord or Lord Oaks. I'm a newbie. Looking at uoguide I see Forest Lord is listed as a champ spawn. He drops the most knowledge replica.

Since im not a fel guy, and he can be found in ilsh, was hoping to give him a whirl on my sampire.

And RichDC, you mentioned up there that you is dropped 120 Parry for Healing... worth it? I was toying around with Lynk's healing template, but I can't afford it right now to make changes to my sampire template.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oaks, while not a dangerous champ (probably the easiest to do in a small group) takes a while to finish and it is difficult to kill the spawn fast enough without help from others.

It isn't impossible (I've done it on my archer), but it's a lot faster to fight a spawn where you can kill several enemies at once. The problem is, it takes multiple swings to kill each enemy after the first level, but that can be overcome by using a weapon with double-strike or double-shot (i.e. double axe, katana or yumi) for the spawn itself, a radiant scimitar or liberal use of momentum strike for Silvani (for her fey side-spawn) and your best solo-big-thing weapon for Oaks himself.

F

Fumoffu

Oh ok, thanks, and is it the same case as the twisted glade champion spawn...twaulo of the glade?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The twisted glade champ spawn is quite impossible to solo with any dexxer template (I hope someone can prove otherwise).

The cu sidhe take too long to kill and the satyr will provoke the cu sidhe on you. Without a bard on hand, even medium sized groups have trouble killing everything fast enough to advance past that stage.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a swordsman you CAN'T be using anything but a Soulseeker for the Baracoon spawn ;)

Just carry 2 and repair after each solo run and you'll never have a problem.

Saying that though, I'd agree with Lynk and say I prefer to solo the 'coon with my necro mage with high SDI.
Blaze of death is always good too.