• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SOE's fifth annual G.I.R.L. competition beckons to future game designers

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SOE's fifth annual G.I.R.L. competition beckons to future game designers

from Posts from the Guild Wars 2 Category at Massively by Justin Olivetti

Filed under: EverQuest II, Contests, Events, real-world, MMO industry, Miscellaneous, PlanetSide 2
Ladies and gentlemen (minus the gentlemen), start your essay-writing engines! Sony Online Entertainment is sounding the call for this year's G.I.R.L. Game Design Competition and is now accepting applicants looking to win a $10,000 scholarship and a 10-week internship at SOE.

The program, which is in its fifth year, is designed to promote and inspire female involvement in video game development by helping four talented women through undergraduate studies. Applicants have to currently be enrolled in a gaming-related program, have a 3.0 or higher GPA, be a resident of the US, and be 18 years old or older. If you meet all those standards and have a hankering to apply, you'll need to submit two pieces of original concept art "inspired by" PlanetSide 2 or EverQuest II, captions to go with the art, and a 500-word essay about women in the gaming industry. Applications are due by March 29th.

SOE Senior Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing Laura Naviaux hopes that this will be the biggest year ever for the scholarship: "Over the last few years, we have been nothing short of impressed with the hundreds of amazing submissions from talented students nationwide. Now in our fifth year, we can't wait to see the creativity that comes out of the G.I.R.L. program."SOE's fifth annual G.I.R.L. competition beckons to future game designers originally appeared on Massively on Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments