• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So with USEFUL rewards can I get my 129 month account fixed to recieve them now?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ever since this account was given to me I have NEVER recieved one veteran reward. (I've owned it for a LONG time now...) I have paged GM's every single year when I should have been due to recieve crap for a response.

Now my account is over 10 years old, and these new rewards are looking mighty hot.

Is there ANY way to contact a REAL PERSON with a BRAIN to get this situation fixed?

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my account age is broken too. i've been 83 months old for many months now. i'm guessing Jeremy and crew will get a lot of account-age questions now that the awesome new vet rewards have been announced. Nystul ~ sounds like you REALLY got the bad end of the stick with your account! does anyone remember off top of your head the process to request an account-age inquiry?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My account ages up fine with no problems. The age is about where it should be. I just do not recieve veteran reward selection unlike my other accounts have over the years.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now i dont know the truth behind this , but i was told this storry a while ago

i dont know how it is with your account, but i have known a guy that didnt get his rewards eather, reason was that at some point a loooong time back if i remember right, he said it was when the the etherals came out.

There was a bug or exploit , where somehow you could claim more or may have even been unlimited amounts of rewards. Well he had fun with the bug.... when they fixed it, i am guessing they noted the number of items taken, since then he never gotten rewards...

A

AesSedai

There was a bug or exploit , where somehow you could claim more or may have even been unlimited amounts of rewards. Well he had fun with the bug.... when they fixed it, i am guessing they noted the number of items taken, since then he never gotten rewards...
- Exactly. Some people found a glitch where they could claim more rewards then they were entitled. So those accounts cannot claim any more rewards until they have accrued enough reward choices to surpass the number of rewards they illegally claimed (it could be 1 year or it could be many, many years...).
Kind of a bummer for people that unkowingly bought someone else's account.

X

XavierArcanus

i dont know how it is with your account, but i have known a guy that didnt get his rewards eather, reason was that at some point a loooong time back if i remember right, he said it was when the the etherals came out.

Yeah, I remember that. It was right when vet rewards originally came out. And you are correct, they were able to keep track of how many gifts they selected, it just didn't keep them from selecting beyond what they should get.

When they fixed it, there was an outcry from the people exploiting it saying that they were being punished for something that wasn't their fault. Like it wasn't obvious they were doing something that they shouldn't be.

J

Jeremy

Shoot me an email with the account name, will you? jdalberg AT ea DOT com.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If that is the case then a GM should have told me about it the numerous times I paged them. But instead they threatened to take action against my account for abusing the paging system rather than giving me a REAL RESPONSE.

Also why should a new owner have to suffer because of a pasts owners actions. Last I heard the account transfer cleared out marks on the account, shouldn't it clear out things like this also?

A

AesSedai

I think it might have to do with the desire to wash accounts. If I claimed tons of illegal rewards and wanted to get more, I might spend the money to transfer it to another form of me...
(Yeah, it is no fun - but cheaters tend to make things that way sometimes.)

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it might have to do with the desire to wash accounts. If I claimed tons of illegal rewards and wanted to get more, I might spend the money to transfer it to another form of me...
(Yeah, it is no fun - but cheaters tend to make things that way sometimes.)
If they wanted to punish the abuser, they should have banned them. But instead they decided to make it so an innocent person and player in good standing continues to get punished for something they have never done.

If they would have banned the person others would never have issues like this.

That was an idiotic and rookie decision & mistake on thier part. Imagine with all these recent bannings if they just made it so the players who duped runics/bods/artifacts etc. to just not be able to recieve them from npc's, doom bosses, etc...

E

Edina Monsoon

Account age problem, here, too.

Was at 84 months in January 2008, should be 91 months as of August, however my account and all characters say 86 months.

I have paid and been logged in almost every day since I reactivated this account on December 29, 2007.

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things"

D

DHMagicMan_1

Nystul,

Did you transfer the account using EA and paying them for the service or did you log into the account with a password he/she gave you and change the billing info to your own.

I can understand if they clear any warnings about unattended macroing, abusive language or whatever when you transfer an account using their service but I think they should REFUSE to transfer an account that has serious issues with it. They can't really "wipe the slate" because I could conceivably take 25 rewards, pay to transfer the account to my brother or cousin and do it again.

They should simply say this account does not meet the criteria to be tranferred or whatever.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's weird ...... I have several accounts that were either given to me or that I purchased.... and they all age funny... But they also All get rewards... Never had a problem there.

I wish there was some way of knowing if any of the accounts have any marks or anything that I'm not aware of.... as I know that for all the years I've played I've not ever had a GM paged on me for anything... and I know NO GM has ever said they were going to "mark" my accounts nor have I ever gotten an email saying such. But I know nothing of what may or may not be on the accounts from before they were turned over to me.

R

RD Gumbie

I remember the bug and it was actually posted in a public section of a well known bug site ask ____ and it was posted in Jan 2003. (just went and searched it)

SO becuase it was public in 2003, it was used by some in 2002 and then in 2003 untill Devs saw the post and made it so you couldnt play multiple shards at once on one account. You are now looking at a problem from 6+ years ago.

Sorta sucks you didnt have someone that would actually look into it when you asked, maybe then it may have been just 2 or 3 yrs behind.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ever since this account was given to me I have NEVER recieved one veteran reward. (I've owned it for a LONG time now...) I have paged GM's every single year when I should have been due to recieve crap for a response.

Now my account is over 10 years old, and these new rewards are looking mighty hot.

Is there ANY way to contact a REAL PERSON with a BRAIN to get this situation fixed?
I thought there was some setting in the uo.cfg file that would disable the Vet reward gump. If I can find info on that, I'll update my post.