• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So why do I just stand there being attacked?

G

I have a hunter. Level 31, with pet, and currently equipped with a 2 hand sword that has a speed of 3.30.

Quite often, in combat, I can keep hitting the attack keys and absolutely nothing happens. She just stands there for like 10 seconds between swinging blows.

It's nothing to do with spell refresh times, but it really is starting to annoy me, especially as I run back from the graveyard once again to find what's left of my corpse.

Is it just lag... or is there something else I can do to improve things?

G

So a 3.3 is 10 seconds between blows? That seems fairly crud.

The sword is "archeus" which I just picked up from a quest. I did have "Brutal war axe of agility" equipped which is also a 3.3 but seemed to work much faster.

Hmmm...

B

Bo Riddler

Avoid 3.5 weapon speeds like the plague. On a Hunter, you should wield axes at the 2.5-2.7 speed some where in there.

I've wanted to equip a 2H mace before in the Outlands but it was rated at 3.7 Ughhh

Nope.

Bo

G

<blockquote><hr>

Do you have your auto attack turned off?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea where that is... if I have, how can I turn it back on again?

I

imported_Jazmine

Yep, looks like the reason for the delay between attacks is your weapon attack speed..You can get a faster weapon if you prefer but in my opinion, it's the stats that matter, not the weapon speed because hunters are not a melee class..Yes we do have melee abilities, but they're designed to allow us to leave melee combat and resume ranged combat-which is where our attack power is..If you do happen to pull aggro off your pet, you can feign death, put down a frost or freezing trap, use concussive shot or run at the mob and wing clip them to get back into ranged combat..Doing that will hopefully cut down on your trips to the graveyard and on your repair bill, hehe.