• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

so... where has everyone gone?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive noticed over the last little while that a lot of the old faces from stratics are missing.
and with no goodbye's either.
a lot of the old mods and friends are missing and im seeing a lot of new mods and names ive never seen before.

everyone just taking a break or was there a mass retirement from UO that i didnt hear about?

im an animal that fears change!

just really noticed this when some old guild mates who where stratics mods came back for the RTB and pointed it out.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

really.....
Awwwww c'mon man. Just cause the kids are a little older doesn't mean we can't still enjoy a good dose of old Fin and Ferb. It's Fabulous!

Oh, we seem to be having technical difficulties, sorry.

Last edited:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still here and not even a mod, but I better than a mod why? Because I won't be able to ban ya.
I really can't be a mod because ultimate-power.jpg

would go to my head.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So which "faces" are missing?

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I quit and as a blue fel player with a tavern in Skara Brae, the whole VvV debacle makes me glad I quit. Why do I still read the forum? Because the game was a big part of my life and I wish the rest of you and the dev team nothing but the best of luck.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well since the change of my work schedule I'm sleeping during the day mostly... like the Vampire that I am. I work all weekend long 3 12 hour shifts. Makes for a very short amount of UO time that's for sure. But the pay is too good to pass on. Besides I've been wanting a night job for a LONG time.

Also the mess up of the UI and my having to completely redo the settings and macro's for over 700 characters hasn't really made me very "gung ho" about playing right now. Everytime I log in a different character I want to cry and scream all at the same time. Don't get me wrong I'm VERY glad they finally are working towards making the EC more user friendly and playable and it's was LONG overdue... Just hate what it's done to me. For a new player or a returning player it's welcome and very needed... but for an ole Vet such as myself it's a royal pain... Also it's Oct... Which is usually my happy time but I'm just getting over the sadness of another year gone by with my Mother... and not looking forward to marking another Year without my Father come Xmas. Rather depressing time for me right now. Doesn't help that my coping mechanism is all borked right now.

I'd love to be Trick or Treating or something but that's not on yet... So I'm stuck with old content and redoing macro's for 100's of characters... not really happy times for me. I'd like to be doing the trade quests and all but since most of my characters are a complete mess... I haven't really had the time or opportunity to really get into them...

Perhaps when I get things all settled back down and stop getting irritated over things lost I'll be around more...

In the meantime I'm sedating myself with Clicker Heroes. Very bizarre game that pretty much plays itself. But it is consoling and keeps me occupied.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tazar seems to be one of the missing mods, Anyone know what happened to him? his moderator and staff titles all dissapearred, then a few weeks later so did he.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your like that musty smell in the basement carpet, you'll always be here, there is no getting rid of ya!
I was going to go with Corn Nuts under the car seats but your analogy works too.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive noticed over the last little while that a lot of the old faces from stratics are missing.
and with no goodbye's either.
a lot of the old mods and friends are missing and im seeing a lot of new mods and names ive never seen before.

everyone just taking a break or was there a mass retirement from UO that i didnt hear about?

im an animal that fears change!

just really noticed this when some old guild mates who where stratics mods came back for the RTB and pointed it out.
I was told by several different people in game that it's been dead/quiet the last several weeks and that most people feel it's a temporary thing caused by ArcheAge.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah typical new game release deadens stuff for a month or so then people come back. I just don't have the cycles to be on as much myself just because of work on Shards Online, so I'm lurkin' while workin'.