• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So when did they lock the barrels in buc's den?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heya, when and why were the barrels in the smiths shop in buc's on both facets locked? Or is it just my shard, oceania?

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pub 87 broke things. Pub 87.1 was supposed to fix things, but it didn't.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One of the patches made most npc containers everywhere in the game randomly become locked for no apparent reason.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it is in Felucca, containers in some shops like Blacksmiths and Carpenters but also Tailors, where locked in some cases because they added the stealable "Refinements"...........

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it is in Felucca, containers in some shops like Blacksmiths and Carpenters but also Tailors, where locked in some cases because they added the stealable "Refinements"...........
Those refinements were added a long time before the barrels were locked. And having them in there certainly wasn't game breaking anyhow, maybe you'd find one a week and how much they worth? Zilch

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the barrels in the smith shops in buc's den, both facets were two of the best places to train stealing, now you can't use em unless you can unlock the barrels and even then they relock themselves so is just a pain. Guess I go back to stealing from pack animals. They were one of the few places you could get refinements without fighting or stealing (lockpicking) as well.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait, let me get this straight -

Someone uses those things for other than turnin points?!?!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait, let me get this straight -

Someone uses those things for other than turnin points?!?!
hehe yeah someone did, ME! Train stealing & snooping by putting into the barrels a number of items at the correct weight, so say 10 things at 5 stones, etc, pull up the paperdolls of the two npcs close enough to reach then set a macro stealing each item with the relative delay, then snoop the dudes in the same macro. Worked perfectly until they locked the darn barrels. I guess if you wanted to train lockpicking at the same time it might be ok. OH and every time the refinements and other items spawned you could get the turn in points. It was multitasking at its finest!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe yeah someone did, ME! Train stealing & snooping by putting into the barrels a number of items at the correct weight, so say 10 things at 5 stones, etc, pull up the paperdolls of the two npcs close enough to reach then set a macro stealing each item with the relative delay, then snoop the dudes in the same macro. Worked perfectly until they locked the darn barrels. I guess if you wanted to train lockpicking at the same time it might be ok. OH and every time the refinements and other items spawned you could get the turn in points. It was multitasking at its finest!
The barrels under the Buc's Den tavern also used to be a great place to work on stealing. However, they are now locked too.

I wonder if you would still get stealing gains if you just brought a bag or other container with you and set it on the ground anywhere in Buc's Den (Trammel or Fel); put the items you want to steal into the container; and then started "stealing" them out of the container you put on the ground.? I used to do that under the Buc's Den tavern when I got tired of listening to the NPCs that would stand and gripe at my thief from the steps leading down to those barrels. I'd just put a bag on the ground right outside that room and steal stuff out of that bag instead of from the barrels.

Attachments