• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, when did blackrock become uninsurable?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just noticed, I can't insure small piece of blackrock any more.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's sort of Blessed, that's why you can just drop it on floor of house and it will never go "poof"

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
upload_2017-3-25_9-57-41.png

Very much so.
There are several types, though, so they only stack with the same type of small piece of blackrock.
And ones from before the publish before Doom one just may not stack at all and may be insurable still.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not "very much so" It has 16 or more different stacks but that's better than none. Theres 4 basic shapes, it would be nice if they had 4 stacks instead.

I just tried my stash, none can be insured and they go waay back.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would you want to insure them .

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Why would you want to insure them .
Dark wisps. You need to have a small piece of blackrock on your backpack to kill them when they go into shielded mode.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All my small pieces are still insures in my packs. Always carry at least one, sometimes two so if someone needs one.

I'll have to test on my newer ones but the ones I have in packs are originals.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wasn't there some kind of possible negative effect for having blackrock in your pack all the time?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wasn't there some kind of possible negative effect for having blackrock in your pack all the time?
With a piece of blackrock on the ground, a gm or higher mage/necro could self immolate casting the armageddon spell (Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym). Your body parts would be strewn around you and you then became blackrock infected.

Having a piece in your pack, you could randomly infect monsters in game and they would drop small blackrock infected treasure chests named for the monster.

Last edited:

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
With a piece of blackrock on the ground, a gm or higher mage/necro could self immolate casting the armageddon spell (Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym). Your body parts would be strewn around you and you then became blackrock infected.

Having a piece in your pack, you could randomly infect monsters in game and they would drop small blackrock infected treasure chests named for the monster.
Can you still self immolate? That would be a cool party trick!
Didnt know you could infect..... Guess its not work cause I havnt infected anything and my archer has carried the stone for over 3 years now

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's funny, all these years I've avoided carrying around blackrock for very long :last to know things :

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Was so much fun!!!!!!! One of my favorite in-game times... and the voices! You heard random voices. Was a hoot!

I wish they would bring back randomly infecting mobs... that was a lot of fun. Minding your own business roaming the land doing a patrol and then all the sudden out of no where.... a bird tries to kill you... or a deer, cow, anything... was fun.

Best time I had was we were in Destard doing some RP quest and we were supposed to kill 4 Ancient Wyrms... I always carried blackrock... we were waiting for the next one to spawn and I was running around down where it spawns looking for it and it spawned way in the back.... the instant it did it turned blackrock infected... I came running out yelling "SORRY!!!" Next thing I know the entire party is dead going "WTF Was that?!?!" I couldn't stop laughing... "Told you I was sorry..." Another guild member logged in we were like you need to come to Destard... He's like Destard what for? Help us kill this. Once we were all up and everything taking it down was a chore but we did it. I still have the box locked down in the Guildhall... Was such fun... Blackrock infected Ancient Wyrm! What a challenge! (I think Blackrock infecting used a modified paragon code somewhat more powerful than a paragon) Plus it made the creature look like it was ethereal...

FYI, far as I know, cows still have the ability to spawn as "mad" cows... and randomly attack anything nearby.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That was before my time, but I remember blackrock elementals spawning. I don't ever recall us killing one - were they even killable?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That was before my time, but I remember blackrock elementals spawning. I don't ever recall us killing one - were they even killable?
Barely... it took quite an effort.... and they had minimal loot.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The would spawn in mines south of Luna. People would lead them back into the city so they could terrorize people until somebody called on the guards to deal with them

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Was so much fun!!!!!!! One of my favorite in-game times... and the voices! You heard random voices. Was a hoot!

I wish they would bring back randomly infecting mobs... that was a lot of fun. Minding your own business roaming the land doing a patrol and then all the sudden out of no where.... a bird tries to kill you... or a deer, cow, anything... was fun.

Best time I had was we were in Destard doing some RP quest and we were supposed to kill 4 Ancient Wyrms... I always carried blackrock... we were waiting for the next one to spawn and I was running around down where it spawns looking for it and it spawned way in the back.... the instant it did it turned blackrock infected... I came running out yelling "SORRY!!!" Next thing I know the entire party is dead going "WTF Was that?!?!" I couldn't stop laughing... "Told you I was sorry..." Another guild member logged in we were like you need to come to Destard... He's like Destard what for? Help us kill this. Once we were all up and everything taking it down was a chore but we did it. I still have the box locked down in the Guildhall... Was such fun... Blackrock infected Ancient Wyrm! What a challenge! (I think Blackrock infecting used a modified paragon code somewhat more powerful than a paragon) Plus it made the creature look like it was ethereal...

FYI, far as I know, cows still have the ability to spawn as "mad" cows... and randomly attack anything nearby.
Excellent fun story my friend. I was cracking up. lol

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It wasn't so much fun for me, I was with my guildmates out killing skeletal liches for some reason and I had a blackrock in my pack which was against the rules and I had forgot and well....................you can imagine the rest. I was not the most popular person in the guild for a while.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It wasn't so much fun for me, I was with my guildmates out killing skeletal liches for some reason and I had a blackrock in my pack which was against the rules and I had forgot and well....................you can imagine the rest. I was not the most popular person in the guild for a while.
LOL I can well imagine... LOL... As you might guess.... I wasn't too popular after that incident either... was like WTH man! But man it was fun!

I rather miss it. as one of the more fun things we could do.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Casting the Armageddon spell could also push you through walls. If done right, you could access otherwise unaccessible areas, such as this room:

HiddenRoom.jpg

Unfortunately, runes marked in this room, have now been blocked. :frown2: