• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, uhm, I reactivated (call me weak if you like, but its been well over four years)

D

Damodred

Hello everyone!

Much to my surprise I see some familiar names here, just simply amazing. I reactivated a few days ago but havent got around to log in until today. I still remember my macros! Isnt that disturbing?

I think I'm forgetting myself, my oh-so-fantastic virtual reality name is Damodred, my ingame character is Tarmon Gai'don. Well one of them. Co-founder of the PK/PvP- guild ELR back in the late 1999, sidekick to Piourk. Had some success at some duelling tournament in a RP- village named something with Oak, near Yew Moongate. Some nice battles with and against DJs, 6i6, VEM and the other gangs. Closed my account in the late 2005.

It shouldnt have come as a surprise, but it did, a LOT has changed in UO. I see new world masses (thats why I reactivated, got an email...), new skills, new things and pixels and honestly it feels good. Also dead, its very slow at least on the Felucca side. Managed to kill someone tho, much to my surprise...

Noticed some people in Trammel, havent scouted around more. However I realised one thing - Im short on cash. When I started in the last century we were woodchopping and carving bows to make money. I doubt thats the way to go these days when people buy things for millions and millions without raising an eyebrow. So how to get some money, some gear and some basically get around in this world these days? I have about 80k and 1000 reagents of each kind, some ethereals and plenty of rewards to pick...

Thanks in advance :)

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: So, uhm, I reactivated (call me weak if you like, but its been well over four yea

Hi there!

I myself just returned after an equally long break. I dwell on the Trammel-side though. I used to be a spectator of the duels you mentioned. ;)
There are still people around, more so in Trammel than Felucca. And if you want to see a bit of a crowd just head over to Luna. :D
And I guess a lot are fighting their way through Stygian Abyss as we speak.

People have been really helpful to get me started again. Just threw a few questions up in the Babble-thread for example.

I wish you safe travels in good ole Britannia!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: So, uhm, I reactivated (call me weak if you like, but its been well over four yea

Damo! Welcome back, it's good to see you.

I'm afraid I never did make it as a pvper, despite your excellent tuition.
First thing, use one of those rewards to claim a commodity deed box, they're excellent for getting all your regs home from the bank, and anything else that fits on a deed. You can redeem and fill deeds using the box at home in the same way as you redeem and fill them in your bank box.
Second, don't part with your other choices till you've learned about soulstones. Another first reward choice is a red soulstone and I've a feeling you might find a use for those.

I still have you on my icq list, give me a call if there's anything I can help you with - and if you've deleted me from your list the number is 102280987.

N

Nyte Doombringer

*waves* Dont think I know you but I was never a pvper. Welcome back though :)

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Its a long time since I heard the Evil Lama Riders guild mentioned.

Welcome back :)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Welcome back!

Guess I'll have to start locking the back door again lol.

Wenchy

S

Shao Lin Tao

Welcome Back!

I also just resubscribed and found that all the same hunting places of old still yields enough cash. IE AOL etc...

It probably takes less than a week to get 100% LRC and some good jewelry.

If you have a lockpicker... They also are a good source of cash.

//Romano Arax "The good CLOWN"

D

Damodred

Its fun to be back! The chars still there but its a fresh restart anyways, even tho everyone else are miles ahead. Got around and placed a house today as well, didnt take too long to find a spot for an 18x18 in Felucca :) Im not so interested in pvp these days but given I have red chars and its easy to travel between the facets it wasnt a hard a decision.

I have a lot to read up on, especially the new races (completely new to me), soulstones and all these new landmasses. Right now its a bit overwhelming actually, not sure where to start and so on.

Oh, and what happened to sites like UOAuction?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you have questions to ask ingame, you're welcome to come and join us, even if it's just til you get back on your feet and settled in again. I run a guild for new and returning players, some stay, some move on, but the core who make us the guild we are, are a good bunch of folks and always ready to help out. Guild chat is a definite asset when you're just starting or returning to the game. Give me a shout here or PM me if you'd like to know more/meet up ingame :)

Cail

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

hi there!
I dont know you, but Im a friend of Alie's, if you knew him! (padaxus, wolfran), been so long I cant remember weher he was ELR or I-C actually.

Anyways, shout if you need anything, what I havnt unraveled already you can have, and I can front you some funds aswell!

8206506 is the number!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Padaxus was i-c. :)

D

Damodred

I believe he ran with us for some time as well. I-C might have been the only group of players that we could work with for a longer time (more than 55 minutes, due to some lose cannons).

Shadefox: Thanks, but I think Im quite fine now. How incredible it may sound, I dont like to take other peoples stuff :D

Cailleach: Ill take it under consideration. I know I should search you out but not entirely yet. First I need to get back into UO :) Its a little more than expected even in Felucca....

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well - dug this thread from last year up - anybody know how long Damo last on Europa or if hes still aroundeven. Though i dont think so because i spend some time at feluccian spots he would normally had checked for prey i think :)

Anyway - sorry to be back a bit to late for your PK-Entertainment :D

O

o Kraken o

I would not have called you weak, I would have welcomed you back :)

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Its an old pun people used to use here or on other forums when somebody announced he would quit uo - people would reply: aye - see you in a weak ;)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Hello everyone!

Much to my surprise I see some familiar names here, just simply amazing. I reactivated a few days ago but havent got around to log in until today. I still remember my macros! Isnt that disturbing?

I think I'm forgetting myself, my oh-so-fantastic virtual reality name is Damodred, my ingame character is Tarmon Gai'don. Well one of them. Co-founder of the PK/PvP- guild ELR back in the late 1999, sidekick to Piourk. Had some success at some duelling tournament in a RP- village named something with Oak, near Yew Moongate. Some nice battles with and against DJs, 6i6, VEM and the other gangs. Closed my account in the late 2005.

It shouldnt have come as a surprise, but it did, a LOT has changed in UO. I see new world masses (thats why I reactivated, got an email...), new skills, new things and pixels and honestly it feels good. Also dead, its very slow at least on the Felucca side. Managed to kill someone tho, much to my surprise...

Noticed some people in Trammel, havent scouted around more. However I realised one thing - Im short on cash. When I started in the last century we were woodchopping and carving bows to make money. I doubt thats the way to go these days when people buy things for millions and millions without raising an eyebrow. So how to get some money, some gear and some basically get around in this world these days? I have about 80k and 1000 reagents of each kind, some ethereals and plenty of rewards to pick...

Thanks in advance :)

Hello welcome back,

Jack