• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So this is my final sampire template and armor ("The Sampiredin")

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone. Some time ago I had the idea for an alternative sampire build. I now call it Sampiredin due to the fact that this build comes with chivalry 120.

Now I had quite a lot of time to build my armor and to test this build. Now I want to share my experience with you now:

I. Template
First of all here is the template I am running:

120 Swordmanship
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
100 Necromancy
60 Parrying

- I decided to use 120 chivalry for just one reason: Divine fury. It gives you at karmalevel 18,5k+ the following benefits and penalties:
+15% HCI, +15% SSI, +20% DI. -10% DCI

This is the key to this build because you can use a Large Battleaxe with the right gear at 1,25 speed and of course a Longsword. Second all my chivalry spells have a 100% success chance. I hated casting EEO with 84 chiv skll and fizzeling quite often.

- Anatomy and Tactics are at 100. This gives me the benfit to swap e.g. anatomy for resisting spells (This way I run the primeval lich spawn) or take lock picking for solo treasure hunting. Sometimes I swap tactics for mining to find the treasure locations faster (I do this for lv 1 - 5 maps and LV6 maps in malas and Ilshenar. It really goes fast this way)

II. The Gear
1. Gear using a Longsword:

Ok here is my chart which contains the relevant information. Gear was exactly crafted with theses stats:

- Key attributes are stamina and swing speed increase: With potions I have 183 stamina. With tinker legs, Rangers Cloak and a nice SSI Bracelet I have a base SSI of 20% on my armor. So 35% with divine fury. This is exact the numbers you need to wield a longsword with 1,25 Swingspeed.

However, if you ever go below 180 stamina the swing speed drops down to 1,50. This can happen with casting mobs or hard hits. The new stamina loss prevention system gave a nice boost if you are wearing metal armor. But even there if e.g. chief paroxysmus hits you hard you drop below 180 and are slowed down.

- I decided to craft metal armor due the fact that its easier to reforge than woodland armor and gives a great stamina loss protection

2. Gear using a Large Battle axe
- I use the large battle axe to fight spawn. Its the strongest swordmanship weapon with whirlwind. The large battle axe sadly comes with a 3,75 speed. So it is not possible to wield it at 1,25 speed with 150 stamina because SSI is capped at 60%. So for this weapon I made some special legplates which boost my stamina to 191.

Fortunately publish 81 increased the imbuing weight for 2h weapons to 600 so there is plenty of capacity. So I imbued the Axe with 30% SSI.

Since I do not use the tinker legs here my SSI armor bonus is 10% + 15% Divine fury so 25% which totals up to 55%. Enough to smash fast enough.

III. The Final Stats
So these are my stats with my equipment: I already used potions and had DF active.

IV. Conclusion

I have tried many sampire builds. But this one is truely my favorite now. You can kill almost everything, constantly spamming AI. So far I easily solod Dreadhorn, Medusa, Paroxysmus, Paragon Balrons, Putrefier, Primeval lich spawn, Shame EEV and all the other minor spawns. Even LV7 Treasure Map spawn is not really a problem.

I hit really hard. With AI max Longsword damage is 201 per hit. (With tactics and anatomy) The only drawback is that you have to recast DF every 23 sek. But this has a nice side effect because it replenishes your stamina.

If you have any questions don´t hesitate to ask.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This looks interesting, might pull out my soulstones and give this a try. Thanks for sharing!

DrVenkman

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ive ran that kind of sampire build for probably 3 years now, thought i was the only one and everytime i try to tell people about it they dont listen but its freeakin op as hell. Although mine is a little different because i took anatomy off for 120 resist, the damn mana drains are a pain but with resist no worry. Your totally right though about that build i love it. And its nice to only needing to fit 30 hci on the suit.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ive ran that kind of sampire build for probably 3 years now, thought i was the only one and everytime i try to tell people about it they dont listen but its freeakin op as hell. Although mine is a little different because i took anatomy off for 120 resist, the damn mana drains are a pain but with resist no worry. Your totally right though about that build i love it. And its nice to only needing to fit 30 hci on the suit.
I'm very intrigued by this build. Is it worth taking resist all the way to 120? The only reason that I'm asking is that Resist 120 PS are absurdly expensive on my Shard.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion 120 resist is not necessary. Primeval lich spawn works great with 100 resist. And if you have SS´s Anatomy 100 you can swap if you wanna fight lets say UEV´s

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I like the idea of swapping back and forth. Good thing to consider.

Also, what are the odds that this suit could be made with on a "budget"? I'm not talking about dirt cheap, but certain things like the Crimson Cincture at slightly out of my price range. Debating on if it's more worth my time to level up blacksmithing rather than purchasing the pieces from a crafter. Might save me a ton of money to do that, since it looks like your suit [with the exception of a handful of pieces] is almost fully crafted.
Still doable without certain pieces of gear like the Crimson Cincture, Conj Garb, and Tinker leggings?

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can try crafting the whole suit. This build probably works great with lower equipment, better than a standard sampire due to the benefits of DF. You might consider using some other weapons like a broadsword and a double axe though. And I highly recommend building up a crafter. Buying the items is too expensive. Consider that all parts have to fit in for optimal resists.

I highly recommend a rangers cloak for the 5% SSI, saves some space on the weapons. A 2-h weapon is no problem but imbuing weight on 1h weapons still limit the optimum

With 5% SSI + 15 %SSI DF you don´t need SSI on a 3,25 weapon at all if you can keep up 180 stamina

Last edited:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok now this build an suit really works great. Just soloed the abyssal infernal champion spawn with no problems. Even soloed the abyssal infernal itself. only problem was this inferno attack but even survived this. I´m very satisfied indeed

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Have you tried Navrey with this template? I always run a minimum of 100 parry and 100 bush with her because I often seem to get killed while webbed otherwise. I haven't found a 60 parry build I like with her or Mephitis.

I do have a sampire that runs:
120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Resist
117 Tactics
99 Necro
84 Chivalry
60 Parrying

I like that build alot for Primeval Lich and Niera's champ, though I don't use Divine Fury at all. I will have to experiment with DF and see if I can make it work for me. How long does DF last at 120 Chivalry?

-OBSIDIAN-

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
navrey I have´nt tried so far but will do. DF lasts 24 seks at 120 chivalry. Can easily be recasted. I think you will like it

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many tithing points do you run through in an average spawn? The gold is obviously easy to come by - but how often do you have to go dump it on an ankh?

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh well i have no idea. Not much because the last time I refilled them was before this build and now I still have 37k points left

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice thought about the orc Helm. Though i'm a bit unsure how this Helm will fit in this build. Problem is you need some hld. The only armor part where you can find this are mace and shield reading glasses. That means you have to imbue it on your weapons but there may be not enough capacity.

The other thing is you dont have to imbue jewelry with hci cuz orc helm and df give you 45 hci together which seems to be an advantage. But on the second step there is the question what other mods you want to put on your jewelry

Unlovedinc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
what main skills do you use for what bosses? when does necromancy come into play? longest fights?

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1st skills as mentioned in initial post. For casting bosses i usually use resisting spells instead of anatomy.
2nd necromancy is only necessary to keep up vampiric embrace
3rd longest fight.... I think primeval lich spawn. Longest boss fight. Chief paroxysmus, about 10 minutes because he has high hp

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This actually sounds quite interesting... And fairly easy to reproduce. What are your base stats?

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 260 stat points. base stats in str and agi are calculated after using pots and under the influence of curse casted by medusa

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question, how do you get 10 Dex on your Bracelet when the cap to imbue is 8 and the 5 SSI? With those numbers you need to be using an exceptional crafted bracelet, but SSI isnt even imbueable on a bracelet, I must be missing something here.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Question, how do you get 10 Dex on your Bracelet when the cap to imbue is 8 and the 5 SSI? With those numbers you need to be using an exceptional crafted bracelet, but SSI isnt even imbueable on a bracelet, I must be missing something here.
Good question. I assumed he got lucky with a nice Shame bracelet with 5 SSI and 10 Dex that was clean.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea its a shame bracelet i bought for well 50 m or so. You know with jewelry you have an imbueing weight of 500 even if its non exceptional.

The bracelet had ssi dex and di on it so i only had to imbue dci and hci

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea its a shame bracelet i bought for well 50 m or so. You know with jewelry you have an imbueing weight of 500 even if its non exceptional.

The bracelet had ssi dex and di on it so i only had to imbue dci and hci

In all these years I've always assumed it was 450/500 for non ex/exceptional. I was confused when the chart said it was crafted but being shame loot, it makes more sense.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just picked me up a SSI/DI/HCI Brac clean for 1m. I can finish imbuing it up, only difference is it will be 8 Dex for now. However that 2 Dex shouldnt be a big difference maker for the moment. Im really liking some of the chnages ive made off your build. Im not copying it exactly but it has opened my eyes up to some different ideas!

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if it wasnt shame loot, crafted non exceptional jewelry has 500 imbueing weight. The 450 only applies on armor and weapons (nonexceptional)

Anyway im glad that my build seems to inspire you guys. To try and test sth new. These are the things that make uo a great game in my opinion.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Anyway im glad that my build seems to inspire you guys. To try and test sth new. These are the things that make uo a great game in my opinion.
Indeed! I love the ability to test different templates and gear sets in UO.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I'm going through the numbers, it seems your neck pc was really enhanced with Bronze instead of agapite? Also, did you craft, reforge, then pof/imbue then enhance?

EDIT: Kinda confused on your numbers here.

Platemail Gorget (Using Bronze Enhance since that is all that could realistically hit 20 cold resist):

I reforged my base pc and came up with 6/17/6/8/8
However, If I imbue cold up to 15 I am only left with 3 slots left so I cannot add 4 mods.
If Imbued to cold up to 15, I then have a pc of 9/17/20/9/10

The only way I can figure your hitting 65 and 63 mods is with base>reforge>enhance (of course enhancement is after imbue).

Can you please share how you crafted such pcs and still managed to fit 4 mods on each?

I'm playing around with different armors etc and trying to figure it out.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
15 (plate) + 20 (exceptional) + 17 (valorite) + 15 (imbuing) = 67
you can get up to 67 res with one imbue (and post imbue enchanting)

p.s. He used agapite - up to 65 res
crafted 7-10-3-7-8
imbued 7-10-18-7-8
enchanted 9-17-20-9-10

Last edited:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the gorget was a nice reforging result which came with overcaped cold resistance though i reforged on dci. I guess its quite tricky to get the same result again. Corwin is not totally right because normally 20 cold resist on platemail is not possible. Max with agapite enhancement is 19.

Plate got 5 3 2 3 2 base. the gorget came with 7 10 18 7 8 after reforging. So with agapite enhancement 9 17 20 9 10.

Hope this helps

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the gorget was a nice reforging result which came with overcaped cold resistance though i reforged on dci. I guess its quite tricky to get the same result again. Corwin is not totally right because normally 20 cold resist on platemail is not possible. Max with agapite enhancement is 19.

Plate got 5 3 2 3 2 base. the gorget came with 7 10 18 7 8 after reforging. So with agapite enhancement 9 17 20 9 10.

Hope this helps
That makes a more sense, thank you.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
15 (plate) + 20 (exceptional) + 17 (valorite) + 15 (imbuing) = 67
you can get up to 67 res with one imbue (and post imbue enchanting)

p.s. He used agapite - up to 65 res
crafted 7-10-3-7-8
imbued 7-10-18-7-8
enchanted 9-17-20-9-10

Plate base is 2 for cold making it impossible to imbue and enhance to twenty without bronze. However Drake's post on is lucky reforge roll helps explain that as well as other crafted pcs.

Not only has this post opened up my thoughts on different possibilities for my samp, but it has helped me to understand re-forging a little more, something that after all this time I still am trying to learn.

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Makes it sence to move some of the necro points to items only used to get into vampiric embrace and exchanged (EC macro) for the fighting armor right after?
Or isnt it possible to maintain the embrace without it, last shorter or has any effects i didnt know of?

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Makes it sence to move some of the necro points to items only used to get into vampiric embrace and exchanged (EC macro) for the fighting armor right after?
Or isnt it possible to maintain the embrace without it, last shorter or has any effects i didnt know of?
Items would need to be equipped to maintain vamp form.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reforging is kinda tricky but can give very nice results.ou just have to craft lots of armor parts and then burn throug (copper) runic hammers

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this was possible years ago... But sadly the devs fixed that. You cconstantly have to keep up at least 99 necromancy

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Here are my sampire's stats (without buffs except vampiric embrace, just 255 stats, with a longsword):
140 hp (26 hpi) - 150 with potion
162 stam (42 si) - 192 with potion
101 mana (41 mi)
130 str (+10) - 150 with potion
120 dex (+20) - 150 with potion
40 int (+5)
70-70-70-70-75
51-66 dmg (100 tactics and anatomy)
45 hci
35 ssi
100 di
50 hla
30 hld
96 hml !!
50 hsl
4 hpr
15 sr ???
3 mr
45 dci
50 ep
0/0 fc
40 lmc

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am doing exactly what cdavbar is insinuating. I am trading my elven energy resist max to 70 for 50 DCI on my warriors. It isn't a huge difference, but every little bit of DCI helps. Oh and now I am also going to run with 50-55 LMC (depending on what armor types I use).
This is what I will be doing if i can get a 20 DCI clean ring from shame.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I decided to do my EP like this (keep in mind I don't use heal/cure/refresh just Str/Agl):
I set up a EC Macro for my Strength and Agility Pots to run as such, Switch DI Ring for EP Ring and switch main weapon with one handed weapon. Chug Pots Re swap ring/single hand weapon for DI ring and main weapon. You can add some punch to your template doing this.

Keep in mind i also run EC with Pinco's that has a near instantaneous item/weapon switch out rate, much much much faster than UOAssist can do it and tahts what makes this possible. Once you chug a pot while wearing EP, removing the EP item will not remove the bonus that you received.

The macro sequence takes 2 -3 seconds tops to complete start to finish and only needs ran every three minutes.

Just throwing that out there to you and anyone else that uses EP jewels. If your not switching them out, your losing out on 200 weight worth of mods.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I haven't bought into integrating EP into my PvM warrior suits yet. There is no argument that you can create a more powerful character when buffed, but using pots requires constant restocking and I don't have a single alchemist among my armada of characters. I prefer to just optimize my suits and stats buffless to maximize my swing speed. I usually aim for 10 more stamina than is required to swing at max speed (i.e. 160 stamina with 20 SSI for a 3.0s Bladed Staff).

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't bought into integrating EP into my PvM warrior suits yet. There is no argument that you can create a more powerful character when buffed, but using pots requires constant restocking and I don't have a single alchemist among my armada of characters. I prefer to just optimize my suits and stats buffless to maximize my swing speed. I usually aim for 10 more stamina than is required to swing at max speed (i.e. 160 stamina with 20 SSI for a 3.0s Bladed Staff).

Well running it this way with EP ring, I can run at 174 Dex/207 Stam. Makes for nice options with weapons and such.

I played it safe so that way curses etc don't drop me down too low in case of apple failures or wait on apple timers.

Last edited:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice thought didnt know you can unequip ep after drinking pot.

But remember dex like the other stats is capped at 150. so you cant habe 174. the only sense for overcapping is to compensate clumsy

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I will be doing if i can get a 20 DCI clean ring from shame.
Good luck. Please let me know if you're able to do so. I still have one 20 DCI ring and one 20 DCI bracelet with no other mods from when shame loot was first upgraded. I haven't seen any since then. I do have at least one 20 DCI, -100 luck jewelry piece I could use if I really wanted...but why sacrifice a mod slot on the jewel for just 5 extra DCI?

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the only sense for overcapping is to compensate clumsy

This is for the most part the reasoning. I will be running some tests and tweakign some mods on suit to bring it to the proper "overcap" while still maximizing other mods that could be upped some more.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok now... Some idea came to my mind. Having the benefits from divine fury and 20% ssi on equipment do we really need necromancy. If no ssi has to be imbued on the weapon life leech could be added even on slayer weapons. Theoretically possible with a longsword, safer with a broadsword and the 2h option the double axe

This would free up 100 points that could be used eg for maxing out anatomy and tactics and adding 60 resisting spells which should be enough against curse or clumsy. I think it could be a dmg increase

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok now... Some idea came to my mind. Having the benefits from divine fury and 20% ssi on equipment do we really need necromancy. If no ssi has to be imbued on the weapon life leech could be added even on slayer weapons. Theoretically possible with a longsword, safer with a broadsword and the 2h option the double axe

This would free up 100 points that could be used eg for maxing out anatomy and tactics and adding 60 resisting spells which should be enough against curse or clumsy. I think it could be a dmg increase
Damage increase, probably, but is life leech going to make up for the life drain received from necro? For example my only healing is from Life Drain, Confidence, and emergency Curse Weapons (it has a one second timer so you can still spam it a few times without SS to come-back in a tight spot).

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Damage increase, probably, but is life leech going to make up for the life drain received from necro? For example my only healing is from Life Drain, Confidence, and emergency Curse Weapons (it has a one second timer so you can still spam it a few times without SS to come-back in a tight spot).
I don't think HLL is sufficiently effective to warrant removing vamp form. Also, usually I am property limited on weapons. I could not see me wanting to fit HLL also on my already cramped weapons.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think HLL is sufficiently effective to warrant removing vamp form. Also, usually I am property limited on weapons. I could not see me wanting to fit HLL also on my already cramped weapons.
I hear you, Even though you can now go to 600 weight on a two hander, your still limited to caps unless you are able to reforge the elemental damage you want +overcapped leeches.

Actually right now I'm workign on my two-hander AI weapon of choice, my Bladed Staff's. Trying to get a 100% fire with overcapped Mana Leech, might as well try to take advantage of some of that free 100 imbue weight

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True... Well lets some calculation. A broadsword with 100 hll, and lets say you do 180 dmg per hit.

Vampire form drains 36 (20 %)
Hll drains 180 * 0,3 * 100% = 54, so 0 - 54 is leeched per hit

The sword would look like the following:

Hll 100 - 154 pts
Hml 81 - 110 pts
Di 30 - 60 pts
Superslayer - 130 pts
Hsl 23 - 46 pts

For example my only healing is from Life Drain, Confidence, and emergency Curse Weapons (it has a one second timer so you can still spam it a few times without SS to come-back in a tight spot).
Curse weapon... Would not work with my build. Losing karma kills the df bonus

I think ill give it a try. No need to rebuild my gear. Just craft the sword and switch skills

Last edited: