• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So thinking about coming back for a spell

Belshazzar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know how many people remember me or would want to remember me but i have been lurking awhile and after playing WOW for couple years me and the misses are seriously looking at coming back. I know the game sounds dead but we miss it to be honest. How are things here? is it completely dead and not worth opening up accounts again or is it still fun? I know there has been many changes and to me it would be fun but after the newness wears off how is it all?

V/r
Belshazzar - you know who it is :yell:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't listen to SO... There's too many people and too much drama on GL & Atlantic.

Yeah, LA might be a little quiet, but things have been picking up a bit recently, with active weekend EM events, and the changes to Shame Dungeon. The other changes with SA, High Seas, etc. have made the game a lot more fun, especially if you felt the challenge of PvM being non-existant before.

We could REALLY use a couple more active merchants - as it is, Sampson and Veronica Mars have the two most actively maintained vendor houses (at least, of those that don't specialize in 1 or 2 specific products), but most of the rest of Luna seems dead.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I agree with Bas. Come back to LA and we will help you out with anything you need to get started.

Belshazzar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are the housing spots as well as the old hidden house spots?

Yeah i do miss crafting and will def have to give that a try if i come back and i see thunting and fishing are back big time, glad i have great templated already mastered for those. What other changes have come along the way i notice some new crafting skills and such? BODs still big or no? How is the vendor business since everyone knows that was my gig. Who all from the old gang is still here? I see Bas, and slack are around, i see the old salty pirate is back as well, what about liz, cappro, twinkie, rose, beldin, nutty?

V/r
Belshazzar

D

Dark Angel XXXX

OOOOOO
Hope you do come back....Remember you and your better half !!
Imbuing is the going thing now....Thunting, Fishing and oh so many things going on now...
If you get tired of one thing, alot left over to do....LA has been picking up lately...See alot more players now on LA than in years past...Thanks to our EM Augustus...We stay pretty busy :)
Twinkie left LA awile ago :(.....Not sure about the others you mentioned....
If you need anything be sure and give us a yell...I know myself I have tons of bods that you are welcome to have...
There is alot of plots for housing and still secret hiding spots....

Belshazzar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do i have to buy stygian abyss and the high seas booster or can i just get the high seas booster for the new content it offers. I not looking to purchase stygian right now till i see how the game goes.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can get just High Seas, but you'd be missing out on Imbuing.

You can check on origin.com, and there might be a sale on SA - they've been having sales on SA & HS off and on the last few weeks.

Once you do get established, one of the features of the theme packs (even smaller content packages released after HS) is that you can set up a vendor stall in New Maginica that BUYS crafting stuff for you.

T

Talishara

I agree with Basara, LA is definitly not a ghost town. There are many nights I log on and go do things with other people besides my own guild. Whether it be a spawn of some kind, to a dungeon crawl. I've earned many death robes in the last few months, and man has it been a blast.

The one thing I've always loved about LA is that people on the shard have always been very willing to help each other. Especially the people who post on this board. They're always willing to just be there to help get you comfortable playing again :)

I also agree, Luna needs more active merchants. I have a small vendor mall there however many of the other vendor malls have been empty for months. I can still remember when there were vendor malls outside of Luna, like by the Brit gate that were really great. I miss that stuff ;)

So, welcome back! (and... if you happen to see Beldin, you tell him that Talishara from the old rp town of Elen'Mar misses her dwarf buddy lol )

Tali (E|M)

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are the housing spots as well as the old hidden house spots?

Yeah i do miss crafting and will def have to give that a try if i come back and i see thunting and fishing are back big time, glad i have great templated already mastered for those. What other changes have come along the way i notice some new crafting skills and such? BODs still big or no? How is the vendor business since everyone knows that was my gig. Who all from the old gang is still here? I see Bas, and slack are around, i see the old salty pirate is back as well, what about liz, cappro, twinkie, rose, beldin, nutty?

V/r
Belshazzar
What's the worst that can happen, adventure awaits.

I've enjoyed the imbuing, treasure hunting, abyss hunting, and peerless killings to name a few things.

I'll be happy to share any of the newly acquired knowledge that I'm still working on since I just got back.

Belshazzar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone tell me about these master skills dealing with bards? I am trying to figure that out or is that only a SA thing?

I will be in game rest of the day if anyone wants to hit me up, ICQ 69763323.

V/r
Belshazzar

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The EM run events are very fun. The new EM is a good one and hopefully sticks around for a while. If you have a chance to goto an event, I recommend it highly.

I remember the Brit gate vendors were the places to goto back in the day if you needed something or something dyed. That was pre-Luna when Brit was hopping. Then came Walmart vendors and that whole section. I remember the Yew gate had some good ones. Actually there used to be vendors all over. I can't forget about the awesome Moonglow Mall and many others.

Garion_UMP

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think bard masteries were part of SA, just a publish in general. Basically, once you are at least a GM in the one of the bardic skills (peace, provo, or discord), you can do a quest to gain a mastery status in one skill. You can redo the quests to switch masteries but can only gain mastery in one skill at any time.

Completing a mastery quest gives you a couple of bonuses (increased barding chance over all, higher increased barding chance in mastery skill, faster recovery), and a spellsong book where you will be able to cast two spellsongs associated with your mastery. For example, one of the provo spellsongs allows you and party to get increased HP and a little healing. The spellsong keeps playing until you run out of mana, get interrupted, or stop the song.

You can read more here.