• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So they're bringing back Event Moderators....

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought I'd see hell freeze over before I read this in an official EA announcement...

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=455

" So, we finally have approval to re-implement Event Moderators. Mesanna will be the point of contact for anyone interested. Also, this go around we’ll be identifying the roles and responsibilities. So what’s the hook? This cycle of moderators will be assisting with the Stygian Abyss and Live story arcs. Draconi and Leurocian have been concocting the grand scheme for several weeks now, and we’ll allow all those who meet specific criteria (will be publishing this info soon) access to the arcs and the opportunity to help direct the long-running narrative of Britannia."

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really really hope not- the world wide events are working well.

If they do bring EMs back lets back it fair this time- plenty of warning well in advance for any EM Event.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't cross your bridges before you come to them, bringing back EM's yes, but they won't be working in the same way if I'm reading it right.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes thats the beauty of the Long time span worldwide events...anyone can take part in them at any time when it suits them in there own real life scenario.

Old Em events were like so random and quick...

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting, I always wanted to be an Event Moderator. Maybe I'll give it a shot :)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM events were awesome and if i remember THP the worldwide events etc still ran, EM events were just a bonus alongside them.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting, I always wanted to be an Event Moderator. Maybe I'll give it a shot :)
Bits of info are gradually creeping out, I've noticed a few intriguing Dev/EA replies in this thread. Keep watching, and start drafting the application and CV ;)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoever gets the the new EM title please add me to your icq list....

Nuff said methinks............

K

kajakki

But how can one contact this Mesanna? I haven't found info about that from anywhere...

EDIT: Found the answer already, sorry. They will create a form for it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patience. The last line of the article linked to says:
we’ll be in touch with how and when to apply to become the new crew of Event Moderators.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of event mods, can we not just have gms that respond to pages inside a couple of hours :(

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought I'd see hell freeze over before I read this in an official EA announcement...

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=455

" So, we finally have approval to re-implement Event Moderators. Mesanna will be the point of contact for anyone interested. Also, this go around we’ll be identifying the roles and responsibilities. So what’s the hook? This cycle of moderators will be assisting with the Stygian Abyss and Live story arcs. Draconi and Leurocian have been concocting the grand scheme for several weeks now, and we’ll allow all those who meet specific criteria (will be publishing this info soon) access to the arcs and the opportunity to help direct the long-running narrative of Britannia."

As long as they will cater for EVERY class of player, in both Tram and Fel, I will be happy to see them return, I am not saying the old EM's where crap or anything, just that they were too random and excluded a lot of classes and players from taking part, we also have to remember the newer players too, and let them join in, not just vet players, also plenty of advanced warnings, again that would allow more people to join in.

K

Kiminality

As long as they will cater for EVERY class of player, in both Tram and Fel, I will be happy to see them return, I am not saying the old EM's where crap or anything, just that they were too random and excluded a lot of classes and players from taking part, we also have to remember the newer players too, and let them join in, not just vet players, also plenty of advanced warnings, again that would allow more people to join in.
The problem is...
To use PvM as an example, if you're having new and old players at the some time, then the event monster(s) have to be geared so that the old (PvM experienced) players don't mop the floor.
With such a great divide between new and old, in terms of experience and equipment, it's not really possible to give everyone a fair chance. Which is why, tbh, a good event would test the player, not the character (although, inequalities would exist there, too).
Also, it would depend on what tools were available to the EMs. There would naturally be limits to what they can do, and I have a feeling they would fall somewhere short of designing an event geared towards crafters.

Saying that.
Yes, I agree that events should be as inclusive to all playstyles as possible.

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem is...
To use PvM as an example, if you're having new and old players at the some time, then the event monster(s) have to be geared so that the old (PvM experienced) players don't mop the floor.
With such a great divide between new and old, in terms of experience and equipment, it's not really possible to give everyone a fair chance. Which is why, tbh, a good event would test the player, not the character (although, inequalities would exist there, too).
Also, it would depend on what tools were available to the EMs. There would naturally be limits to what they can do, and I have a feeling they would fall somewhere short of designing an event geared towards crafters.

Saying that.
Yes, I agree that events should be as inclusive to all playstyles as possible.
What I should have said was, I think they could include some events for newer players only, to give them a better taste of UO events etc, as there is not really a lot geared towards the newer and younger players.

As for all playstyles yes it is important to include all, as not everyone likes to be a warrior or a mage etc, some are traders, crafters, make it so they are involved or can be involved in some aspects of events, maybe have to craft an item, or something.

K

Kiminality

As for all playstyles yes it is important to include all, as not everyone likes to be a warrior or a mage etc, some are traders, crafters, make it so they are involved or can be involved in some aspects of events, maybe have to craft an item, or something.
The traders have traditionally benefited from EM events.
Crafters are a difficult one. I'm not sure there'd be an easy way to include them. At least without a Bulk Order, or Collection type system.
Obviously, the events would depend on who the EM was, and what they were able/willing to do.

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The traders have traditionally benefited from EM events.
Crafters are a difficult one. I'm not sure there'd be an easy way to include them. At least without a Bulk Order, or Collection type system.
Obviously, the events would depend on who the EM was, and what they were able/willing to do.

Almost anything and everything is possible, but I will hold back final judgment on them until we see some of their events. I wish them well if they do come back, cant be any worse than it is now, or in the past :mf_prop:.

Forgot to add, I think Leto should get Europa's vote for EM, either that or we kidnap Draconi and force him to be our EM

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to make sure nobody misses their chance - deadline for applications is 17 November.

Keep an eye on this thread, info from Mesanna is regularly appearing there - including that it's a paid post, there will be a main and an assistant EM per shard, and lots of other comments that may be of interest!