• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So some template help maybe?

G

So my Bard is about 7yrs old now. I have not really changed him very much at all.
115 Music
115 Peace
115 Provo
110 Mag
100 EI
110 Med
50 focus

Now I have EI on there from when EVs were not that powerfull. But seeing that they are really powerfull now and I better off dropping EI and go o 120 on the rest?

I do not think that I can afford it of course, but I can try to at least.

5% Luck

More importantly can you afford lots of mana regn on you suit>?
Drop focus completely and the med to gm leave EI at gm and 120 your barding.
Drop peace for discord.
The biggest question Can you afford crystalline ring? Makes the template IMO That way you can drop the magery to gm and fill in magic resist

105-120 discord swap a 15 ring/braclet on a need to basis
110-120 provo Decent 10/10 provo/music bracelet with LRC
110-120 music as above
100-120 magery w/crystalline ring
100-100 med
100-100 eval
95-107 resist I use a scrapper with +12 resist spells easy to find for sale!

"note" with protection on it is imperative to max out the resist spells skill as much as possible. Protected Im running around 75 skill its not enough but untill i can find a braclet with 10/10/10 provo/music.resist AND LRC on it Im stuck with it!

G

Hiya. I'd loose the extra focus points and put them into your barding skills. My template is:

98 Magery - 110 with Scrappers that has +12 Magery on it
100 Eval Int
86 Meditation (wish I could squeeze more, but simply can't)
Music 120 Natural Skill
100 Peacing
115 Provoke (use ring with +12 Provo and +11 Disco)
115 Disco (use above ring)

I sometimes swap out Spellweaving for Peacing via soulstone, but I have to say that Area Peacing has saved my butt too many times to count, so I typically carry my Peacing with me. I can't see needing Resist Spells if you have a suit that allows you to be able to take a couple of hits before you retreat and/or invis. Dropping Eval is a bad idea because you will loose the power behind your spells. An EV cast without Eval in your template isn't going to do much at all and neither are any of your other offensive spells. I took the extra points I needed out of Meditation and made up for it with Mana Regen items. I believe I have 10 MR on my suit and I typically don't have mana issues.

Hope this helps you. Rock on ....

G

Cool thanks guys. I am going to mull it over.

Although did they change the rule about EI and Summons? Used to be it did not effect it. Gosh they changed alot.

G

Eval does not affect the power of your summons. Whether you have 120 eval or 0 eval, an EV will do the same damage. I realize this is more than you want, but my bard is this:

120 Music
120 Peace
120 Provo
120 Magery
120 Med
120 Eval
120 Disco (stoned off)

This template is incredibly flexible, I interchange Disco and Eval depending on what I'm doing. Right now in Doom, I have Disco stoned off and Eval on to do more damage with things like ex/fs/ebolt. If I'm going solo against drags and such, I stone eval and use the disco instead. Adjust your values downward based on what you can afford scroll wise. FWIW. Personally, I find resist on a bard to be a total waste of skillpoints.

For a suit, I have 100 lrc, 40 lmc, and MR10, and only rarely do I run into mana issues (drop two ev's and 3 fs in a row on a dark father and it gets a little tight lol).

5% Luck

The thing I do is use the inviability spell as peacemaking. Since Its basical the same result I fell your better off with resist spell though arcanistship is definitely anther way to go. But, with resist spells you dont get paraed and poisoned a lot less allowing for the invisi to be cast with out failing due to being in any of those states. Not to mention the mana drain effect is limited to about 1 second instead of 10. But thats just my style and opinion!

G

<blockquote><hr>

The thing I do is use the inviability spell as peacemaking. Since Its basical the same result I fell your better off with resist spell though arcanistship is definitely anther way to go. But, with resist spells you dont get paraed and poisoned a lot less allowing for the invisi to be cast with out failing due to being in any of those states. Not to mention the mana drain effect is limited to about 1 second instead of 10. But thats just my style and opinion!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I don't see invisibility as the same as peacemaking. When I'm invised, I can't cast spells on a target, I'm basically hiding. When I peace a target, I can cast offensive spells or summons such as EV's. You make an excellent point on play styles though. The OP needs to find a happy median that works for them and go for it. Good luck.

5% Luck

Invisi just to break the arrgo on me then start up the provoking again. Thats how I use it at any rate. Seems a waste of skill points for peace if I can still do a very similar thing and not have the skill timer punctuate the damaging acts. IE provoking and discording.
My peacemakers is a macer/paladin/sammuri =}
120 peace
120 music
120 macing
120 tactics
120 bushido
70 chivalrey
50 focus
1495 luck!

E

elenka

5%luck, did you try the same template with disco instead of peace?

Elly