• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, Not only do we not get visiters bonus we lose hours too

G

<blockquote><hr>

Mind you, I don't know what kind of house you have...

[/ QUOTE ]

You do know what house I have, you come Jam in it at times and ask me for a jump

And nope, no free accounts, no cheats to get upthere. We did it like it used to be done, we stay open and hope ppl come to have a good time

G

LMAO. Ok

Well i didn't want to assume it was you since on the boards anyone can use any name.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

I HATE going to places with a lot of hiding sims. Or the ones with signs (that are #1 BTW)-' We are AFK.. feel free to use such and such.' I like the idea of a 100 list-I wish there was a way to limit extra sims (owed by the same person)--maybe link the name-credit card number-account address somehow... Oh, I don't know. I wish there was a way it could be fairer for those who choose that goal for their particular game. Now the free account sims not counting is a good thing but I don't think there should be a flag saying they are free players-that would cause them to stand out in not such a good light - then might cause some problems for them and then they might not become subscribers because of a bad experience.... I don't like that subscribers have to pay for these sims to eat and waste time /space for essentially nothing. Just don't have a services or welcome lot, I suppose. Why should you have to change? I don't have an answer for that-and I do agree that you shouldnt have to. I dont see an alternative though. Here's a sure clue... if a sim come on your services lot to skill, they are a free player.

G

Chips... there is an easy fix to all of this. Don't allow skilling objects to be used in stores. SKilling objects are for skilling houses. Money objects are for money houses. Residence would be the only one I would allow some skilling and money items since that is people's homes. Stores? Can't skill at them... shouldn't be allowed to.

Kinda make it like the love tubs. They won't work anywhere else excpet for Residence and love lots. That will fix alot of problems

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

Ok... So you want no top 100 lists ...what is the point of playing a game with no challenge?... seems to me as the owner of the #1 skill house that i have busted my bootie to get there ... with no free sims sitting around ..i hunted for roomies and pulled a 48 hour shift alone to even get my house on the list ... so why not stop trying to take away the challenge for the ones that like to work to get ahead and go out and sacrafice a bit to get on the list yourselves its rewarding once you make it ... i love all you guys but #1 dose not come easy ...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've been playing recently, you should have noticed there is a lot of challenges in this game. Its not fair that some people who don't have 3 accounts, cant get on them map themselves and cant find roommates who want to help out. But its fine for those who have 5 + accounts be afk for 400 hours and be on the top of the list.

If you want the list, fine leave it. BUT <font color="green"> make it so that all lots are visible on the map or on the list, except they have no # spot on the list, for example, a store that just opened would be 0 on the 100 list, but its still on the map and after it gets a few visitor hours it moves up to #100 or #99. </font>

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

Question

Does the top 100 list start over every month?

I don't mind the free players except I have had a lot of experience where all they do is ask for money and things and then get mad at me when I tell them they need to get a job and they know they are unable to make money from it. (Another post. lol)

As for visitor bonus, I'm kind of glad I came into this game late because I don't miss the stuff the veterans do. hehe

I feel for you all because most of you seem to have dearly loved a game that is now obviously very different..

BabiDoll~

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope the list does not "start over", its changed daily, every day during maintenance the lots that gained visitor hours will move up the list and those who had less visitor hours than a different lot will be moved down the list.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The solution is simple.

GET RID OF THE TOP 100 LIST IN ALL CATEGORIES AND SHOW ONE BIG LIST OF ONLINE/OFFLINE LOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

How are they going to show ALL of the lots that are open on game...maybe off game like on a facebook type thing, but I don't believe there's enough room for all of the stores, money, and skill lots, and if their was, that's A LOT of scrolling, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not impossible, just requires some coding. All we would have to do is scroll down, its better to have a variety of lots that are helpful then those that are afk. There could be a filter to show only online or offline lot (or both). And if some one is too lazy to scroll down, well then its not my problem.

G

Ok kiddies, lets try to compromise.

EA has already removed free players from counting as visitor hours - great idea.

Some people don't want a top 100 list because they are not on it and no one goes to their place.

Some people want the top 100 list because they ARE on it and it brings in people.

Solution: Make a list of the top 100 that are ONLINE only. Most of the time when I look at this list, half of the properties are offline. That does me no good in finding a place that has the skilling or money objects that I want.

F

festrmentmagnet

I totatly agree.
Just get rid of the top 100 list altogether.
Just show the houses that are open.

G

Max, I can tell you exactly why you and a handful of other people find it relatively easy to gain a top spot on the lists: reputation.

Practically everyone in the game who hasn't been living with their head up a flamingo's rear for the last several years knows you. They know you always run a great house, and are very attentive to guests. They will readily flock to any new venture of yours because of this, and because you are personally well-liked.

Anybody who is new to the game, or just not well known, could have an identical house with identical service, and just wouldn't stand a chance of competing. This is kind of a shame, and dispiriting for anyone with ambition who doesn't have a long list of influential sim friends, but is unavoidable.

Resetting the lists, or even doing away with them altogether would do very little to change the status quo. The "cream" will always rise to the top. I would however like to see closed properties removed from the lists so that we are better able to see what choices we currently have, especially at off-peak hours when there are only a handful of properties open in each category in the top 100, and maybe none of them are really what we're looking for.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Here's an interesting question. With all the merges being completed, what happens with the top 100 list now? You have houses that people put in so much time and now they have 0 visitor hours. Do you think now that all the merges are completed they should reset the top 100 list and give everyone a fair shake at the list?

I agree the top 100 list needs to go away. I stated before they should make it like ebay... positive, negative and neutral comments. The higher the positive rating, the higher up the list the house is. This will combat a few issues. #1 Visitor hours will no longer count towards the top 100 list. Thus, even if free accounts do count in hours, it won't make a difference. #2 It would cause the top 100 list to be reset. This is important to give anyone who brought over a "Top 100" house from another city a chance to get it in the top 100 list again in EA Land. Right now with the housing situation I don't see a house being able to crack the list without a reset.

Now I know what people are going to say. "We have worked hard to be #1. Why would we want to reset the list?" I say this... you can't please everyone all the time. If changing the top 100 list at the same time to make it more fair, then I think it's for the greater good. But, I don't currently have a top 100 house so it's easy for me to say all this. I just wanted to throw this out there for discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think the lists should be reset. People didn't have to wait for the merges, they chose to knowing that the consequence would be that there would be avatars already in the city who had a *leg up* on them in becoming established, yet they still made that choice....so I don't think it's fair to punish the players by obliterating *their* work just because they decided to go in on the bullet train. That would totally negate the purpose for having bullet trained in the first place, giving up the things they did in the process. That would make that all for nothing.

The positive, negative and neutral rating is a good thing, but there would need to be some way to limit the ratings to one vote per IP address in a 24 RL hour day, so as to not 'pad' votes in either direction, either by giving somebody a whole bunch of positives, *or* a whole bunch of negatives that aren't warranted. If some kind of policing can be done to prevent that potential for abuse, then I'm all for it. That would actually make being #1 actually MEAN something in terms of not only how long you're open but how *well* you host. There's too many people just proping their door open and calling that hosting, when that is not honestly what hosting is about. It's about way more than opening your lot and making sure there's food on the table. That bare minimum should earn somebody a place on the list, but by no means a top 20 position, maybe not even a top 50, because any tom, **** and harry can do THAT. Hosting is something that requires effort and skill and should be rewarded as such, IMO.

G

I wonder if there was a way to control this for shops since that is the biggest problem with padding hours. Make it so only people who bought something at the lot can leave a comment. Again, kinda like e-bay. Then you can also write it in where you can only leave 1 comment per 24 rl hours. skilling houses and money houses are fine. I think the real issue people are having is with the stores.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I understand what your saying

but its not fair that we CANT block free players from our lots

because they dont count for anything

[/ QUOTE ]

Free players can only go to stores, welcome and service lots in EA Land, so there is a way to block free players from any lot you make. STAY OUT OF THOSE CATEGORIES. As for TC3, if players were given the ability you ask for, then the most power hungry sims who wanted to be high on the list would utilize the feature, and that would result in free players having a much harder time skilling and making money, which isn't fair to them since TC3 is the only place they can play unlimitedly. Still, there's a solution for that too....don't own a lot in TC3. Don't ask EA to give you an ability to exercise a prejudice anymore than you already can with your ban list having the ability to ban any player who comes onto your lot and causes trouble. It is NOT right or OK to ban a person before they've done anything to deserve it....simply not paying for their account doesn't fall into that category.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree! I can't believe some of the predjudice I'm seeing in players with payed accounts. Let the freebies have a chance! A lot will eventually switch to paying (I did!) and that will be better for all of us. Its an awful thought to be able to ban them just for being free players. I applaud the houses that have stayed open in the Res and Welcome categories to help the new players. Their kindness makes a huge difference to the new players; I've seen it first hand because I had to help run one of the big houses one night, and I've been locked out of the skill and money houses, which is no fun. Players will eventually subscribe or quit but what good is all this about banning them going to do any of us?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't mind the free players except I have had a lot of experience where all they do is ask for money and things and then get mad at me when I tell them they need to get a job and they know they are unable to make money from it. (Another post. lol)

As for visitor bonus, I'm kind of glad I came into this game late because I don't miss the stuff the veterans do. hehe

I feel for you all because most of you seem to have dearly loved a game that is now obviously very different..

BabiDoll~

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope the list does not "start over", its changed daily, every day during maintenance the lots that gained visitor hours will move up the list and those who had less visitor hours than a different lot will be moved down the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone posted earlier on the thread about only those houses that are open being on the list. That way when you check all you see is open houses. When #3 closes then the next open house in line moves up the spot. That would also give #204th on the rating a chance to move up in the ranks temporarily if every other house is closed. Many houses never ever get visiters just because many players really don't know how to find them. Just a thought.

G

I think it's a great idea but I am not sure how they would be able to program that. I think every house should get an official ranking... no matter how many houses there are. If the #1 house closes, then the #2 house should be the first one listed and so forth. As of right now the only way to be seen is get a few friends on your lot so if people search using the general searching tool (not sure what it's called but not using the top 100 to see who is open) then you will see your house pop up there.

G

When #3 closes

#3 will remain open until maintenance. And so will the others that desire to remain on the front page. Having the lists show only open properties has been suggested for at least 5 years. I'm waiting to see what the lists look like now that we are all in one big, happy city.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

BabiDoll~

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone posted earlier on the thread about only those houses that are open being on the list. That way when you check all you see is open houses. When #3 closes then the next open house in line moves up the spot. That would also give #204th on the rating a chance to move up in the ranks temporarily if every other house is closed. Many houses never ever get visiters just because many players really don't know how to find them. Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great Idea!

We also need a way to advertise our lots and events.

I remember reading the Wiki last year, about a flicker bar that would be above our visitors on lot box, and were people can pay to advertise their lots and events.

Its also a good money drain to regulate the economy and boosts business for the player!

G

glass_angel

1) Without lists, nobody needs to fill their house with fake accounts to make fake popularity.

that says a lot right there.....how many paying accounts would they now lose???????? perhaps not in the money or skill category but we ALL know there would numerous accounts canceled from the store category list....

G

<blockquote><hr>

1) Without lists, nobody needs to fill their house with fake accounts to make fake popularity.

that says a lot right there.....how many paying accounts would they now lose???????? perhaps not in the money or skill category but we ALL know there would numerous accounts canceled from the store category list....

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you willing to 'look the other way' when it comes to blatant cheating just because the people *might* get mad that they were busted and cancel their accounts? Also up until just a couple weeks ago these people were doing this with FREE accounts, and I scarcely believe that when free accounts no longer counted toward visitor hours that these people subscribed their 15 accounts at $10/account/month. I just dont see that as likely, so I don't think EA will end up losing anything with those people.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Oh well I can care less what those cheaters do. Yes I am calling people with 15 accounts that have all there sims on one lot and go afk forever cheaters because they make it nearly impossible for me and my roommates to get on the list when #100 on the list has 4 hours 34 min worth of visitor hours and my visitors stay for no longer than three min each and I barley get anyone to come I haven't even sold a single item and my things are all over 64% off.

G

glass_angel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you willing to 'look the other way' when it comes to blatant cheating just because the people *might* get mad that they were busted and cancel their accounts? Also up until just a couple weeks ago these people were doing this with FREE accounts, and I scarcely believe that when free accounts no longer counted toward visitor hours that these people subscribed their 15 accounts at $10/account/month. I just dont see that as likely, so I don't think EA will end up losing anything with those people.

take a visit to the top few places in certain categories...if you pay 10$ a month to play, are you going to leave it there AFKing? by all means EA would lose...they would lose paying accounts in certain categories that abuse the hiding feature.
no i try not to "look the other way" when there is blatant cheating, if i am 100% positive then i would report it but this was more about the top 100 list....and if they did get rid of it (which i think is a good idea) i was just merely saying that maybe they dont do it because they know they will lose some paying accounts.

G

NOIP
Whether rankings remain or not, whether closed lots remain visible on the list or not, - the imortant thing is to have a means for all lots to be listed.
The current "Top 100" could easily be extended to the "Top 200" or 300 with all lots in the category shown whether open or closed. Competition for rankings would remain unchanged.
Or - Same as above, but with only the open lots shown, but listed by ranking (If #1 is closed, #2 would be first on the list, but it's #2 rank would be shown).

I think either one of these would serve all concerns - competition would remain the same, but even the newest lots would have a chance to be seen.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

deleted because of a browser error which posted something useless....

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you 100%. I don't think those accounts ever did have any intention of subscribing those accounts either. They we're free, and available and some people took advantage of them for the mere purpose of cheating their way to the tops.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

take a visit to the top few places in certain categories...if you pay 10$ a month to play, are you going to leave it there AFKing? by all means EA would lose...they would lose paying accounts in certain categories that abuse the hiding feature.
no i try not to "look the other way" when there is blatant cheating, if i am 100% positive then i would report it but this was more about the top 100 list....and if they did get rid of it (which i think is a good idea) i was just merely saying that maybe they dont do it because they know they will lose some paying accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Several of these properties would no longer be in a top 10 position if the hours from free accounts is eliminated. I don't see how EA would lose any money from stopping this. Please explain why you think they will lose money.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Several of these properties would no longer be in a top 10 position if the hours from free accounts is eliminated. I don't see how EA would lose any money from stopping this. Please explain why you think they will lose money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think that by eliminating hours that the free accounts have been accumulating it's going to make the game fun for the honest hard working store owners. It will give them the challenge they deserve instead of them being out there for no one to see.

G

How are visitor Hours added up, if a sim stays in a lot like my house for 3 hours each day when do those hours get added to my lot?

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

How are visitor Hours added up, if a sim stays in a lot like my house for 3 hours each day when do those hours get added to my lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not exactly sure but I think it shows every 48 hours.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

I also think that by eliminating hours that the free accounts have been accumulating it's going to make the game fun for the honest hard working store owners. It will give them the challenge they deserve instead of them being out there for no one to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

As of several weeks now, free accounts don't count toward visitor hours.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not exactly sure but I think it shows every 48 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]
Every day after maintenance.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Resetting the lists, or even doing away with them altogether would do very little to change the status quo. The "cream" will always rise to the top. I would however like to see closed properties removed from the lists so that we are better able to see what choices we currently have, especially at off-peak hours when there are only a handful of properties open in each category in the top 100, and maybe none of them are really what we're looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can support the idea of showing only the open houses on the list. I find it a good idea and makes more sence. As it is now, 80% of the houses are closed when i scroll the list. Wich is skill and money. I believe service lists are like 95% closed. I have no desire to see wich houses are all closed anyway.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The solution is simple.

GET RID OF THE TOP 100 LIST IN ALL CATEGORIES AND SHOW ONE BIG LIST OF ONLINE/OFFLINE LOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

I only have 2 accounts, Iv been trying to get my store on the list for ages, I get hardly any visitors, and cant find any roommates because no one wants to move to a house that is not on the map yet! Gah!!!

But, I agree with EA on this one, Free Accounts should not count for visitor hours, because they can be abused by paying customers to get on the top lot and stay there while being afk and doing absolutely nothing good!

[/ QUOTE ]

Marcin since the free accounts are not counted any more all the hours are going to reduce incredibly. Before we could have free trials and now free accounts so all of this will not be abused and it will be fair now. And I don't think we should delete good old competition, thats one thing that I really enjoy and makes the game harder and funner.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The solution is simple.

I only have 2 accounts, Iv been trying to get my store on the list for ages, I get hardly any visitors, and cant find any roommates because no one wants to move to a house that is not on the map yet! Gah!!!

But, I agree with EA on this one, Free Accounts should not count for visitor hours, because they can be abused by paying customers to get on the top lot and stay there while being afk and doing absolutely nothing good!

[/ QUOTE ]

Marcin since the free accounts are not counted any more all the hours are going to reduce incredibly. Before we could have free trials and now free accounts so all of this will not be abused and it will be fair now. And I don't think we should delete good old competition, thats one thing that I really enjoy and makes the game harder and funner.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be abused, in fact its being abused as we speak.

90% of the top 1-10 and maybe even 95% of the 1-100 lots are using second, third and possibly more accounts WHICH THEY PAY FOR so there not free accounts, to have an unfair way of getting visitor hours.

I don't see how having all 10 accounts owned by same certain person, on there own lot, is fair to those that can't afford 10 accounts and want to get on the map/list.

Or how is it fair that the #100 lot in the a certain cat has over 3 hours and it grows daily because they have their multiple accounts there all the time?

Please explain to me how this is fair? If I cant even get on the list its been 5 days now, I got 4 visitors total today and they stayed for no longer than 4 min each and I haven't even sold 1 item because all of my visitors were asking for things I didn't have on the lot and cant afford to purchase. Out of curiosity, I asked them how they found my lot and they were just viewing the city view and were clicking on red dots.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Please explain to me how this is fair?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because they are paying for the accounts, and it's within the rules.
You know yourself that anybody who pays for an account can play it any way he/she wants as long it's within the ToS.
And if that means plopping a dozen Sims down and using legitimate features of the game (like Hide), then.... that's his/her right as a paying subscriber.
I might descibe it as 'excessive', or even 'obsessive', but not 'unfair'.
Would you suggest that somebody else's subscription be restricted for your benefit?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Chips... there is an easy fix to all of this. Don't allow skilling objects to be used in stores. SKilling objects are for skilling houses. Money objects are for money houses. Residence would be the only one I would allow some skilling and money items since that is people's homes. Stores? Can't skill at them... shouldn't be allowed to.
..That will fix alot of problems

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehm, can you explain what you mean Duncan?

Gosh, I truly hope they don't remove skilling objects from stores.
That would completely ruin the game for those of us who run non-afk stores with personal service.

They already took away the jam tables we used to stand around jamming on while passing time in the store. Now you think we shouldn't be allowed to study cooking either, while we wait for customers?

If that happens I don't know if I would enjoy watching my skills degrade as I sit there waiting for people to come and shop.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
You know yourself that anybody who pays for an account can play it any way he/she wants as long it's within the ToS.
And if that means plopping a dozen Sims down and using legitimate features of the game (like Hide), then.... that's his/her right as a paying subscriber.
Would you suggest that somebody else's subscription be restricted for your benefit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not fair, and the list should be changed so that all lots can be on the list, but still have ranks that can go farther than 100.

It is unfair because its not allowing others to even be listed on the very bottom.

And its not just my benefit, tons of players can get on the list at all. And its pissing me and a ton of people off, if all these new players and returning players cant get on the list they will eventually get pissed off and leave.

Its day 6 now and I still haven't been on the list, and if it is truly bugged than they better fix it soon! I met another player in the $ category who says she's been trying to get on the list for 2 and 1/2 weeks now!

G

I'm guessing the list is bugged bad, I've been trying to get to 100 in the money category, I've had 4 visitors each stay 6 hours RL time with me at my place! for 3 days straight that would put me over the 100th house in the money Category which only has 2 hours 15 minutes visitors time. I bumped into Maxis Luc and game and explained the situation and there might be a bug because of the merges! Let's hope it's truly bugged and they can fix it! Maxis Luc knows of this issue and is looking into it for us!

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

simsonlinedude, there is a tutorial here CLICKY on the main page that explains how the lot hours system works with the top 100 list.

DISCLAIMER: this is one person or one group's take on how they work

Legs

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're dead wrong about the hide feature. It's been said time and time again that paid or not, this use of the hide feature is using the feature not as it was intended and therefore is exploiting a loophole or bug.

G

<blockquote><hr>

simsonlinedude, there is a tutorial here CLICKY on the main page that explains how the lot hours system works with the top 100 list.

DISCLAIMER: this is one person or one group's take on how they work

Legs

[/ QUOTE ]

We need Cherry Bomb or Gamer to make a page they can link to instead of repeating the same info they have to each time this discussion comes up, because the method for calculation is not as elementary as the page here on Stratics makes it out to be, and that's been pointed out several times yet that page has never been taken down or modified, but it needs to be updated with the up-to-date info IMO.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

We need Cherry Bomb or Gamer to make a page they can link to instead of repeating the same info they have to each time this discussion comes up, because the method for calculation is not as elementary as the page here on Stratics makes it out to be, and that's been pointed out several times yet that page has never been taken down or modified, but it needs to be updated with the up-to-date info IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus my DISCLAIMER.

G

This is what I am refering to - you claim it's 'unfair' for players to be using multiple accounts to boost visitor hours:
<blockquote><hr>

90% of the top 1-10 and maybe even 95% of the 1-100 lots are using second, third and possibly more accounts WHICH THEY PAY FOR so there not free accounts, to have an unfair way of getting visitor hours.

I don't see how having all 10 accounts owned by same certain person, on there own lot, is fair to those that can't afford 10 accounts and want to get on the map/list.

Or how is it fair that the #100 lot in the a certain cat has over 3 hours and it grows daily because they have their multiple accounts there all the time?

[/ QUOTE ]
Changing the way the list is compiled is a different issue, and I agree it needs to be changed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]That particular guide is flagged for review. If you, CB, or Gamer can please PM me with your explanation of how it works, I'd like to discuss this offline.