• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, its been 4 years now?

M

Mortagoth

Its been around 4 years since I gave away my account, adamant that I would never return. I barely managed to resist the Stygian Abyss expansion but now this High Seas expansion looks mighty interesting! I was all geared up to return, downloaded the beta and was ready to reactivate my account. I sat here writing in my log in details and BANG. I remembered I gave it away :| That was my house, rares, arties and eh god knows what else all given away (Hope the guy enjoyed it :) ). I cant seem to find my Stratics log in either so I presume its long gone.

Now feeling completely gutted (and annoyed at myself for forgetting) I am hoping that someone might have an old account with some age to it they no-longer want/have any use for that I may take over please? The thought of starting again with a brand new account is upsetting to say the lest (my account was at the time 4 years old) and I'ld like to be able to use ethy mounts etc.

I know it sounds like I'm pleading (I'm a little pleader apparently) but if anyone remembers me Mortagoth and Dunwich (my two mains) please show some mercy!! Also are any of my old friends still about? Everything seems so different in UO now. Amazing what a difference a few years make. I used to play on Atlantic, Lake Superiour and Origin if anyone remembers me?

Much loves

Mortagoth

T

Tazar

Welcome back! The UO addiction is hard to give up for too long. :p

There are some account floating around so hopefully someone will speak up, though half the fun is the journey getting there. I recently started training up characters from scratch on another shard and had a blast on a newbie character trying to fill his first spellbook without help or purchasing scrolls.

If you do decide on a new account, there is now a "Charger of the Fallen" mount that works just like an ethy, but is not limited by account age. There's lots of great folks around Atlantic that will be willing to help get you on your feet... and with the new imbuing skill, players can craft suits with magic properties to fit your needs.

Holler if we can help!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Welcome back to UO and Atlantic, Mortagoth. :)

C

Caldwin_DDP

You've got so much to catch up on! I'd suggest starting a new account then keeping an eye on the trade forums. But starting anew won't be so bad. Build all new updated templates! And heck, Gargoyles don't even use mounts! As for those old friends, we've got a brand new global chat. You might wanna watch the banter there. There's still a crew to help you get restarted in the longest running MMO ever!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say start a new account. Building most templates isn't too difficult and there is the charger that all accounts can use. If you have any questions about the game now, feel free to ICQ me at 465-072-004. Welcome back (hopefully)!

M

Mortagoth

I'm taking a look around using a trial account. I never purchased Mondains Legacy and its nice to be able to use the new stuff. I see things have changed as I'm not able to go to alot of areas that I used to be able to before. Haven has changed a bit too, took me some time to work out where the moongate was. Why did they change it, anyone know?

I also like whats been done to WBB although not many people seem to be there. Eh its going to take some time to learn all the new stuff :/

T

Tazar

I'm taking a look around using a trial account. I never purchased Mondains Legacy and its nice to be able to use the new stuff. I see things have changed as I'm not able to go to alot of areas that I used to be able to before. Haven has changed a bit too, took me some time to work out where the moongate was. Why did they change it, anyone know?

I also like whats been done to WBB although not many people seem to be there. Eh its going to take some time to learn all the new stuff :/
Trial accounts have somewhat limited access now to prevent some abuse. Haven was destroyed and rebuilt to allow for a new-player training system for the new client. WBB is kinda dead now - everyone hangs out at Luna Bank.

There is lots to learn, but that's part of the fun! Welcome back.

Requiem_baja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got a account you may be interested in. I think its like 56 months. have about 30 mil in gold. Some of the useful arties (i think it has 2 crimmys 2 ornys 2 aofs 2 folded steels, 2 mace and shields, 1 spirit of totem, and some of the newer robes to use) 7 chars . Sampire, Disco tamer, Tank mage, Fencer/archer, Cu dexxer, 4/6 chiver. And a crafter with 120 imbuing. Im about to deploy so I consolidated down to 1 account. All chars have pvp/ end game pvm imbued suits.all skills scrolled to 120. PM me if your interested, im sure we can work somethin out.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a quick reminder. Buying and selling of accounts on Stratics is no longer allowed.

T

Tazar

Buying and Selling accounts opens the door to many different scams... and we do not want to be a part of that. If you are given an account, we strongly recommend that you use the EA-Secure Account Transfer option - just to be safe.

This will prevent someone from taking back the account at a future date - and getting your personal info (identity theft) from the account management page.

Better safe than sorry.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would suggest getting a 4+ year account.

People say that the 20 skill points does not matter as much but it is really limiting when you are trying to make templates.

Pay the extra and get an older account and go through the account transfer process if you are serious about returning.

M

Mortagoth

I've been offered one account but I haven't got paypal (They ripped me off a few years ago and will not use them now) so I'm going to have to forgo that option :(

Just found out that they are doing the free two weeks game time, would have been perfect timing lol. As accounts are not permitted to be traded on here I have no idea where to get an account using my CC.

Eh maybe I'll just look around on the trial account and be done with it. I'm struggling to find anyone I know and most WBB's or Luna seem to be abandoned so I'm guessing theres not many players left :( Origin is virtually abandoned, LS isnt far behind and while there are some people in Atl, its all either trade based or afk bank sitters :(

Its a real shame 'cos UO is definately the better MMO out there, just wish the players would all come back.

T

Tazar

There are people all over Atlantic. Join in on the general chat channel and then hit , before typing and you'll find plenty.

M

Mortagoth

Ye I'll hang out in Atl for a few hours tonight and see who's about :)