• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lock Picking] so, im about to get started and have a question...

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi guys.

im about to purchase the 6th and 7th character slots for my account and i want to make a T-hunter. in preperation ive managed to find a good few LP SoT's (trying to find 5%worth lol) and ive got hold of about 9k lockpicks...

ive read about 15 pages back on this forum, and have found a few posts contradicting the (now out of date?) guides suggesting that at 50 skill, i could grab a paragon chest (not miasma though...?) or a single gm tinker locked chest and do a pretty good job of getting to 95/100 just by burning lockpicks on it?

is this true? or am i reading wrong.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pretty much. Most shards also have a house or two that has such boxes set up to where you can lock, pick, and relock them over and over again - but you'll want a box of your own, when you hit 95, in case you want to use the twisted weald Satyr method.

L

Lord Drakelord

good luck with your training :)

On Sonoma we still maintain our lock picking house, so anyone on Sonoma feel free to pop in to use the boxes.

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok cheers guys :)

im getting 10 boxes made... i know i only need one... but im supersticious, when i stop getting gains for a while i like to be able to change targets, or move, or both :D