• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So if you dont want change....

C

Coragin

Well I figured it out.

If you dont want change or change for your play style and someone is discussing something you dont like or agree with you just start fights in that thread and get it locked.

Then every thread after that on the same subject will get locked and buried, therefore no one sees the changes proposed or even any good ideas that might come. After all the *cough* mods locked that thread, so now that subject is taboo, cant talk about it.

So, you guys start talking about something I dont like, or some changes you want that I dont agree with, I just start fights in the thread so mods lock it, therefore you are forbidden to start a new topic on the subject, because it was locked.

Good to know for future reference. Wish I had known about this "feature" when everyone was whinning to get Greater Dragons nerfed. I would have just started fights in the thread to get it locked. Then no one could have ever posted about it again, because it was locked and thus, the thread itself would be buried and any new threads locked. And alas, no devs would see the concerns of the players.

Great job mods! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup1:

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea thats how it works it seems. Of course this thread will most likely get locked/deleted/or moved to SnR. Perhaps the mods could just delete the posts/replys that involve fighting. If you want your posts to go unaltered/deleted then work your post count up like so many others have, with a high post count you get away with more here.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea thats how it works it seems. Of course this thread will most likely get locked/deleted/or moved to SnR. Perhaps the mods could just delete the posts/replys that involve fighting. If you want your posts to go unaltered/deleted then work your post count up like so many others have, with a high post count you get away with more here.
I don't think that is very accurate, I get yelled at all the time and I have a high post count.

G

Gowron

Recommend move to S&R as there is no idea, valuable discussion, nor recommended solution.

Paps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats why ya gotta be cool as a cucumber.

speaking of veggies,,,,,
heres some dancing broccoli:danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Coragin,

You cant get 10 people to agree on an issue so we sure wont get the entire UO population to agree on things.

Some people like to craft only.
Some people like to dungeon crawl only.
Some people like to PvP only.

That is why when I propose a change it is usually a bug fix and not a game change.

So don't fell bad when something you want done, doesn't happen. It most often never happens.

In regards to having a post locked: This is usually due to the immature people. This is one of the reasons I was very annoyed when they changed UO to Teen instead of Mature.

Not that adults cant act immature as well, but at least you dont have to worry about offending some kids mom or dad.

I wish stratics would make a policy that says if you log onto the forums you read at your own risk.. basically no kids allowed without their parents ok.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
like was done on another thread, the mods need to delete the fight posts instead of just lockin the whole thing. I had a reply deleted there because I replied to a personal attack, but the attack on me was also deleted so its fair. Make a way to lock troublemakers out of a thread. so many decent threads get locked and lost due to people causing trouble in a thread started by a person they dont like. We could try and make 2 Uhall forums, one for adults and one for the overposting kids, but unfortunately the adults are just as bad sometimes.

point is, mods need to get less move/lock happy.

F

five oclock

like was done on another thread, the mods need to delete the fight posts instead of just lockin the whole thing. I had a reply deleted there because I replied to a personal attack, but the attack on me was also deleted so its fair. Make a way to lock troublemakers out of a thread. so many decent threads get locked and lost due to people causing trouble in a thread started by a person they dont like. We could try and make 2 Uhall forums, one for adults and one for the overposting kids, but unfortunately the adults are just as bad sometimes.

point is, mods need to get less move/lock happy.

Na..Just get a few Mods drunk..and let them have a free night to lock and edit what ever they want. Now that would be a fun night. :D

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think post count really matters, but I just wish the censorship and mod watch was just above PG 13+ rating for the UO boards.. I love this site , too bad . : /

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I rarely get yelled at or get threads locked. Then again, I have my rakish good looks and charm to rely upon.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That and the "Who the hell is this guy?" factor.
I call it "mystique." :cool:

mys·tique
Pronunciation: \mi-ˈstēk\
1 : an air or attitude of mystery and reverence developing around something or someone

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Why I oughtta... :fight:

:lol:

Taylor