• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So I was thinking about starting an RP guild on catskills...

O

Omera

I was thinking about starting an RP guild on cats with my crab man, Klik'Arie. I want to help the cats community out by forming the guild there. I still need to think of a theme for it. Something with a high chance of succeeding. I was thinking about a guild for exiled beings, or beings that don't fit in with the rest such as good or neutral aligned undead, orcs, and other non-average things. Other theme suggestions would be nice. I would like people who are interested in joining to speak up and say so. I also need links on guild running, or just general help seeing that no guild I've made ever got anywhere.
Edit: I came up with the idea of a bounty hunter guild, that focuses on pirate/criminal hunting. It seems appropriate seeing that Klik's people are always fighting pirates.

S

Solikos

I've taken part in Orc clans in the past and am about to join another (on siege)... They are interesting and a wealth of knowledge and hard work has already been done for you. Once you have your guild setup I'd post it here in a couple of the sections... Then advertise it as much as you can on the server you play on... Hang out around highly populated areas and ask for interested role players and mention orcs... Some people, like myself, are generally not interested in role playing, but really enjoy abnormal stuff like orcs.

shadowclan.org

That's a good website for orcish roleplaying... There are a couple other good orc clans that have websites though I have not recently dug them up.

In the end, if you're not up for leading there is no harm in joining pre-established groups... It's less work for yourself, especially in a game as old as this one.... There are not a lot of players, and most of the vets already know what they want out of the game; recruiting could be difficult *shrug*.

Best of luck.

~ Solikos

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came up with the idea of a bounty hunter guild, that focuses on pirate/criminal hunting. It seems appropriate seeing that Klik's people are always fighting pirates.
Da question jus' is, who'll be da hunter and who da hunted?
Har har!

D

D'Amavir

A good RP bounty hunter guild would be a welcomed sight. Actually, just about any good RP guild would be a welcomed sight on Cats. There are a few but not nearly as many as on a few other servers.

Don't know much about your crab people but if it works for you then it works for you. The only problem is that if you specialize too much you will limit the amount of people that you can recruit. How many people would want to play a crab person, for example? Not saying throw the doors open to just anyone. Just consider how your guild concept may or may not impact your options.

Good luck though.

Z

Zug_Zug

I've taken part in Orc clans in the past and am about to join another (on siege)... They are interesting and a wealth of knowledge and hard work has already been done for you. Once you have your guild setup I'd post it here in a couple of the sections... Then advertise it as much as you can on the server you play on... Hang out around highly populated areas and ask for interested role players and mention orcs... Some people, like myself, are generally not interested in role playing, but really enjoy abnormal stuff like orcs.

shadowclan.org

That's a good website for orcish roleplaying... There are a couple other good orc clans that have websites though I have not recently dug them up.

In the end, if you're not up for leading there is no harm in joining pre-established groups... It's less work for yourself, especially in a game as old as this one.... There are not a lot of players, and most of the vets already know what they want out of the game; recruiting could be difficult *shrug*.

Best of luck.

~ Solikos
I'm also soon going to be joining Mo'gluk on Siege. That makes three.

har!