• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So... I quit my job today.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The *blank* finally hit the fan for me today. After 13 years of working for the same schmuck I just couldn't work even another day for him. I was even civil enough to not end on a sour note. No yelling, no screaming, no swearing, fighting, vandalism or any of that. Wait... 13 years and today is the 13th.. Not even going there.

So, now that I'm self employed...I can only wonder if I'll have more or less time to play UO. I'm either going to have more time to play, or I'll be pounding out more hours to make a buck.

Side note: I'm a painter/wallpaper hanger so I have to "beat the bushes" for work. I have a few leads that will keep me busy for a few days, maybe a month at best. But I'll have to start putting out my name where I live. Hopefully someone will hire me. Like I said, I have enough work to keep me busy for a bit. Wish me luck though.

(What a time for my computer to die) :sad3:

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are looking to pay someone to do some painting at our place but we are too far away my friend. Best of luck and congratulations on breaking free from a bad situation.

C

Corvak

Never underestimate word of mouth advertising :)

Our office needed painting this summer, and one of the receptionists had a brother who's a painter working with a friend. They got the job and are making a ton more than if it had been residential.