• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So I hear all you Texans are getting snow Friday...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Does that mean you'll be spending more time playing tonight, with tose of us outside the state?

They're even forecasting snow for Houston....

S

SLACK

Doesn't look like we are getting any here in North Texas. Hope not anyhow
because I plan on riding my motorcycle to work!:mad:
It is in the 20's though.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard that some places around the west texas-eastern new mexico got like 3-6 inches of snow but I live about 60 miles from the state line and all we got was a trace,and some really cold temps.it was in the teens last night and is only 26 right now.

On a side note We did get a heavy snow on tues morning,it accumulated about 3 inches in an hours time,but we were too warm for it to stay.plus it rained for 2 hours after the snow and the snow all melted. :(

it is funny to see how stupid drivers really are around when we get snow and ice,idiots think since the speed limit says 55,that they can go 55 on ice and wind up hiting ditch or another car.

D

Dark Angel XXXX

LOL....Good ole Texas :)
I live around the Dallas Ft Worth area and so far today the sun keeps going in and out. It is a bit cold here though...Would love to see some snow so I can go out and play!!...
It snowed Tuesday am but it was not sticking...So hopefully later today it will just snow snow snow and stay on the ground a few days :)....
You are so right about the drivers.....Even if it is only pouring down rain and you can hardly see the car in front of you some drivers still think it is ok to go 80 miles an hour LOL....
As far as UO goes, I am having turkey withdrawls. I so loved killing those turkeys...Now when I log on it is like ok now what do I do :)....
Stay warm Texans and see you in the game....

S

SLACK

Better get your snow tires on.
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm mi amigo?????
:gee:
Believe me Tekkers, 90% of Texans would be dead in a few days if they lived where you do. Hmmmmmmmm...in theory that might not be an entirely bad thing...........

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well this morning at 7am it was 23 with freezing fog,and then around 1pm we had a small storm go over and dropped pea sized hail and then around 3pm it was 54 and had high winds(gust up to 73mph in the area) and blowing dirt.

went from freezing to choking in about 6 hours.

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when it comes to icey, snowy weather - it doesn't matter if you're in a state that has it all the time during winter cause ppl still drive like crazy, I remember when I started driving, took me a bit to catch on

-- but still that's no excuse for ppl that have been driving forever, then they wonder how they end up in the ditch or why they had an accident...

my mind switches gears while driving in winter, and i am always on the defense cause I never know how other ppl are driving... i try not to go anywhere if I can help it when the roads are bad, but somehow I manage to make it to work

S

SLACK

With the wind chill it's freakin 3 F!
I don't know how you Northern peeps do it every year.......

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe the wind chill hit -3 this morning.My newspaper looked like one of those rubber dog toy newspapers.

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gonna be -27 tonight and i spent 3 hours removing 3 feet of snow off my big driveway. 4-5 foot snow drifts in my yard and 30 mph winds lol. Welcome to Iowa

S

SLACK

Dude..... really................come to TEXAS.
we are warm.
we will accept you.
we will embrace you.
we will assimilate you.
we will find you a job at walmart.
we will be content as a vegetable.
:danceb:

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah seriously,ya'll come to texas.we have the best mexican food this side of the border and also the best beer in the world.Because once you have a bottle of shiner all other beer will taste like dog p%^.

S

SLACK

Sorry to disagree man but I don't even drink Shiner except for their heffweizen! :gee:
call me communist but I usually drink Fosters or St Pauli.
yeah seriously,ya'll come to texas.we have the best mexican food this side of the border and also the best beer in the world.Because once you have a bottle of shiner all other beer will taste like dog p%^.

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shiner sounds like quite the redneck beer LOL. Is that what you get if you drink to much?? A big ole shiner on the eye lol...

S

SLACK

Shiner sounds like quite the redneck beer LOL. Is that what you get if you drink to much?? A big ole shiner on the eye lol...
LOL! Aren't we quite the comedian!
Actually you are fairly close to teh mark because it is brewed in a lil' ol'
brewery in a little pissant town named (shockingly) Shiner Texas.
It's actually quite sought after in the surrounding states because it is only
shipped and sold in Texas. I don't much care for it but others seem to and
most bars even sell it for teh same price as imports!
Go figure.:pint: