• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So Hows Ultima and Lake Austin Doing These Days

KingX

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello i was just listening to my music the other day and what comes on but stones ever since then i havent been able to stop thinking about ultima online so what state is the game in now since i havent played in about a year? and how are yall doing?

J

Jackson

Man this post couldnt have come at a better time!
I too loaded up the ren disk to listen to the music, and I to have been thinking non stop if I should come back and play, or just keep playing Lotro.
I would love to come back, but I just know I will be let down, as I always want what was in the past and not what the game has now.
Im sure I will give in though and give it a try sooner or later.
Love the Forest_a.midi reminds me of when I would log into the game at my house and this music would be playing.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Publish 57 brought lots of activity to champ spawns, even the Ilshenar ones (typically there is a hunting group at at least one Ilshenar spawns 10-12 hours a day). The rewards for the champ spawns now include skill-raising scrolls & replicas of many of the insanely-duped event items.

Publish 58 is going to put a lot of limits on trial accounts, that will serve to stifle abuse by scripters - and will revert the Bag of Sending nerf, and a few other nerfs that were unsuccessful attempts to limit illegal activities (that typically hit only the legitimate players, not scripters).

In all, it's a great time to play. And, Stygian Abyss is getting closer (and will be available to 2D after all).

J

Jackson

Have a question about the resource gathering.
Are they going to be changing that back, or are they keeping it random?

I spent almost 3 months mapping out areas for each type of wood.
Then almost 3 months later they changed it to the random spawn.
That was a big let down after spending so much time finding the locations.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The jury's still out on that one. A lot of the miners don't mind the change (and a lot do), but nearly everyone hates the randomization's effect on lumberjacking.

The Devs are looking at the issue to see what they can do to help the normal crafter without rewarding the scripters, for the logging.

T

Tycolby

Hey welcome back Arwen will be surprized if you showed up!!!! HH is still there so log in some time

KingX

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh yes im at at the point where i need to make a decision between wow and uo so i mgith com back for a few months once my pay check comes in or not the jurys still out but its nice to know you are still out there and i see the game is improving, the event moderators are back among other things.

So we will see in a few weeks but at this point im hoping to come back.

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they are rolling back sending bags? nice.

S

StifledArgument

im at at the point where i need to make a decision between wow and uo
I am in the same boat. I have missed UO, and am sick of WoW. Sick of the timesink (where there is literally nothing you can do without spending a ton of time doing it), and the hamster wheel mentality.

When I came back last time (about 2008), LA was just dead though. I hope if I come back it is better. I have tried to get my guildies to come over here, but I think they were laughing at me for the suggestion :( If people just gave this game a chance....

C

Charlton

I recently returned after a looong haitus (played from when Renaissance was released to the week of the release of Samurai Empires) then spent my time in EQ, then EQ2 and on to WoW.

It was with WoW and the fishing there that got me reminescing and thinking about returning to UO...and the LA server in particular, since the community was so friendly and united back in the day.

Yes, sadly, it was shocking to return to LA after all this time with my time capsuled memories and seeing it the way it is now....but at the same time, and as someone in this forum mentioned, it's not all tragedy.

Back in the day it was impossible to find a housing spot, and even when I could get one I had to buy it off of another player and it was a simple cottage. One that I practically lived my entire UO life in, because there simply was not any other space available.

Little to say, that is no longer a problem. Another thing is that it is also a lot easier now to actually make a name for yourself or your store, if you enjoy the mechant/crafter experience. The competition isn't nearly as overwhelming or fierce, with plenty of wiggle room now to mark your spot, make your claim, and make a name for yourself.

Sure I miss the "good ol' days" but a lot of it wasn't so good or golden to new players in a crowded game with long established competitors. Now it's an open playing field now.

So the way I look at it now, remember the olden days, honor the memories of those who are no longer with us, and reforge the destiny you imagined in yourself. The potential now is near limitless, yet with enough of the old veterans around to keep up the reputation of LA being a very player friendly shard.

KingX

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[So i have decided WoW lost out and im most likly coming back to UO now i just have to decide if i should wipe all my characters and rebuild them. Or play along with what i left off

Anyways so when i make it back hope you guys are ready for me to trade what ever i got left for some newer stuff :)

Happy Hunting

KingX

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well ill Be Back Some Time Friday. Hoping to get a couple of freinds of mine that used to play here too come back then too if i can get a hold of them See ya all then:)

Ps. Sorry for the double post

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Welcome back. I would hold off on wiping your characters. Play with their skills instead. If you don't have soul stones that is one of the first things you will want to get or soul stone fragments. Most people will either be at the champ spawns or Luna. My guild TDA should be on and you are more than welcome to come hunt with us. Or look up UMP they also have hunts going. Let us know of anything you need to get started. Just ask and you will probably recieve :D These are my mains so feel free to say hi. I'll usually stop and talk.

Rowan WSUL, Lessa TDA, Mora CTTA Tamais, WSUL, NiKKA UMP

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not to mention your pals in MHC are willing to help too....