• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) so how's the new booster pack?

K

kalzaketh

how expensive, will the new weapons and ammunition, end up being? true it's only hours old, but the amount of people who longed for apirate expansion always seemed rather vocal, it's live now.:lol:

tirrag

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
greetings :) pretty cool so far. i bought the red-looking paint for my new Gargoyle ship and found out its really pink after applying :) manhood check... stingy bugger that i am i paid 6K for the paint so im sticking with it for a while :) ship itself was 200K and i believe the tokuno was around 150K. i cant drive the boat with the new mouse controls well for some reason so i resorted to the old commands. boat movement is definately smoother but still stutters at times. i still havent found the hold of the ship yet or the menu to set security, etc. i havent gotten into any of the quests yet as i had limited time and wanted to get some cannon built and on my vendors.

as for the armaments. ive seen them priced pretty high (IMO) in luna. upwards of 250K per cannon for both large and small. 1 cannon is more expensive than an entire ship... but i suppose folks will pay that. i have the smalls priced at 50K and ammo at 1K per shot in packs of 10. plan to sell the large for 100K and large ammo for the same as small. I'll see how the market pans out and adjust accordingly but i feel im fairly priced to make a decent profit and not feel like im dragging anyone through the mud while i do it. going to be mining for a while though. lots and lots of ingots to build those cannon... also going to work on crafting the rest of the things needed to fire the cannon (ie powder charge, fuse cord, etc).

E

eccentricjules

Boy do you open up a can of worms....

In my opinion, very little "instructions" came with this content.
First off, you can get boats easy, fish easy... but the cannons is the hard part. They require an ingredient called Saltpeter. Now, there is only one NPC vendor for this and he restocks (by my calculations) about every 40 minutes. You know darn good and well there are more players needing Saltpeter, than what he is selling.

Buying cannons and ammo is easy. I put some on a vendor for 50k/100k for cannons. Why? Mainly right now for decoration. Cannons and cannon balls can be crafted, very easily. But to fire a cannon you need,

Swab
Ramrod
Match
Fuse cord
ammo (cannonball or grapeshot)
and MOST IMPORTANT you need the Powder Charge

I got 1600 Saltpeter yesterday. It took THREE HOURS to craft all of the above. You need alchemy, blacksmithy, and tailoring mainly. GM alchemy is a must. We did some testing (myself, Summerwind, Scott) and found that heavy is going to be the way to go. Light didn't do enough damage. Heavy uses roughly 30 Saltpeter per shot plus another 6 or 7 for the fuse (used on both light and heavy). So basically uou need a LOT of Saltpeter to take down an enemy ship. Right now it's too hard to buy. Plus every morning it resets to 20 for sale. Then next it sells 40, etc. until evening when it sells 999 at a time.

Some notes;
  • You can say "start tracking" to find the 5 closest boats.
  • We found a ton of enemy ships by Jhelom. Not sure if they move everyday or not.
  • Don't throw away the fish you catch. Keep them in your bank, you will need them for quests!
  • If you decide to fight another ship keep a TON of cloth and wood in your ships hold, or you'll sink
  • If you don't have the ammo to fight, you may not want to place cannons. They just get in your way!

I'll post more of what I find as I think of it. I wish you all the best of luck. I;d like to try out the two new bosses soon!

I would like to find where to get a 120 fishing PS, nobody knows yet.

K

kalzaketh

many thanks ladylavender hope, that ea got the msg, to free up the saltpeter AKa potassium nitrate.

tirrag

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and i definately second the Saltpeter arguement. basically finding people camping next to the Alchemist non-stop. little chance to actually succeed in purchasing :(

E

eccentricjules

This issue has been resolved. You can now go to most docks and find Saltpeter for sale!

Thank you Dev team for hearing our cries!

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fishing is more interesting now. Many of the normal fish are way too heavy, 10 stones a pop.. you end up moving fish around constantly. .. And UO assist doesnt auto stack anymore it seems. :( I think they should let us fire these weighty fish out the cannons as other means of ammo!