• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So how do you make PvP trap boxes?

S

Stupid Miner

All the ones I craft never work...
Method: Trap, lock, give to other char

Anyone know how to get them to work?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trap
Lock
Cast Magic Unlock
Make sure its facing the right way :)

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trap
Lock
Cast Magic Unlock
Make sure its facing the right way :)
After you cast magic unlock recast magic lock on it. Still keeps it usable but makes it where the crate doesnt open up when you trigger it.

So steps:

1.) Have tinker with around 31-31 skill with a talisman with high tinkering bonus (increases success chance)

2.) Trap box, and then relock it with key.

3.) Cast magic unlock on it and then cast magic lock on it.

That's it. Been awhile since I've done this but I believe thats all the steps.

S

Stupid Miner

After you cast magic unlock recast magic lock on it. Still keeps it usable but makes it where the crate doesnt open up when you trigger it.

So steps:

1.) Have tinker with around 31-31 skill with a talisman with high tinkering bonus (increases success chance)

2.) Trap box, and then relock it with key.

3.) Cast magic unlock on it and then cast magic lock on it.

That's it. Been awhile since I've done this but I believe thats all the steps.
Ah, thanks!
Need to get this info on the site somewhere...

Oh and... randomly it seems when using the trap boxes, they stop working? Any idea why?

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heres how to make a trap box.

first get your gm carp to make a regular small box that is lockable.

then switch to your newbie tinker, 30+ skill.. (i dont remember the exact skill but you to have 1% chance to make the trap)
then you put on a tali that has 20+ tinkering.. now you have a 21% chance.

lock the box down in your house and secure it. think this direction \ and set a dart trap.. will take MANY tries.. if you dont do this your tinker will get a murder count if your box kills someone..

now here is the exploit part.. lock the box with the key.
use the deco tool to rotate the box.. then cast magic unlock on the box to unlock it.

unlock the box from the floor and it should be unlocked, but still set..
you box will have unlimited uses as long as its in the same direction.. think its this way /

if it doesnt work then the directions are switched.. sorry been awhile.

if you use the larger square boxes then it doesnt matter what way it is. just gotta rotate it one time.

O

OxAO

heres how to make a trap box.

first get your gm carp to make a regular small box that is lockable.

then switch to your newbie tinker, 30+ skill.. (i dont remember the exact skill but you to have 1% chance to make the trap)
then you put on a tali that has 20+ tinkering.. now you have a 21% chance.

lock the box down in your house and secure it. think this direction \ and set a dart trap.. will take MANY tries.. if you dont do this your tinker will get a murder count if your box kills someone..

now here is the exploit part.. lock the box with the key.
use the deco tool to rotate the box.. then cast magic unlock on the box to unlock it.

unlock the box from the floor and it should be unlocked, but still set..
you box will have unlimited uses as long as its in the same direction.. think its this way /

if it doesnt work then the directions are switched.. sorry been awhile.

if you use the larger square boxes then it doesnt matter what way it is. just gotta rotate it one time.

I tried doing this it doesn't seem to work.
I have done a number of things actually nothing seems to work

First it will not allow me to trap a box locked down or secured on the floor.
If I put it in a secured box I can trap it in the secured bag.

But my main problem seems to be after I arm the box and cast magic unlock it seems to unlock the box and disarm the trap.

The para energy fields is nuts even with 115 resistance.
I need the trapped box it seems... but I can't seem to make them.

I can not get this to work.. any suggestions?

O

OxAO

I tried using the large chest but they don't seem to work either.

M

mustafa

make wee crate thing with 30odd tinker set trap magic unlock then a trick is magic lock it again after this stops the box accually oppening on your screen but still sets trap off and remember box needs to face right way

i make t boxes to order alot so go for it ;) hope ya can do it

C

Capt.E

The direction it faces is important. I trap them on the ground, not in your pack. Then lock it with the key, discard the key, magic unlock, magic lock. It has to be facing the proper direction in your pack as well. I just made about 30 of them. Happy hunting.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The direction it faces is important. I trap them on the ground, not in your pack. Then lock it with the key, discard the key, magic unlock, magic lock. It has to be facing the proper direction in your pack as well. I just made about 30 of them. Happy hunting.
Which is the proper way to face the box? \ that way or / that way? And do you lock it down/secure it or not?
Thanks!

M

mustafa

Which is the proper way to face the box? \ that way or / that way? And do you lock it down/secure it or not?
Thanks!

do not lock down and they face / lol i think as i aint doign it right now i cant think

O

OxAO

Capt.E both you and mustafa are correct I was making the normal box not the crate and that seemed to be my problem.

I actually had a visitor from another shard come and help me at my house with this.
Thanks guys

A

Ashlen

The box needs to face east to west in your backpack.
I play in 2d so i dont know how this would work with
the new SA enhanced.

But when laying it in your backpack if you pick the box
up with it on your curser and take one step North and drop
the box it will fall laying east to west every time.
Then you dont have to keep trying to lay it on the ground
or in your pack to get it drop right.

Shadeweaver

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So it need to face east and west when you trap it on the ground, then put it in you back pack. Lock it, throw away the key and then magic unlock and your good to go???
That is what I gather from all the posts???

Shadeweaver

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
OK not working, do I trap it on the ground and then lock it with key, throw away the key. Then magic unlock while on the ground and then put in the guy using its backpack and it is supposed to work?? Making sure it is east to west when in your pack?

Shadeweaver

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Still not working, we need a step by step numbered and easy to understand. When to do unock, when do you lock with the key? I tried putting it on the ground east to west and then unlocking it, releasing it, then trapping it and then locking it to enable the trap and then unlocking it with magic unlock and then giving it to my char that needs it. Doesn't work.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the orientation of the crate does not matter when you make, trap, magic untrap the crate.
the only point in which it matters is when you want to actually use it.
i have 1 dedicated trap box maker on every shard and i usually make them 20 at a time.
then when i need to get one from supply i just pick it up and plop it in my backpack, if it lands in the wrong orientation then just drop it on the ground to the south, pick it back up and put it in your pack.
away you go.
also you want to get your skill as low as possible, so me personally i run 30 real and tali up (30 is the min skill).
you miss a little more but the pop of the box hits for like 1-3hp instead of more which in some circumstances could actually kill ya.
and dying to a trap box does not give the maker a count.
it hasn't been for about 20 years.
UOassist macros are perfect for doing this.
make a use last for the trap and target last then just hit the key until it takes, then move onto the next.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
the orientation of the crate does not matter when you make, trap, magic untrap the crate.
the only point in which it matters is when you want to actually use it.
i have 1 dedicated trap box maker on every shard and i usually make them 20 at a time.
then when i need to get one from supply i just pick it up and plop it in my backpack, if it lands in the wrong orientation then just drop it on the ground to the south, pick it back up and put it in your pack.
away you go.
also you want to get your skill as low as possible, so me personally i run 30 real and tali up (30 is the min skill).
you miss a little more but the pop of the box hits for like 1-3hp instead of more which in some circumstances could actually kill ya.
and dying to a trap box does not give the maker a count.
it hasn't been for about 20 years.
UOassist macros are perfect for doing this.
make a use last for the trap and target last then just hit the key until it takes, then move onto the next.
you do the same thing I do, every shard, but I only do 5 to 10 traps