So explain this to me...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2004
Awards
if I'm not here I'm there
Why do people break the TOS?
There are so many ways to express yourself, your dislike for something or someone that just rides the edge.
Underhanded complements, calling someone "sweety" when they know you don't like them...
Calling someone "kiddo" is my favorite mostly because it makes me want to spit nails when someone calls me that. My father used to call me that, my sister still does. They are the only ones allowed to.

Do people think they will get their point across to the dev team by calling them "morons"? Does it accomplish anything? Do you think that it makes you sound intelligent to other people or the people/person you are criticizing?

Isn't it a much better accomplishment to get away with a post that is so well worded that it doesn't break any of the TOS.

I know sometimes I took an infraction here or there thinking "it was worth it". But nowadays, your post gets moved so fast the person you are hating on never has a chance to see it.

Anyway, just a question. Maybe a challenge to the infraction getters. I know you aren't raging in real life.
The sign of a great board warrior is he (or she) who can post legibly, intelligently and doesn't break the TOS!

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 15, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Because they are lazy and do what is easiest. These days, between trash-talking while in VoIP in games...texting each other over their cell phones...interacting in school and/or work, most people get away with that behavior and won't stop just because one person or group doesn't like it. The violators feel it is the Freedom of Speech...and if you don't like it, you can you-know-what.

This is the results of people acting poorly on the Internet and trying to out-do each other at every opportunity...it is like a badge of honor.

Do good, follow the rules and you are a LOSER!

Break the rules, trash talk everyone, drop the f-word and s-word every other word in every sentence and you ARE RIGHTEOUS! HIGH-FIVE!

-(

TQQdles™

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 3, 2004
California
Why do people break the TOS?
There are so many ways to express yourself, your dislike for something or someone that just rides the edge.
Underhanded complements, calling someone "sweety" when they know you don't like them...
Calling someone "kiddo" is my favorite mostly because it makes me want to spit nails when someone calls me that. My father used to call me that, my sister still does. They are the only ones allowed to.

Do people think they will get their point across to the dev team by calling them "morons"? Does it accomplish anything? Do you think that it makes you sound intelligent to other people or the people/person you are criticizing?

Isn't it a much better accomplishment to get away with a post that is so well worded that it doesn't break any of the TOS.

I know sometimes I took an infraction here or there thinking "it was worth it". But nowadays, your post gets moved so fast the person you are hating on never has a chance to see it.

Anyway, just a question. Maybe a challenge to the infraction getters. I know you aren't raging in real life.
The sign of a great board warrior is he (or she) who can post legibly, intelligently and doesn't break the TOS!
Its true kiddo..

lol just playing sweetie.

sorry. heh

Yeah I agree. was perfect coming back with this thing called general chat. listening to the comments people make ... wow.

Kill yourself.. huge one i see these days .. that's just well crazy to me. in my line of work.. and having an ex guildmate actually do it.

always sets me back to see some people toss out stuff to people that is just crewl. Not all of us are well... stable. Not all of us can separate rl from uo.

People these days just seem heartless.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2004
Awards
if I'm not here I'm there
Yep those two are sharp. "Kill yourself" and "Die in a fire"
Really? Does someone effect your life so much that you would hope death upon them.
"Oh it's just smack talk Flutter"
Not to everyone my friends... some people log on UO to get away from their abusive horrible hard rough lives.
Many people log on in hope of finding a few laughs, smiles at least. Encouragement, self esteem.
No, UO isn't the professional help this person or that person might need, but they certainly don't need the horrible things I hear people saying.
I challenge people to stop these things. I bet your game gets better. I don't care who you are, if you are told you are for instance ugly every single day of your life you really start to believe it.
Self esteem is a delicate thing. I challenge everyone to kill 'em with kindness. Make them crazy in another way. Make them wonder why the F you are being so nice to them.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Oct 23, 2011
Perhaps on a steak, or a cheeseburger

All about trying to look cool.. you know. On a forum.. for a vidya game.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
My chair
Some people are born with no empathy which makes some people cold hearted, and uncaring. Couple members of my family have this they like the dog, but if she died they wouldn't care or shed a tear for her. Family passes away they do care, but never shed a tear it is like another normal day for them.
The kiddo, or sweety, When I see this I think ok this is a elder person so they get a pass because no matter what or how you feel bite your tongue show respect, because elder people are set it their ways. If they we're being real nasty whatever yes I will say something if I feel like it.
I don't care to be a board warrior I just post what I want I try to stay in the TOS not purposely break it, but I'm not someone who is going to cry when a post of mine gets removed it is what it is move on .

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008