• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So Draconi and Supreem

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I already fell for one of these types of schemes... you could say . My son bought me into the Alpha for EQ Landmark... This looks more promising.

Not much into shelling out 100's of bucks though for something like that.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Been wanting too...I stalk Tim's FB page for pics of his adorable son :) so I've been onto this game for awhile now. Looks really promising, hope it pans out for the two of them and the rest of the team.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm in too. Was in last time too, but hope this Kickstarter is a success. I think Shards looks very promising!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe just maybe.....really.. maybe broadsword should do a kickstarter for the next or a new expansion for UO...50k-100k should do it....surley.... the folks on here would suport it.....just a thought... a little one...if it meant an extra something in game for your support.... anything to breathe life into our game...

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe just maybe.....really.. maybe broadsword should do a kickstarter for the next or a new expansion for UO...50k-100k should do it....surley.... the folks on here would suport it.....just a thought... a little one...if it meant an extra something in game for your support.... anything to breathe life into our game...
I don't think it would meet its goal. Not many people are going to back a subscription based game.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I was in last time and I'm in this time (Gotta get my map and coin!). Having been in a few of the playtests already, the game plays REALLY well for the earliness of it and looks amazing.

It's not just Draconi and Supreem, but Logrus and Adida as well... and I THINK Vex/Phoenix should still be with them.

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game looks great...

Will this be available to play soon? I don't mean as a tester but for real....

Last edited:

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't it Draconi that introduced A Kingdom Reborn? That was his baby if I remember rightly and was an absolute debacle. A complete failure and ultimately cost him his job. I wouldn't back draconi to programme a tic-tac-toe clone

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I remember that it was Draconi who had the idea to code a town that could be destroyed, and I remember the Magincia-Event as one of the most interesting and rewarding scenarios I ever did in any game (especially in Fel o_O). Also the Blackrock-Stuff etc. was at least mainly influenced by him. Maybe others remember more or better, but he definately had *five star ideas* concerning uo...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't it Draconi that introduced A Kingdom Reborn? That was his baby if I remember rightly and was an absolute debacle. A complete failure and ultimately cost him his job. I wouldn't back draconi to programme a tic-tac-toe clone
Was KR's failure really a coding issue? IMO it was much more a presentation issue. The graphics were not good. It always had more/better functionality. I think there were some bugs, but that's gonna happen.

Also, I am sure I am not the only one who has played Shards in this thread, so I doubt I would be alone in saying the pre-alpha build (or whatever) that was open for a weekend looked very nice, and seemed very very playable for something that early on. Obviously it can only get better from there.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Despite my misgivings about Draconi, having just watched the kickstarter video I have to say it does look damn good. I may have to back this with a pledge :-/

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmm, nope! Although I certainly was on the team as a more junior member.

Later I became the Live Team Lead (Inu, Maginicia, etc) and then Lead on Stygian Abyss though which we had a ton of fun working on, including the new Beta client. I ended up leaving for boring (and predictable!) personal reasons and EA was incredibly good to me when I decided to move on.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Also wasn't the KR client instrumental in the EC? Which everyone fawns over? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's how it went :)

And I think leaving to have a baby is acceptable....btw Tim your son is THE CUTEST and a total mini-me omg.

Good to see you guys still lurkin about and doing awesome things, if I were rich I'd pledge right now...game looks AMAZING!

Keep on keepin on

~L

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also wasn't the KR client instrumental in the EC? Which everyone fawns over? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's how it went :)
Everyone fawns over the EC? A large portion of the player base absolutely hate it to this day. But thats an argument for a different thread.

Reactions: Lug

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Turns out I may not have remembered rightly at all and it was a different dev responsible for the KR abomination (whom I won't name .... one defamation of character a day is more than enough). In which case I do of course owe Draconi an apology. Hope your reputation is now restored.

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Pokes head in* Hey everyone!
I love this thread... Nice to see you guys are still around :)... SO, when can we expect the full blown version of this game to go live?

From what I've seen so far, I have absolutely no problem what-so-ever giving these guys a monthly sub (should it be pay-to-play), if it means keeping a solid Dev crew like this lot working on it, improving, adding new content etc...

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will admit that I completely stole the name, er, I mean, paid homage to our Petra here :p

That, and the name works really well for the mythos in Shards!
Love this idea... How kool is that having a town named after your character! God bless our Petra... Maybe she will pop in and say hi? :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I may have to take a closer look at it :p I love the idea of building shards.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And the irony is she named her character after a town. Petra is a town in Jordan dating back to the 5th century.
Actually her character is not named after a town...she likes puns...her full name is Petra Fyde....get it? All her character names are like that :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you want to point a stick and say something was done by Draconi then there is no other more memorable act than the one he did to burn so many a traitors home to the ground...

One of the best things ever done IMO by a DEV and a Producer... but to destroy those who are causing harm to our game. He left many a burning effigy upon the grounds of the lands... from one shard to another.

For that he earned my respect and admiration.

And Styngian Abyss is one of THE best additions to UO ever.

As for KR while the art was incredibly Fugly the actual client was awesome.

As far as the Magincia event goes was good and bad. I do greatly miss the old Magincia and would prefer to have it over the trailerpark we have there now. But the event was fun for the most part. Though tough if you are a good person.

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nose to the grind stone on Shards Online with occasional pop ups for air, or to lurk on stratics.

Figured I drop by this thread and say hi as well.
We miss you guys on the boards and around Sosaria... Broadsword + Citadel = UO2 - maybe? :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't get alot of time to make it into Sosaria, but I do stay somewhat active on the boards. Trying to share the knowledge and all :)
Hats off to you Logrus. I think it's great that you are still active on these boards and help people out with your extensive UO knowledge even though you are working on a new game. Best of luck with Shards and thanks for everything you have done for UO.

*tips hat*

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hats off to you Logrus. I think it's great that you are still active on these boards and help people out with your extensive UO knowledge even though you are working on a new game. Best of luck with Shards and thanks for everything you have done for UO.

*tips hat*
Amen to that DJAD! So nice to see these guys still pitching in and helping out for a game long since their passing - and we all thank you sincerely for that and what you brought to Sosaria over the years... Shards DOES look very good mind, and I will most certainly give it a try! Could never leave UO entirely for another game though, unless it's UO2 :)

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And of course while we are praising and showing our appreciation for Dev's of UO, lets not forget our current ones who, IMHO, have done an amazing job with the new content, halloween, loot upgrades etc etc etc, the list could go on and on..

Thanks guys... Your hard work and continued dedication to bringing us the game we all love is very much appreciated :)