• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

so 820 skill point cap thoughts?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In todays UO I think it should be capped at 1080 real skill. That's 9 skills and can make PvP battles better and PvM so much better.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In todays UO I think it should be capped at 1080 real skill. That's 9 skills and can make PvP battles better and PvM so much better.
The game was originally designed for 7 maxed skills, 9 would be a bit unbalancing I suspect.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Originally yes 7 x 100

In today UO it should move up 9 x 120

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Good that they dont do it.
I would go further and cap at 780 (inuded items) hard
6x120 plus 1*60 sounds enough to make a good template.
Also they gave us 7 slots per account...

Everything more is too much

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
With the jewels and other artifacts that have modified skills today, it's very easy to add 40-80 skill points on top of your natural 720 skills. Increasing the natural skill cap by 100+ points all at once would be too much of dramatic shift. If this delicate system were to be changed at all, it should be done in small increments of 5 to 10 points at a time over several months.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 820 on a character now and could go 840 if I wanted to. Sure it is fun but there are sacrifices to be made as well.........The most enjoyment is actually building the template suit etc

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am running 862 skill points on my Disco/Peace/Tamer (What template(s) are you running?).
Funny thing is... my 720 points mace/chiv/bush/healing dexxer is way, WAY better at killing and surviving stuff than that bard/tamer.
But still, it is a very fun template to run.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my 860 is a peace/tamer treasure hunter
my 820 is a super mage
120 eval, magery, myst, spell weav, SS
100 neco

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here's another comment I had thinking about this topic:

My main account has 7 full toons, here is the brief summary:

Mystic Mage Weaver - approx. 800-810 points with jewels and artifacts
Mystic Bard - approx. 840 points with jewels and artifacts
Sampire - approx. 760 points with jewels and artifacts
Wraith Paladin Archer - Approx. 780 points with jewels and artifacts
Stealth Archer - Approx. 760 points with jewels and artifacts
Mage Tamer - Approx. 790 points with jewels and artifacts
Paladin Macer - Approx. 800 points with jewels and artifacts (also - my least used toon)

If we boosted to 1000+ natural skill cap, half those toons would be obsolete. I would be able to just throw stealth and hiding on my wraith archer and would have no need for the separate toon. I could throw some extra dexxer skills on my sampire and completely forget about my pally. I could probably add some bard skills to my Mystic Mage Weaver and forget about the other bard, or maybe add necro and SS and just have a completely dominant all around spell caster. And that's before considering that I could add jewels for even more skill points.

It would take the fun out of having to create specifically crafted templates and everyone's templates would begin to blend in and look the same even more than they do now. It would give players too much power to be able to solo various aspects of the game and further take away from having a community multi-player component. Just about everyone would have a reasonable shot of creating a toon that could solo the Roof. Sure, based on the example above, it would free up a few character slots for me to maybe make a T-Mapper or Crafter, but I have a second account for that.