• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Snazzy New Ultima Auctions Update Thread

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Updates:

Most Viewed Items: Styling issue appears to be sorted... all spaced out and in a good order :D

Newest members: I have to manually put in everyone's register date so that might take a while. there is only one person who's date will be a day out. but apart from that the newest members works. Still waiting on a code to make it link to the users profile.

Profiles: When you look at someone's profile it shows the registration date as "Jan 01 1970" I am looking to fix this but you can still see when they last logged in correctly :)

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Profiles: Dates will show the correct registration date once I have manually imputed everyone's dates (might take some time!)

Issue with Searching in a category There was an issue when searching form a selected shard in the drop down menu. It is now fixed :D

Should be the last update today!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Recently Active & Newest members: Finally got help and got the links to show for the user mentioned however for some reason I cannot get it to show more than 1, I intend to show 3 of each list.

Registration Dates: I am still manually putting them in!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Recently Active & Newest members: FINALLY got more than one to show and links to user profiles properly!! with a lot of thanks to the guys who are coders on the software's forum!! :D

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hey folks 2 people have reported that when using firefox or IE that you can only see the header of Ultima Auctions.. i have check Fire fox and don't have an issue! if anyone else has this problem please let me know and I will be checking into this issue :)

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Okay folks panic over! someone... I aint naming any names.... might of... could of.... possibly deleted a TPL file that controlled the pages that were having problems... This is just one possibility... not saying that IS what happened...

BUT it is fixed now!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So.. we are at 191 registered users as of 27th March 2012 16.26 GMT.. When we hit 200 registered users I will stop proxy bidding and put on a series of special auctions!

Some of the items you will see available will be...

• Gold checks ranging from 1-5m
  • Race change tokens
  • Vollem in Crystals
  • Full SA promo Code: 3 x race changes, 3 x SA statue tokens and 1 x Vollem in Crystal.
I might even add some shard specific auctions!

They will all be 24 - 48 hour auctions and bids will be 1gp-1000gp a bid with no reserve!

So 9 more users and we can get these special auctions on the go!

So tell all your friends to Register With Ultima Auctions! The more the merrier!

:D

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I had to remove the "Sell from this category" button for the time being until i canfix something on it :D

will try get it back asap!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Baruk_S our friendly neighbour hood You Tuber has made the first of a few 'How-To' Videos for Ultima Auctions. the first video he describes how to add an avatar picture to your profile. There are more to come and if you have any requests please just ask! :)

You can find the How-To's Section here.

Thank you Baruk for your help! Check out his other UO videos here Baruk_S Videos.

B

babykittens

If you don't have any gold, where is the best place to buy and sell accounts nowadays? I see eBay is gone.

B

babykittens

Lame. That used to be one of the coolest things about UO - the free marketplace on eBay. If you didn't have the time to play, you could always pay others.

So, they must have got rid of the $25 account transfer service too.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Lame. That used to be one of the coolest things about UO - the free marketplace on eBay. If you didn't have the time to play, you could always pay others.

So, they must have got rid of the $25 account transfer service too.
Yes I cannot remember the dates but at the end of last year they migrated to a new billing system and stopped the transfer service.. No word if it is coming back :)

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
  • Moved the Feedback section into the side bar under "Information"
  • Added "The Wanted board" into the top menu to be used for people to post items that they would like to buy. Please always include which shard you intend to buy the things you want and contact details.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Okay folks the host is undergoing some maintenance/migration. of some description.

Ultima Auctions will be back in a few hours. Sorry for this!

EDIT: never mind it seems to be back now! DOH!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UPDATE!!

• You can now only contact someone if you are logged in.

Please note you can still view someone's profile and so viewing icq numbers etc is still possible. I am looking to change this to help protect against spam. The above updates relates to using the internal mail system.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
When you look at someone's profile it now says "Take a look at my goods" in stead of "View Active Auctions! I thought this was more in keeping with UO :)

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yes that is right Ultima Auctions is going Multi Lingual thanks to Google!!

Come check it out!

You can find it in the Nav Bar Section here

If you click on the drop down menu you can select which language you would like to use.

If there is a language you would like added let me know and I will see if it is possible

Hope you like it! thank you :)

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Few Updates!

• Google Translation widget Moved to the bottom to stop the page shifting when it loads
  • Added some Scrolling text which will for now act as a news bulletin for fansites
  • Fixed an issue with searches not using descriptions to find auctions
Also if you get a chance come and vote on our latest poll about Ads & Fansites you can find it here Poll - Ads on fansites & Ultima Auctions Ads in the Future - Ultima Online Forums

Thank you :)

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hey everyone!
It has been a while Since I updated this thread!
I want to let you all know Ultima Auctions is still going! with 234 registered users! The only thing we need is for more auctions! Remember when you post an auction it will post on to UOforums, the Ultima Auctions Twitter and Facebook & you can post links to it on the UO Stratics Trade forums!
Ultima Auctions is free to use! and ad free when you register and log in!
Not only that it can be a fun way to get rid of some items clogging up your UO homes!

I have recently added a "Fansite Nav Bar" at the top of the page which has links to Official Fansites, other useful sites, EM sites & in the spirit of the new Ask & Answer feature you can also submit a question using the "Ask The Devs" Tab any questions submitted will be collected and sent to our Community Liaison!

Anyway go check it out @ Ultima-auctions.com and any suggestions or ideas anyone has please let me know! :D

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Okay bit dramatic but! I think I have fixed the ask the dev part of the Fansite Nav bar! So if you are on Ultima-auctions.com or Ultima-gallery.com you can submit questions using the tab that says "Ask the Devs" I plan to change the name when I think of something catchy. But until then you need to put in your Character name preferably the one your most known by or known as on any forums, The shard you play this can be You don't play any please do not put in the name of a free shard there is a slot for your email address although it is not required & of course space for your question there is 1000 character available for that space I believe. Spam is not accepted and will be filtered out.

Anyway hope you guys like the bar it contains all active official fansites and a bunch of other useful sites. IF something is not listed and you think it should please let me know and I can look at adding it in :)

Also please be aware that the ask the dev tab is not to submit idea's to myself.. please do that via Here, PM or ICQ 266197618.

Thank you everyone!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hey everyone! Ultima Auction is still around I want to see more use from it! Why you ask?....

-Supports multiple languages through Google Translate
-Fun way to sell your goods
-Can find a bargain
-Feedback system
-Free to use
-Maintained by active member of the UO COmmunity
-Advert Free when you log in/register
-Save time selling in game
-Auto Relist
-Upload images
-Your Auction is posted via RSS to UOForums, Twitter & Facebook
-You can link to your auctions via UO Stratics Forums
-Official Fansite

It also has a navigation bar that has a link to official fansites & lots of other useful sites for Ultima!

I am also working with someone to try and improve the functionality of Ultima Auctions! So any suggestions please let me know and we can see what we can do :D

Thanks everyone!

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hey everyone,

I have started updating the Navigation bar with extra links for fansites things like their Twitter or facebook page. I added a header for my own sites and on there I will add various useful quick links to parts of both Ultima Auctions and Ultima Gallery, but I have still to finish that.

Ultima Auctions has had its Christmas skin put on... I know its a little early but A: I am excited already & B: I had to get Cheeseplant to make it work.
I will be adding a Christmas Banner to Ultima Gallery soon. Both sites have falling snow as where I am winter starts early.

There are just 5 days until submissions will be accepted for the Christmas Art Contest and your chance to win a signed Virtue card! Please check it out here.

I just finished adding Ultima Online Cover Art for the various expansions, boosters & releases of Ultima Online so please check them out!

Lastly I will be going through different shards and adding items for 1gp no reserve on Ultima Auctions please keep a close eye on new auctions you might grab yourself a bargain!!

Anyway thanks everyone & for all the people who celebrate it

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Rupert Avery

Last edited: