• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Smithing: Did all my dreams come true??

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, Due to real life getting in the way I have not logged in in a while, Until last night! first thing i see in chat is a fel keep for sale, I go take a loot and its one I have passed while mining a million times and though... I would love that place! bought it!

OK now for the real thing! I have always hated not beoing able to use much other than leather / woodland for making suits... when filling some iron bods las niight I had to do a double take on the resists! Did they FINALLY give metal armour a rework in terms of resist!!! if so this is amazing!

It might just be that I have not looked at the restst of the pieces for so long that they seem hihk but I am pretty sure I am not mistaken! Can anyone confirm??

many many thanks,
Loken

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think they have altered the resists for a long time, but there is an armour revamp in the works and they are trying to make metal armour useful again.

Where is your Fel keep? Just interested.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Like hen said the rework is on TC right now and none of the changes are final as of yet

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think they have altered the resists for a long time, but there is an armour revamp in the works and they are trying to make metal armour useful again.

Where is your Fel keep? Just interested.
hi man, keep is west of minoc mate, near woods and nice mining spot

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, Due to real life getting in the way I have not logged in in a while, Until last night! first thing i see in chat is a fel keep for sale, I go take a loot and its one I have passed while mining a million times and though... I would love that place! bought it!

OK now for the real thing! I have always hated not beoing able to use much other than leather / woodland for making suits... when filling some iron bods las niight I had to do a double take on the resists! Did they FINALLY give metal armour a rework in terms of resist!!! if so this is amazing!

It might just be that I have not looked at the restst of the pieces for so long that they seem hihk but I am pretty sure I am not mistaken! Can anyone confirm??

many many thanks,
Loken
I donlt know if they have reworked resists anytime in the past several years for metal armor. However assuming they don't pull it *I doubt they will* But ingots did get an upgrade in the latest update to the newest publish on test center. :) http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-com-updated-publish-81-on-tc1.295967/ Post number 11 helps explain it more as well.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was a big help thank you, I am going to wait until I have done some messing around before I start any serious suit making but I can't wait to make my assassin a suit. Really looking forward to making something other than leather / woodland!