• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Smith Related questions from Tonight's Hall of Commons

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
[19:28] <Elm> *Sir_Guildies* I was hoping to pose the question of since there will be major changes to fletching in the next publish can we expect simuler enhancements to other weapon types?
[19:29] <Leurocian> We have a lot of crafting changes slated for this coming publish
[19:30] <Leurocian> Some of the ML crafting recipes were fixed for runics, and didn't just include fletching
[19:30] <Leurocian> So you should see fixes to more than just the fletching recipes this publish.
[19:31] <Leurocian> There was an issue with some recipes not properly stacking their bonuses. Most if not all of these issues should be corrected in this publish

[19:41] <Elm> *Basara* A followup to the other person's crafting question - any chance we could see metals do more than just shift damage percentiles around on weapons (or their other minor bonuses) for smiths and tinkers, any time soon?
[19:42] <Leurocian> That's a interesting thought. Before we made any extensive changes to the crafting system, we wanted to fix some immediate core issues and bugs.
[19:42] <Leurocian> We have done that for this publish.
[19:42] <Leurocian> While I can't promise when the next crafting update will be, the next logical step would be to have a focus player forum and discuss issues such as this with all of you.
[19:43] <Leurocian> When we get to that point, Jeremy will let you all know, and we can go from there
[19:43] <Leurocian> Some of the stuff I'd personally like to see addressed is making metal armor useful as well as dragon armor
[19:43] <Leurocian> Shields probably need to be reviewd and as you mentioned metal weapons as well
[19:44] <Leurocian> So lots of good stuff to discuss and work out with all of you. Stay tuned

[19:48] <Elm> *Ktorr* Any thoughts of adding new Smithing and Tailoring BOD rewards, or changing over to a point system?
[19:49] <Leurocian> This is something we would also consider in the context of a crafting enhancement update. BODs would most likely be included for that.

[19:48] <Elm> *Ktorr* Any thoughts of adding new Smithing and Tailoring BOD rewards, or changing over to a point system?
[19:49] <Leurocian> This is something we would also consider in the context of a crafting enhancement update. BODs would most likely be included for that.

[20:02] <Elm> *ghyde* why do we still have weapons that spawn with obsolete or next-to-uesless properties, like "air elemental slayer" - it's not like an air elemental is that difficult to kill anymore!
[20:03] <Leurocian> Good question. I personally loathe the snow elemental slayer property whenever I get that in game. I do know that Draconi and the live team have talked about a Monster Balance / Loot pass. I don't know immediately when that will happen. However, I will make a note to pass on some item properties may need to be reevaluated when we do such a balance pass.

[20:05] <Elm> *Ktorr* For us learning impaired, what causes a resource field to change? Say Ore zones. Does the zone need to be worked, or is there a chance it will change when it is "refreshed" without it even being touched?
[20:05] <Jeremy_EAMythic> That is a fabulous question, but one I don't want to tackle without both Leurocian and the code in front of me. Look for an answer Friday!
[20:06] <Leurocian> Jeremy, remind me, and we'll take a look at it

G

<blockquote><hr>

[20:02] &lt;Elm&gt; *ghyde* why do we still have weapons that spawn with obsolete or next-to-uesless properties, like "air elemental slayer" - it's not like an air elemental is that difficult to kill anymore!
[20:03] &lt;Leurocian&gt; Good question. I personally loathe the snow elemental slayer property whenever I get that in game. I do know that Draconi and the live team have talked about a Monster Balance / Loot pass. I don't know immediately when that will happen. However, I will make a note to pass on some item properties may need to be reevaluated when we do such a balance pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes I would Like my sword of chicken choking made into a Demon Slayer please.