• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Small Rant

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Don't worried, I did not feel insulted at all. Lets stop speaking about me :p
The most amazing thing is everyone that it was not directed at feels it was them :) When I clearly said no names. then the ones it is not even directed at try to insult me but end up making me laugh.

Good ole Siege haha

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The whole point of this discussion is that the 2nd housing on SP did ***NOT*** bring in many new players, perhaps just a few. It FAILED, just like many other ideas.

So now we're back at square one, except this time, the shard is littered with empty dirt plots all over. Now we have to clean up a mess.

It's a simple fix. Make the 2nd houses have a refresh timer, say, 1-3 months login. That would destroy most these barren houses, good.

What's next? We need to figure out other methods to entice, AND KEEP, new players on the shard. Enticing people to come here is one challenge. Having them STAY is the most difficult challenge of all, especially with all the egotistical veterans around here, who resist change, and despite what they claim, are hindering the shard rather than helping. Think about this, if you VETS were right, if you had the good advice and ideas, then we wouldn't be having these problems in the first place.

So, automatically, you're wrong. New ideas, new people, new population is needed.

I support the new players and ideas.
This is one thing you will have problems with : Any of the ppl that stayed on SP and never left feel they are the end all and know all of SP...which as I said in a previous post is not correct. It is the big fish in a little pond syndrome. It is hard to change people like that.they have found their comfort zone , where they feel safe therefore resist change. For sure you have a hard row to hoe Sir.

Shy De' Lairesse
Cherish Firekiss

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Because 2-3 old players comes back and feel something need to changes, Devs should not just jump and changes it. It's about what is best for the shard and what the shard want, not what I or 2-3 returning players want. It also have to do with the resources the Devs do have to put in this. I think they used this resources well in the last 2 Publics instead of using all their resources on fixing something, that is not a issue right now.
Good to see, you two can hold in hand and agree that Freja is bad.

The saddest part Freja, after working on so many servers . many of the fixes are easy....It is just a matter of them not caring enough to fix it... ten years later SP still gets no love .

Siege has always been treated like the ******* child ...never first for anything and always last in line. Painful truth and now that I have read and answered all post I am going to get some sleep.

Have a great day Siege.

Shy De' Lairesse
Cherish Firekiss

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Spyder, you was not there. If I have to choose between having a little hard finding the right spot and have someone to play with, vs being on an empty shard with large free spots, I know what to choose. It's not like you can't place a house or even a keep if you keep eyes open.
Well... that sort assumes the change DID bring in a lo of players, but it didn't. Population seem pretty much the same as it was before the change. Sure there were a handful of people who wanted to play here but didn't because they refused to give up their prodo homes, but that number seems pretty tiny.

It's cool we gained a handful of good part timers, but really still seems like an extreme measure for such a small pop boost.

It still feels like a boost for prodo shard players more than a boost for siege players to me, which should not be surprising since sieg players are basically unimportant in the big picture (clearly), but still.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From a outside point of view that is NOT clouded in over-wrought emotions....she does not appear to have any agenda , you however seem to be "coloring her [point of view] with your emotions. In these kind of situations it is best not not let your feelings run away with you and your judgement, other wise you come off as "Hysterical " and then it looks like you have a axe to grind.to the outside observer.

Shy De' Lairesse
Cherish Firekiss.
I think she has no agenda but the good of the shard, that said I think she dramatically over estimates the positive effects that various changes will bring to siege, and in the light of such positive expectations (that are not met time and time again) she tends to ignore the potential negatives. I don't think she's alone in that mindset. I don't mean to bash her, I think she is one of the best most helpful members of our community, I just think she needs to temper her expectations against results from previous changes, very few of which ever helped greatly and occasionally hurt.

In this case of course, it's really not that important. It would only be important if the share were not fairly dead, at that time it could be a topic really worth getting into. OF course I highly doubt that time will ever come.

I would personally like to request a few things from people who come to our shard to place a house:

1) First and most essential (imo) Don't place a house you have no plans to use "just because". Remember you could potentially be taking a cherished spot from someone who actually plays the shard for no real reason. We can't move around shard and look all over for a house spot. This is ALL he land we have access to.
I haven't placed a house on any prodo shards for that very same reason, and I wish everyone would have the same attitude about it. It just really steams my beans seeing large empty dirt plots named "placed cause I could" (yes they do exist) owned by "chessy guy" or whatever. I mean... why?

2) If you plan on playing here even just one day a week, or a few days a month, we'd love to have you in our community, so please go ahead and place a house... just try and keep it on the smaller side. Not like only 7x7 or anything, just not max size. I think even a 9x14 has max storage. There are a lot of smaller clearing in he woods type spots near the yew gate, so you could place there without potentially blocking a regular from placing a large house. If you find you play here enough to justify a larger house, then that's cool.

3) If you really MUST place an 18x18 you will never step foot in again simply because you CAN, please... please, if you cannot manage to design a house on it, then put down grass (remember first floor tiles cost 0 gold!) and make it public so at very least new people can potentially use it to hunt/evade monsters if they pass by, rendering it of SOME possible use. It's simple courtesy and takes literally under a minute.

I don't think those are especially demanding requests personally.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was not directed at you, but feel free to behave in whatever manner you choose.
You really need to smoke a zoogie might help you calm down a little. BTW I don't need your permission for anything let alone behavior. If you were half as smart as you seem to think you are........... You would know better than to get in the middle if Freja and Apollyon when the latter is tossing barbs at Freja. Been my experience Freja can take care of herself just fine.

Don't worried, I did not feel insulted at all. Lets stop speaking about me :p
But its so much fun to talk about you p)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You really need to smoke a zoogie might help you calm down a little. BTW I don't need your permission for anything let alone behavior. If you were half as smart as you seem to think you are........... You would know better than to get in the middle if Freja and Apollyon when the latter is tossing barbs at Freja. Been my experience Freja can take care of herself just fine.

But its so much fun to talk about you p)
Firstly I never bragged about being smart. That is your assumption.

Secondly , just because he picks on a older women does not make it right. I do not know how you were brought up..( I can guess) but I was brought up to respect my elders..it is considered disrespectful to demean them,however if you are under the age of 15 then I can well understand the behavior.

Thirdly when someone is picking on someone and to not stand up for them makes you part of it by doing nothing to right the wrong. I refuse to be part of that acquiescence that has always gone on on SP.

Evil grows where good men do nothing.....

Insult away, like I said I am fine with it. People show you who they are threw their actions.

This topic seems to be less about the server than the right to mindlessly attack a older and cherished member of SP and make like it is acceptable and I am just not down with that.

I wonder if people behaved like they do behind the security of their PC irl would there not be a lot more broken noses. I do have to state this is a behavior very much particular to SP, I have not really seen this much on other servers.

I am laughing too as you know Freja, most American men seem to have no filter.....just no filter at all.
Shy De'Lairesse
Cherish Firekiss

Last edited:

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
*Mumbles about being called an older woman*
Shy it's ok, I don't mind a little board PvP :p *Show fangs in a big grin* I can handle it
I adore you Freja.....although our interactions have been relatively few....I fu&king adore you , esp for sticking it out with the likes of some. I also do not mind board pvp, some seem to excel in that least at the very least.

What I do mind is personal attacks...

Keep it game related and no problem , bring rl into it . Then I have a HUGE problem ,esp if it is against anyone like you. :heart:

All my love sincerly
Shy

Last edited:

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think Siege Players are a big part of the UO picture though. We use legacy tokens like currency here, and where do they have to come from? The origin store. We only get one character here, if we want more (and most all of us do) we have to get a whole nother account. Another account that has to be upgraded, that can't share soulstones and needs to have its own. I bet siege players buy more legacy tokens than all of the other shards combined. It'd be interesting to see the numbers for UO, it's income, and budget and all that

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think Siege Players are a big part of the UO picture though. We use legacy tokens like currency here, and where do they have to come from? The origin store. We only get one character here, if we want more (and most all of us do) we have to get a whole nother account. Another account that has to be upgraded, that can't share soulstones and needs to have its own. I bet siege players buy more legacy tokens than all of the other shards combined. It'd be interesting to see the numbers for UO, it's income, and budget and all that
Dear Spiffy,

I must plead ignorance , I am not even sure what the hell a "legacy token " is.

I do know about the two accounts that is why I have my red tamer account / and my mule crafter account. Cherish being the red and Shy De' Lairesse being my crafter account.

It would be great if you gave me a run down on what legacy tokens are.

Thank you,

Shy

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bottom line is that people were allowed a second house. It didn't matter that it was on Siege, people took advantage of it. Some stayed and the rest left their dirt plots or empty homes to become a stigma. Some Siege players also took advantage of the new rules and placed homes on prodo shads as the devs didn't think far enough ahead to block such an exploit.

So, we have people who believe their imaginary friends are going to return despite the fact they haven't returned since placing their homes. Then we have people who believe that all of the people who own the dirt plots are off to war (regardless that of the 11,000 still employed, probably 5 still play UO). And, we have people who believe that all the good stuff currently on the Test Center shards will invoke a mass exodus of players to crawl out of their real lives with an irresistible urge to play UO again.

Did I miss anything or have I pretty much covered all the bases for the argument against a 30 day timer?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dear Spiffy,

I must plead ignorance , I am not even sure what the hell a "legacy token " is.

I do know about the two accounts that is why I have my red tamer account / and my mule crafter account. Cherish being the red and Shy De' Lairesse being my crafter account.

It would be great if you gave me a run down on what legacy tokens are.

Thank you,

Shy
A Legacy Token will let you choose between a Green Soulstone, A Charger of the Fallen, and a Hooded Shroud of Shadows. if you read the whole description it says "and many others" just ignore that part, it only gives you the option to pick those 3.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As far as pancakes and crying, HA!

Trust me, it's not pancakes nor crying, just a simple discussion with some debating in it...la
Then please don't use these words directed towards others. Allow others the same ability to discuss without accusing them of this.

Respectfully,

AW

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
A Legacy Token will let you choose between a Green Soulstone, A Charger of the Fallen, and a Hooded Shroud of Shadows. if you read the whole description it says "and many others" just ignore that part, it only gives you the option to pick those 3.
Thank you for the information , I am sure your insight and knowledge was more in depth than googles would have been , also it is coming straight from someone that plays here.