• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slime Sightings?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slimes are on the move! Driven out of their dungeons by the dark forces corrupting the land, a special variety of slimes are making random appearances throughout the world for next few weeks after publish. Researchers have discovered that these specially hued slimes can dye artifacts and magically enhanced items! They tend to stay in an area for two days before moving to a new location and shifting their hue.

There are a total of 35 colors: 30 minor tokuno dyes, and 5 new hues.
If, in your travels, you should happen to cross paths with an oddly colored trail of slime and feel a particularly altruistic leaning towards your fellow sages and explorers of our lightly populated lands, I invite you to share the location of your discovery.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
al⋅tru⋅is⋅tic
1. unselfishly concerned for or devoted to the welfare of others.

( I thought it was a part of the Legends motto :) )

N

Natalie Black

Don't we need the publish first? We got the client, but I don't think it has been turned on.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, but I just wanted to get the thread up so people can hit the ground running when it does go out.

(hmm ... I probably should have mentioned that)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent an hour scouring mostly the sourthern/eastern part of the lost lands in addition to my normal meanderings. No sightings.

Not sure I'm looking forward to making that run each day - I wonder how many searchers could be recruited for daily patrols. It's a hard time of year to ask people to commit to doing something every day.

(given that the shards are being taken down for an unannounced publish, it's possible this event wasn't active yet)

V

Vyal

I can tell you I have searched Khaldun in fel, Dungeon Rock in ish, All the shrines of both fel and tram, CoD, Destard, Despise, Brit, Glow, Jhelom, Orc Cave, Zento, Tok Mines with the priests and the fire beetle, I could check out hyloth I suppose.

STILL noone has found it so maybe you could tell me where you looked maybe start a list or something I dunno..

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For anyone with a fetish for dark blue, spoiler below:
West Britain Fields near the pass - there are a collection of "acid slimes", one of which is labled "dark blue". They move very fast and are poisonous.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep

Also, if anyone needs help doing the quest to get the title "The Slime Hunter" let me know I can show you how. :)

L

LIL DON

Brit slimes are no more. I am going to search the world over............ ok i am back i didnt find anything yet.

Cripple H

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One jumped me by brit last night, but ran at dissapeared at the server line before I could kill it.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so we've had the slimes for two days in Exodus dungeon, is that right? they should be in a new location today?

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What all colors has everyone seen lately? So far all Ive ever seen is the blue and olive.. is that all there is ??

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
got all my tamers stuff a nice shade of brown, which is amazingly similar, if not exactly, like one of the choices on the leather tub :hahaha: but now her shield matches her outfit, so she's the cat's meow

or sumpin like that ;)

I'm not sure about this, but it seems to me that any ol' slime in that herd will dye things?

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah any of the slimes will dye things.. but I was wondering if anyone has seen any slimes that actually have color names like the blue and olive.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep, Arwen, sometimes they do..... I *think* it's in parenthesis after it's name...?

like........ Acid Slime [Dark Navy]

or something like that......... I'm easily confused:D

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So ... any sign of them today? I poked around exodus dungeon ... and lord blackthorn's place after getting my directions confused... without seeing them (I had a client crash right in front of a paragon juggernaught but miraculously Lord Tempest was still in one piece when I logged back in).

edit: there are prophetic whispers that the northwestern depths of Doom may well hold slimy secrets come the dawning of the Wednesday sun

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prophecy confirmed - it's a nice confined space, but the rotting corpses, mummies and wailing banshees aren't wild about people wandering around their lair. Same colors as usual.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
posted by shanshu on UHall:

And just so people know so they can cross them off, those locations are:

Hedge Maze
The Fields West of Britain - Sited on days 1 and 2
Chaos Shrine - Sited on days 5 and 6
Fire Dungeon
Exodus Dungeon - Sited on days 3 and 4
"Sosa Lars" (Sorcerers?)
"NEKURO man Sir arena" (Necromancers' Arena?)
Doom - Sited on days 7 and 8
Bushido Exercise Hall
Yomotsu Tunnel - Sited on days 9 and 10

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
death robes now available under Terort Skitas (in amongst the paragons)

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slimes are now in the Yomotsu mines with the fire beetles. The color finaly changed! Its deep forest green. Earlier this morning it was champaigne red, a really dark red but it changed before I could dye anything or take any screenies. Its been deep forest green for a few hours now.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
those slimes seem to be taking their poison a little more seriously - when they were in Brit farms they did a point of damage, now its a quick trip to ooOooo and not so easily cured.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah it usually takes me a few trys to cure it with arch cure. And orange petals dont work. :(

Does anyone know where they are today yet?

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slimes are now in a hidden dungeon in Ilsh Valor, kinda hard to explain how to get there but you have to be able to teleport to get into it.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a front door to that dungeon too ... although I wouldn't recommend it unless you collect grey robes.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If ye seek the the bitter slimes of hue,
Focus where honored swords aren't few

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
speaking of hues, unless they plan to keep this going for a very long time, we'll never see thirty-five of them :sad4:

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were in Bushido Dojo last night, dark blue, lt olive green, lt tan, champaign red, dark forrest green, as well as various shades of grey and tan. In other words, the exact same colors they have been with no additions or variations. I was really disappointed in our slime event, I expected more colors, and better colors.