• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slime dye-ing pictures!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I decided not to wait till the event was over even tho I have more stuff to dye, since this might give someone else an idea.

Lotsa deeds! Mostly pentagrams for tiling the floor, but also elven loveseats, arcane circles, forges and anvils in a variety of colors, parrot perches, 2 of each kind of bed, and then I did dartboards in that light grey to see if I could make wall clocks.

I didn't finish one of the bags, but anyways...mostly stealables in this batch. Of note is "map of the known world" one of the virtue dungeon drops, so yes those (including those ankh necklaces) are dyeable.

I dug up some tapestry of sosaria along with roses of trinny. Also found a pair of candleabra of souls. It's cool to have em in silver! Bloody bowl came out interesting, as did the brazier. Could do a few of those braziers then toss a barrel lid on top and make some round topped end tables, maybe. It might be offset. The hanging armor came out well, and I like the large tokuno painting in grey.

That's all for now. Happy dyeing! :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh wow! I have to go do more! I hadn't thought about the stealables.

I did manage this arcane circle and loom:

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, do the crafted items have to be in deed form? Can I make things like low tables or containers and dye them? I want to try this over the weekend. That is, if I can find the slimes on Siege. :yell:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you can dye other items, if they're made of special woods. Not sure you can't match most of the colours pretty close from a furni tub though. I know I dyed an elegant armoire to match my agapite pink bed with a normal furniture tub.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Petra! I just made a ton of deeded stuff- ornate and hardwood tables, beds, pentagrams, abbatoirs. I plan on doing anything thats deeded then heading out to conquer the slimes!

Any tips on getting close enough and targeting the darn things. I know they are fast and dismount.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did great when they were at Chaos and Doom with my stealth/ninja using shadow jump to get close to them, though they reveal a lot so I was casting invis a lot too. Probably could have used smoke bombs if I'd thought of it (can't you tell I'm not a pvp stealther!). Can't do that in the mine :( can't shadow jump or teleport in there.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dang, those stacked books look awful nice, don't they?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patty - just make sure that the deeded items are made from special wood and have never been placed before. Needs to be a brand new deed, however you can dye it more than once if you get the wrong color.

I was avoiding dying anything that I could do anyways with a furny tub, so you may want to skip out on regular furniture unless you find you can't quite match something else you've dyed.

F

Flora Green

Shoot! I had a ton of stealables that I turned in for Spring Cleaning. Overall I'm not a fan of the muted colors, but some of those items look very nice.

*goes on shopping spree*

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am worried if we're about to get nerfed on this. Draconi made a post that the swamp deeds that have been dyed with tokuno dyes will be reverted. I wonder if other deeds will be reverted too.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, the server had some stuff upgraded that affected other stuff, should be working now. :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New colours today, and Petra's bedroom on Europa gets a re-fit. Out with the dull agapite pink bed and in with the new

Champagne red (also vase, hanging lamp and picture)

http://imageshack.us

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealables on Siege...*shameless plug*....can be found at the new Malas Mall! *and they really cheap too!!*:)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I'm afraid not. Even in monochrome Dee can see there are no slime in the place Heidi found them on Europa.