• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slayer type of first target in Provoke?

D

drgmedia

I wanted to try my bard in doom but I am a little confused.

If I wanted to target a rotting corpse or lich lord (both undead) onto the dark father (demon), would I want an undead instrument? I know there is lolo's lute but I only have one and it is almost out of charges (and I can not find any others).

So what chances of success do I have when I use an Undead or Demon instrument?

The barding calculator is not working with slayer and exceptional nor do I know if the baselines are correct, does anyone know the correct answer?

C

controlfive

i just started a provo bard and i was wondering this as well. also, does anyone know about how much it helps to disco DF first before proving RCs and such on him? is it worth the 120 points?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when you are PROVOKING a monster onto another monster the cal goes off the monster you are PROVOKING onto the other.

make scence, no?
its the one your sending to kill the other.

so if your sending a Lich Lord to kill the DF then you would need a Undead.

if your pitting the DF against the spawn, then youd need a Demon.

i personally just use a GM one.
im cheap.

V

Vincia Eaglehorn

what POO is saying makes sense, but the barding success calc makes no different

when you provoke a lich lord on a paragon balron it doesnt matter if you use undead or demon slayer, when using the calc

i really dont know if this is true or obsolete, so i am using my slayer instruments the way poo told

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thats interesting if the calculator isnt making that distinction..... i should go have a look at that.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually ...
- slayer instruments should give a 20% bonus onto the fitting targets
- slayer instruments should give a 20% penalty(increased difficulty) to wrong targets
- exceptional instruments should give 10% bonus to all targets

Highest possible (known) barding difficulty is 160. The question to know is, if you are using the wrong slayer type instrument on a monster with already 160 barding difficult, does that raise its difficult or does it stay at 160?
That could make out the difference, when provoking an undead onto a DF.

With ToT 3 just gone, there should be several replenishing undead slayer flutes around. With the possibility to unravel most minor artys, ppl will go out hunt for those martys. But the marty instruments cannot be unraveled, so there could be some more up for sale in the near future.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well the calc must be wrong, cause you can provo a mummy or lich onto the DF 100% of the time, even at low level provo.

so it definatlly gets its numbers off the 1st critter you target.
not the second or the one you are inflicting the mod onto.

and as for using a opposite slayer against a 160 critter, you cant provo anything higher then a 160 barding diff.
and you can only do a 160 barding diff with a high end bard at that.
so i would assume that using a opposite slayer type would garuntee a fail.

what i do wonder is if you would get that 'your skill is not up to the task' message if you tryed that.

i doubt the guys that wrote the code thought that far in advance when the code was made.
so youd probablly just fail all the time.