• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] Slayer spellbook question...

waldodave

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I had a level 5 or 6 focus.
I was holding a Tome of Lost Knowledge which has 15% SDI and using WoD on Navrey, result 345 damage.
I dropped the ToLK and picked up a regular magery spellbook with Spider Slayer and used WoD on Navrey, result 300 damage.
I dropped the regular magery spellbook, left my hands empty and used WoD on Navrey, result 300 damage.

Should I be getting 2x-3x damage when I use a slayer?

What am I missing here?

Thanks, in advance.

C

Cloak&Dagger

How much SDI do you have in total?

It has been a fairly long time since I hunted with my SWer but maybe slayers don't have an affect on WoD.

Edit: did you try two different slayers? One spider one arachnid? I only ask because maybe it has something to do with the single/super slayer props not working correctly.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have found I do way more damage on WOD with just a basic scrappers {540+} than with a spider slayer normal book {400 range}. Now if you can get your hands on a spider or arachnid scrappers :D

waldodave

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡2003854 said:
How much SDI do you have in total?
With ToLK: 15%
W/O ToLK: 0%
(this toon is only about 5 days old, haven't completed all the items for the suit yet)

Cloak‡2003854 said:
did you try two different slayers?
One spider one arachnid?
nope, but I can (I think, I'll ask some guildies if I can barrow a spellbook for a few if I don't have one.)
I have been told that using a Mysticism slayer book would be better, although I cannot determine why.
I was also told that I needed to use a Spellweaving slayer book, but I don't think those exist. I got on my crafter and added 100 inscription from a soulstone, can't craft a spellweaving book. So.... IDK.

waldodave

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found I do way more damage on WOD with just a basic scrappers {540+} than with a spider slayer normal book {400 range}. Now if you can get your hands on a spider or arachnid scrappers :D
I have pulled 2 or 3 scrapper's recipes scrolls out of treasure chests and put them all on my vendor. Now that I need one, I'll never get another. *mutters about RNG and hating it too*

C

Cloak&Dagger

With ToLK: 15%
W/O ToLK: 0%
(this toon is only about 5 days old, haven't completed all the items for the suit yet)

nope, but I can (I think, I'll ask some guildies if I can barrow a spellbook for a few if I don't have one.)
I have been told that using a Mysticism slayer book would be better, although I cannot determine why.
I was also told that I needed to use a Spellweaving slayer book, but I don't think those exist. I got on my crafter and added 100 inscription from a soulstone, can't craft a spellweaving book. So.... IDK.
If spellweaving is affected by the slayer prop than it does not matter what kind of book you are holding, I am just wondering if it is even affected by it.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spellweaving along with necromancy are excempt from slayer properties. The key to getting big Word of Death numbers is Spell Damage Increase.

The suit obviously has horrid resist, but use wizards glasses, pendant, protector of the battle mage, midnight bracers, crystalline ring, the kelp leggings or spellwoven britches, and an invasion spellbook. The only sdi gloves are a set piece that I do not think is medable. Anyways this will get your SDI up very high and will allow you to hit large Wods. Reaper form will also add a slight bonus, but I don't suggest this for many situations.

Magery and Mysticism are given slayer bonus's for damage increase, 2x damage for super slayers (reptile, repond, etc.) and 3x damage for specific slayers (spider, dragon, etc.) Spellweaving has a cap of 4 faster casting and 6 recovery, this works as 2/6 in protection also. Magery, mysticism, and necromancy are capped at 2/6. Spellweaving is not capped at 2/6 with magery, this is a common misconception since it applies to everything else.

So no matter how sexy that scrappers is it won't increase the damage of WoD above 25%. IT will increase your flamestrikes and hailstorms however if it's a slayer.

I attached a picture of a 756 WoD against navery.. I'm sure you can do more but I thought it was a pretty nice number to hit. I think it's the best I ever did but I can't remember I just remember thinking that was a hell of a lot of damage.

Attachments

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OH also a very important thing to do is cast Arcane Empowerment before you begin to WOD. This gives you a large SDI bonus that stacks (no SDI cap in pvm). It will take a decent chunk of mana but it's well worth it.

*EDIT* I just remembered a few other SDI items.. the mana phase orbs, the rangers cloak and the 3dci/3hci/3sdi robe (cloak of death? not sure on name). Point is all those little 3s add up in the end for larger damage.

I also felt I should say that adding all that SDI will stack on top of a slayer for magery and myst spells. There is no SDI cap in pvm so you can do some massive damage with a full SDI suit.. just don't expect to survive too many hits.

waldodave

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the 3dci/3hci/3sdi robe (cloak of death? not sure on name).
This one?:
Cloak Of Death
Weight: 2 Stones
Hit Chance Increase 3%
Defense Chance Increase 3%
Spell Damage Increase 3%

Point is all those little 3s add up in the end for larger damage.
If I added correctly: 101%, plus arcane empowerment plus reaper form?

I also felt I should say that adding all that SDI will stack on top of a slayer for magery and myst spells. There is no SDI cap in pvm so you can do some massive damage with a full SDI suit.. just don't expect to survive too many hits.
Someone told me Navrey is vulnerable to fire, so I was casting (110 eval int & 110 magery) ebolts for 45, then I changed to fireball and was getting 38 (I think).
So, If I had 101% SDI plus a slayer and cast flamestrike? did she died?????

The suit obviously has horrid resist
wOOOUCHw !!! 43, 37, 31, 35, 31 (if I counted correctly, used Kelp legs not spellwoven)
I guess if you "joust" her and/or keep her busy with EVs or Rising Colussus or something, then invis until it's time for WoD.

Also, what about LRC, LMC, FC, FCR ? I didn't count all that up, but it doesn't look good
The only slot not used is the bracelet? or is that where the midnight bracers go?

C

Cloak&Dagger

Also, what about LRC, LMC, FC, FCR ? I didn't count all that up, but it doesn't look good
The only slot not used is the bracelet? or is that where the midnight bracers go?
LRC = Kelp leggings, bracelet, pendant, battle mage, gloves (use stitchers mittens might be best?)

LMC = pendant, bracelet, battle mage, talisman, book

fc/fcr = ....shield/bracelet? This one is more tricky, really depends on how much SDI you go for, as you could use orni and get 2/3.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It helps to know the element to use against each creature, so yes for example fire is a weakness of navery, so magic arrow, fireball, explosion, flamestike and meteorswarms are all good. The picture I posted, the dragon in it is mine so I had the "best" tank available allowing me to wear such a low resist suit. But Risings and EVs or what ever you need to do to keep things from hitting you is how you have to play the toon. You get attunment for a rough spot but it's not a pvp suit. I accidently clicked my own bar one time and my dragon killed me in one chomp. But thats the price of power I suppose.

This is the only time I say use the 1/2 chaos shield, I think it's sort of junky but it makes sense here. Orny for LRC,LMC, 2/3 then add on the shield for another 1/2 giving you 3/5 which is defenitly servicable. I guess I didn't have 4/6 on that guy, I don't remember now that is an older picture and that guy is now perma red. I pvp a lot so I don't typically cast only high end spells (flamestrikes etc), that is the main reason I need the recovery so high and I can't run protection. I'll spam fireballs more often then anything. There are two differnt invasion books that have 30SDI, one has lmc fcr dci and sdi, the other has mr lrc and sdi. Both are good and both can be used to address issues the suit may have.

You can easily adjust this suit, the SDI would drop obviously but you could get much better resistance. Assuming LRC is fine the pendant is a great example, it could possibly be replaced for a high resistance piece that is very similar, minus the sdi. Overall this most likely wouldn't bring your damage down much, but would get your resist up into a more comfortable range. This is all speculative, I don't know if you can get past that 30LRC. My goal was just to see how much damage I could do with what I had and that was the best I did so far.

The navery nighteyes is a mini peerless boss so you won't ever kill it in one hit, 2 hits, etc. It will take awhile but you will increase each spells damage significantly with SDI on your suit. Also a necromancer has a spell called corpse skin which will lower fire resistance by another -15, making a corpse skinned navery nighteyes take huge fire damage. Fireballs were hitting 130s I think.. It's been awhile I can't remember now. The problem with reaper form tho is you don't leech (not that navery has much mana anyways.) When I would do lady mel I would go wraith form, and even tho I had no SS for leech I could leech enough threw the WOD damage to continously WOD her until she died.

Using every SDI item in game isn't the best for a survivable suit, but it's fun to see a 200 damage fireball go off. I was told a long time ago that WOD capped at 666.. but that is obviously wrong.. what's the highest you guys are hitting?

C

Cloak&Dagger

Also on the fc/fcr issue, if you don't mind losing 5 SDI you could use the scrappers as it has 25sdi and would bring you to 4/6 (if you used everything icm suggested.)

I have heard of people saying they have gotten 100+sdi with close to all 70% in their suit, I am not sure what mods are involved in it though.

waldodave

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Similar area but slightly different question:

This toon is a gargoyle already have 120 imbuing (which is like eval int for a mage)
I'm trying to build a "real" suit, balanced with all the goodies, you know all 70s resists, as much SDI as I can get, 40 LMC, 100 LRC, as much MR as I can get, FC 2-4, FCR 6, any extras like HCI, DCI, STR, DEX, INT, MI, HP, plus I want as many skill point adds as I can get on.
So, I've been looking at some of the artifacts but I'm not sure if a gargoyle can wear all of these items:
Mark of Travesty
Melissa's Cloak
Crystalline Ring
Shroud of the Condemned
etc etc

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kasa of the Rajin - 12sdi
Cloak of Death - 3sdi
Ranger Cloak of Augmentation - 3sdi
Mana Phasing Orb -5sdi
Pendant of the Magi - 5sdi
Protector of the battle mage - 5sdi
Crystalline Ring - 20sdi
Bracelet - 12sdi
Invasion Spellbook - 30sdi
Inscription Bonus - 10sdi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grand total = 105%SDI

Full 70's, 100%lrc, 41lmc...etc etc etc

C

Cloak&Dagger

Similar area but slightly different question:

This toon is a gargoyle already have 120 imbuing (which is like eval int for a mage)
I'm trying to build a "real" suit, balanced with all the goodies, you know all 70s resists, as much SDI as I can get, 40 LMC, 100 LRC, as much MR as I can get, FC 2-4, FCR 6, any extras like HCI, DCI, STR, DEX, INT, MI, HP, plus I want as many skill point adds as I can get on.
So, I've been looking at some of the artifacts but I'm not sure if a gargoyle can wear all of these items:
Mark of Travesty
Melissa's Cloak
Crystalline Ring
Shroud of the Condemned
etc etc
Melissa's Cloak I think gargoyles can use (Might have to be altered?)
Crystalline Ring can be altered for sure.
The rest you listed I am not sure about.