• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slaughter in Fel (aka - pvp event)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aia

First off, let me apologize if there happened to be a news reporter at this event. I just started taking screen shots and it sort of snowballed from there.

“Hey! There’s going to be a 2 on 2 pvp event in 10 minutes!” Well hell. I was having a blast fighting MSI at Damwin, but I love pvp tournaments. What to do, what to do. Since we were in control of the spawn at that point in time, I decided to stay. But MSI had other plans, they came back in hard core and kicked us in the teeth. Screw it. Off to the event!

OK, it’s been a long time since I played on Atl, but I really should have expected what I saw at the bank. I patted myself on the back for bringing my stealther and not my mage.

Barra Linath the EM gated us to the location of the pvp tournament.

Ummm… where’s the pvp? *slaps forehead* What a silly question. If the EM wasn’t going to provide the pvp, the citizens of Fel would! …unfortunately for those not wearing a HOT or HEAT tag.

Eventually HOT/HEAT found no to kill. There were healers in the dungeon, but those dead figured they were better off dead, especially if they were in stat. A few tried to use the help stuck option to escape, but… it didn’t work. I learned a few new phrases that I’d get banned for if I repeated them here.

The big ugly spider was soon dead.

Once dead, we were gated to the center of the dungeon.

So much for hiding.

Barra Linath started talking to us. “I need everyone to stop and listen.”

Don’t worry Barra, just give HOT/HEAT a bit more time and everyone not in HOT/Heat will be dead.

They got the job done all right.

Once the death and destruction was over the EM tried to explain that “the idea of the event…

HOT/HEAT “seemed” to get a change of conscious and started to res some of the dead. A few were foolish enough to fall for this seemingly change of attitude.

Let the res kills begin!

Barra Linath response cracked me up.

It was time to send the kids to their room. Barra casted a gate to Brit Fel bank.

Fortunately the behavior of the blood thirsty pvp’ers did not put off Barra Linath.

For those who don’t understand the Fel mindset, here’s a quote that sums it up quite nicely. (Sorry, didn’t catch who said it.

N

Nh'bdy

Pretty much all of what I had, well done. Good coverage. No one even asked me the news. *sighs*

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to apologize on the behalf of HOT Guild if the event was canceled because of our actions. We are looking into what happened and will be taking action accordingly. I along with most council members was not online at the time of the event.

If anyone has additional screenshots which show names please either post them in this thread or send me links via private message. I especially want to see the makeup of the room the EM gated to.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to apologize on the behalf of HOT Guild if the event was canceled because of our actions. We are looking into what happened and will be taking action accordingly. I along with most council members was not online at the time of the event.

If anyone has additional screenshots which show names please either post them in this thread or send me links via private message. I especially want to see the makeup of the room the EM gated to.
Chewie
Dillenger
Jupiter of Zohar
Enyo
Dragkiris
That sick macer
Sissy Marie
Miss Not So Nice
Beowulf-

That's off the top of my head, no screen shots taken, sure there was more.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Next EM pvp Event: Meet @ (random location in fel) today 9pm. i'll have something awesome planed, you all do the rest.

A

Aia

lol. Get real you guys. ;) Anyone who has ever held a pvp tournament knows that the tournament must be held in a controled environment - or you get mass slaughter. This outcome was predictable.

Another predictable outcome, was the problem of stat loss. When one guild dominates, that makes getting to the tournament without going into stat loss almost impossible for those of us who are in an opposing faction. Once the tournament actually started, again stat loss would interfer.

I have to hand it to our EM for holding an event in Fel. We see few to no events in our land. I would imagine that trying to come up with an event that would catch the interest - and actually work - in Fel would be very difficult. Perhaps we could go to one of those meet and greet thingies and toss our EMs some ideas for events that might work in Fel?

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happened could be called predictable but it really should be called immature. No matter where the event is held people should have enough respect of our EM's time to play by the rules.

I have seen chaos reign at every single event hosted since the EM's started. Its stupid. What makes it even worse is it seems that Atlantic is the only shard who can't get their act together enough to participate in an event like grown adults.

I personally don't see the difference if an event is Fel or Tram based. We are for the most part all adults. Just because we play a game does not give anyone the right to make an a$$ out of themselves and their guild. Saying that this was in Fel so you can expect a riot or don't come here if you don't like it is nothing but a cop out. Grow up people. If you can't act like adults then go play a game made for children. Try Candyland.

M

Mairut

[sarcasm=]Perhaps they should have a fel event that is supposed to include players killing each other...:D[/sarcasm]

What happened could be called predictable but it really should be called immature. No matter where the event is held people should have enough respect of our EM's time to play by the rules.
Agreed.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uff and i was trying to make time for it ...heh would have been black and white coverage all the way :p

anyways thanks alot for the report ...great work on it.

hopefully thinks can get straightend out that the Events will run as planned by the EMs

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chewie
Dillenger
Jupiter of Zohar
Enyo
Dragkiris
That sick macer
Sissy Marie
Miss Not So Nice
Beowulf-

That's off the top of my head, no screen shots taken, sure there was more.
Your point is?

I recall several individuals in TB being present (alts not included.) Assigning blame is really senseless as far as factions go. (heck I was statted for helping a guildie even before going in...but that is just part of the game.)

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Point is EM asked for everyone to listen to his instructions and noone did.

In recent live events we have had some players who have been disruptive to the Event Moderators and other players. Going forward any player that disrupts an event will be asked to stop from the EM hosting the event. If the player continues to disrupt the event they will be removed from the area and a GM will be paged to handle the situation. Based on the GM’s investigation and findings, their account could be subject to punitive actions. If you would like to dispute such actions, you may click here and leave a detailed description.

Also:

To clarify this a little bit we do allow normal gameplay and Role Playing at the events. The things that disrupt events are things like but not limited to spamming spells and spamming text.

Plus JC asked for names that where in his Guild so he can talk to his mates. May be a better idea to Pm them to JC

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Point is EM asked for everyone to listen to his instructions and noone did.

Plus JC asked for names that where in his Guild so he can talk to his mates. May be a better idea to Pm them to JC
I dont agree with your assessment, there were those there not interested in making a mockery of things. I was the one who was *attempting* to rez those dead, and had no part in the rez killing. (meaning I didnt agree with it, and I wasnt rezzing people with the intent of seeing my guildies kill them.) I even asked my guildmates to stop in vent, but that was all I could do.

You cannot blame everyone with the same tag for the actions of a few.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rez killing is really weird. I could never imagine being considered a ****** for 6k.

as for the event being predictable. i guess. it seems like the poor kids in fel just dont get enough action. When they see another person in fel they cant keep the kryss in their pants. Events used to be held in Fel 100% of the time with little to no problems. Maybe as these things progress people will calm down.

E

EricksonYates

Being as I am on the outside looking in, I just want to point out that based on the history of Atlantic PvP...

To say "HOT is a bunch of jerks!" is pointless. Had it been LNR, CoW, whatever the heck the VIP! guys are calling themselves this week, with the overwhelming numbers, the results would have been the same. The HOT/HEAT guys did to them what they would have done to everyone else.

My point? Sounds like a pretty typical night in Fel to me.

C

Cloak&Dagger

I dont agree with your assessment, there were those there not interested in making a mockery of things. I was the one who was *attempting* to rez those dead, and had no part in the rez killing. (meaning I didnt agree with it, and I wasnt rezzing people with the intent of seeing my guildies kill them.) I even asked my guildmates to stop in vent, but that was all I could do.

You cannot blame everyone with the same tag for the actions of a few.
You are taking to all the "pointing fingers" wrongly, the names were posted because JC asked for them so he could handle it, so just because those names were mentioned does not mean everyone named is being blamed.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already know who in HOT was there. I was actually trying to find out how many enemy faction members were in the room at the time. I'm being told there were several but it appears that people are standing around. That is why I requested screenshots with all names showing.

E

Enyo123

There was about 4 True Brits
1 Shadowlord
1 Com

Tb:
Ingrown toenail
ecstacy
Big angry reason
Jim

Sl:
Vussago

Com:
Darktonian

Them are the ones i remember there maybe were more but thats off the top of my head:wall:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1265514 said:
You are taking to all the "pointing fingers" wrongly, the names were posted because JC asked for them so he could handle it, so just because those names were mentioned does not mean everyone named is being blamed.
I dont feel that I am, considering the HOT/HEAT guilds are under scrutiny for being the cause of the shenanigans. What this comes down to is speculation and perspective...which without all the facts can both be rather skewed from a wide angle view.

I posted in fact due to the first by Aia...I felt some clarification was necessary. I for one was being mentioned as being less than genuine for trying to rez those blues, unlike a few others I actually wanted the event to go forward. Having said that, I also apologized to the event moderator...whom ignored my apology as well due to the appearance of less than mature behavior being let loose by my fellow *guildies*...

Basically it sucks to be labeled as the trouble when you are actually there to try to be the bringer of the peace. Perhaps in my shoes you would be inclined to put in your two cents too...

BTW...this has nothing to do with JC...the council are well aware of my actions, so I have nothing to prove to them here.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the sake of Bart, don't wear the shoe if it does not fit. Sheesh!

Enough yap, how about making suggestions regarding what could have been done differently, if anything, to make it work?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) outfit the outside of the dungeon with a trammel ruleset (with the exception of allowing reds) so that friendly fire is not an issue.
2) inside remains fel ruleset...squelch all combatants until the fighting is to begin.
3) set up a concrete set of rules in regards to conduct if squelching is not a viable option. if the ruleset is broken the penalized player is ejected from the dungeon at the discression of the EM.
4) do not start an event from a non nuetral area...period. (again, use a trammel ruleset for this location to keep things completely neutral.)

A

Aia

"1) outfit the outside of the dungeon with a trammel ruleset (with the exception of allowing reds) so that friendly fire is not an issue."

A trammel rueset in Fel... no f'in way. For a tournament simply have everyone come to the party already dead. Have pvp pots/aids/apples and such available once the combatants who are about to fight are res'd up.

For fel events... that would take more thought on something that might work.

T

Tazar

1) outfit the outside of the dungeon with a trammel ruleset (with the exception of allowing reds) so that friendly fire is not an issue.
2) inside remains fel ruleset...squelch all combatants until the fighting is to begin.
3) set up a concrete set of rules in regards to conduct if squelching is not a viable option. if the ruleset is broken the penalized player is ejected from the dungeon at the discression of the EM.
4) do not start an event from a non nuetral area...period. (again, use a trammel ruleset for this location to keep things completely neutral.)
I know that the first two are well beyond the powers of the EM's and I think the "ejecting" in the 3rd is too.

It's nice to see the EM's going out of their way to plan and host events for the fel community. I sincerely hope that things like this do not frustrate them so much that they give up on fel-events long term.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the most laughable comment in the history of online games. GUILDs exist almost exclusively so you CAN assign communal guilt.
which is more laughable...my comment or your ludicrous reply?

I think you need a cup of stfu...but hey, thats just my opinion.

D

Draken-Korin

You are judged by the company you keep, that goes for guilds as well as people. Man or woman up and accept that fact of life, be it a game or otherwise.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are judged by the company you keep, that goes for guilds as well as people. Man or woman up and accepted that fact of life, be it a game or otherwise.
HOT/HEAT are a great guild, so I dont see what you are getting at there. My point is I dont judge 60-80 people based on the performance of just 2. If you do, you are one judgemental SOB.

Besides, this is a game...and its fellucca too. Ever hear of role playing a murderer? :)

C

Cloak&Dagger

Well I am sorry Cowboy I took to your post as being a reply to the one naming those who were there....tho even in the original post I'm not sure it can be said you are being portrayed as less than genuine, as it is saying as a whole the hot/heat crew did it. Tho you had good intentions what happened is as the poster said it happen, and how the screen shots show.

As to me being in your shoes, I am not sure. It was a direct "attack" on hot/heat not you personally, so I might not be that inclined to say anything on the matter. you said you can judge 60-80 people based on the actions of 2, but can you judge 5 based on the actions of 20? at what point do you stop saying "oh maybe its just this one person in that guild" and turn it into "that's how that guild is". My actions on the matter would be based on how I felt about my guild and its actions. If I "knew" the majority of my guild was immature then I would most likely stay out of it and not take it personally. If I thought most were upstanding and just a few that needed to be knocked over the head, I might have put in my 2cents, it is hard to say. Now I am not making an speculations as to how hot/heat are, as I have only met a few and most of them were nice, where as I think only 2 were less than pleasant, so I am not judging anyone, only saying those would be the criteria for my decision.

D

Draken-Korin

If what that guild does is your idea of roleplaying I'm not sure anything said will make sense to you. Roleplaying a murderer was done, and done well by many, but that style of play died off years ago.

If the leadership of your guild cannot control "two" that give it a bad name then maybe it should think about downsizing.

I have seen the years go by and watched from the outside how HOT is viewed, and at no time was it seen in a good light. Besides perhaps by its members and a few "friends of HOT", and even thats iffy.

Oh I may have mispoken there, there was a time when HOT was seen as a guild many enjoyed being around... when it was a small guild of ALL FEMALES outside of Skara about 9 or 10 years ago. Fairly sure if it went back to that people would love HOT.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
which is more laughable...my comment or your ludicrous reply?

I think you need a cup of stfu...but hey, thats just my opinion.
It is just your opinion. It's pretty well known that guilt is perceived as communal in online gaming and the earliest wars and rivalries were due to the communal guilt associated with bad apples in zergs like yours in UO. FYI, You're a zerg because you have such a large guild that the numbers are unwieldy, the average member inferior compared to the legions of mediocre players on atl and the lack of control or thought shown by the average member of hot/heat(the exploited alliance guilds).

With so many bad apples in hot/heat, it's hard to believe that there are a few good ones. Bones and soc come to mind but thats about it. the few zergs that have reached the size of yours in the past have rarely been so populated by so many people considered to be bad apples and booted from other guilds.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is just your opinion. It's pretty well known that guilt is perceived as communal in online gaming and the earliest wars and rivalries were due to the communal guilt associated with bad apples in zergs like yours in UO. FYI, You're a zerg because you have such a large guild that the numbers are unwieldy, the average member inferior compared to the legions of mediocre players on atl and the lack of control or thought shown by the average member of hot/heat(the exploited alliance guilds).

With so many bad apples in hot/heat, it's hard to believe that there are a few good ones. Bones and soc come to mind but thats about it. the few zergs that have reached the size of yours in the past have rarely been so populated by so many people considered to be bad apples and booted from other guilds.
Bad apples? A year ago you were asking how to dupe until you were blue in the face. Glad to see another person putting themselves on a pedestal they do not belong on.

:next:

T

Tazar

I think we have had plenty of the personal attacks and accusations for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.