• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skree I see why 4 slots.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sleep Lock thats what a Skree doese. I expect this to be nerfed once its in wide use. Started trainning the little Devil up. Not much on damage, but man I never thought I could fall asleep watching a tame tear apart another creature.

I wonder if his sleep ability would be good on Peerless or Boss Monsters.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I was playing with it, and I trained it up to GM everything, was that the sleep lasted until the slept target was hit or the sleep wore off.

It may have changed since then *Shrug*

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything that keeps it casting steadily but doesn't pose a huge danger to the wee beastie. Keep it fed, ideally keep an eye out that it doesn't run too low on mana to cast freely and you'll get it done.

Discoing will speed the gains up, but you're only 9 gains from GM magery so I'd just say get out there with your skree and enjoy it, make sure it doesn't get killed and you'll get there in no time.

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im stucjk at 99.1 magery whats a good psot to train?
If you have access to a second tamer, you can get a Shadow Ore Elemental to the entrance.

The other tamer can Train up something on the Shadow Ore Elemental.

You tell the Skree to All Kill, immediately followed by All Stay.

When you get this right, the Skree will use only Magical Attacks, thus raising Magery, EvalInt, Meditation.

It is best to position the Other Tamers pet and the Shadow Ore Elemental, such that the Other Tamers Pet gains aggro from any of the little fellers on the other side of the wall, rather than your Skree. Or in short, you do not want the Skree to get the Aggro because then it will stop casting on the Shadow Ore Elelemental and get into a staring match with what ever is on the other side of the wall :pint:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most creatures will resist the sleep attack, meanwhile, you have a measly base damage of 4-7. A peerless would probably laugh at a Skree. It is way overvalued at a 4-slot, it should be a 3-slot at the most.

I am interested to use it in a group, but right now, a Skree is pretty much only useful for a battle tamer, a character that can do a lot of damage without a pet and wants additional damage/sleep spell to take care of low-level mobs. I think the problem is the devs made it a 4-slot early on but didn't know how to fix certain issues and thus removed some of its abilities.

I should add my Skree is only about 75 wrestling atm, 278 hp and 65/-/-/60/- so I guess it becomes a rotting corpse killer or something ... maybe it can take down reptalons though, but I'd be scared to try until I put Chiv back on my tamer haha.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My new skree is also at 75 wrestling (Ortanord make brilliant low level skree trainers, by the way. One of them got my skree from 30-55 wrestling before it kicked the bucket) and the good thing is that is can take on any of the Ter Mur overland spawn and survive one on one.

The bad thing is, when anything teams up on my poor skree, it takes a lot of healing and vetting in order to keep it alive, which means I can't spend extra effort doing damage.

The other bad thing is that the skree does no damage to speak of. Without my tamer doing a lot of supporting damage, the battles never seem to end.

Once my skree is completely trained, I'm going to take it through the gauntlet of mid-to-high level creatures, including peerless, named mobs and greater dragons to see if it's of any use in those situations (task 1: Medusa). I would guess that it isn't and my skree will wind up being released into the wild.

In conclusion, I can't think of a single template or tactic which would make the skree any more useful than a rune beetle or even a low land boura (which only takes 30 taming to tame).

D

Drazasamus

think of using the bugger in combo with a pet that does poison damage(scorp or snake) and one more tamer with a pet that tanks ... you could efectivly cut out alot of damage that the tanking pet would take.

D

Drawde2

I believe it's meant to be used to assist someone else, with the other/other's pet as the tank.

T

ThePlague

Perhaps skrees have the use of other mystic spells? I haven't looked into this at all but, what if the reason it only casts sleep is its mysticsm isnt high enough, and we cant see the skill to know what it is? Perhaps it can do something more deadly later. I have no clue on mysticsm OR on skrees I was just looking at this while passing by :)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps skrees have the use of other mystic spells? I haven't looked into this at all but, what if the reason it only casts sleep is its mysticsm isnt high enough, and we cant see the skill to know what it is? Perhaps it can do something more deadly later. I have no clue on mysticsm OR on skrees I was just looking at this while passing by :)
Again, this may have all changed since the close of the Open Beta ....

When I was trying to see why the Skree was a 4 slot and decided to take it to all GM's, the Magery was increasing. I believe the final value for magery was 98.n, everything else was GM'd.

I never saw it cast a NON Magery spell. Yes the mob was Sleeping but I am not convinced that indicates Mysticism. Others commented on their observations in that thread as well.

In addition, I have two accounts and 2 Tamers, one on each account.

I did take the Skree and try to use it as a perpetual sleeper.

I am very confident that the slept mob would in fact wake up when damaged.

The only way I was able to direct sleep was to have the skree target the mob. In some scenario's this may be desirable as it may stop a mob from beating on the main pet, more or less parking that mob.

I never ever saw anything that suggested the reason for the 4 slot designation.

Again, this may have all changed since the close of the Open Beta ....

M

maroite

From my deduction, it hasn't changed.

It still only casts mage spells, and in fact the skree doesn't cast sleep at all, it seems to proc off of melee attacks. Or at least thats what it seems to do. If the skree can't reach a monster (swoop on a rock) it won't sleep, at least mine never did.

That being said, mine is at about 75 wrestling and I can't find out why a skree would be even 2 slots. Its far less powerful than a dread warhorse, has overall less resists, and can't be used as a mount.

The only difference is the sleep on melee attack which breaks when the skree hits things.

The magery helps out but the problem is that the skree has such low mana and low damage that usually your mana will run out before it kills most mobs.

When you look at other 4 and even 3 slot tames, the skree just doesn't add up. Even 2 slot mares/bake are arguably better pets, just because the bring similar stats/magery and can be combo'd with other pets.

When I read the description of the skreeon the main SA page, it said something about difficult to tame, but once tamed would friend anyone. I thought maybe they were a 4 slot pet that could be transfered to anyone, regardless of taming/lore levels. Tested this theory, and it didn't seem to work.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Shrug*

It is possible that for what ever the reason, this time around they are under powering the pets and will tune up vs tune down. :pint: