• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

skills needed for reforging

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am now back for 3 months after a 2 year break and reforging is looking pretty cool. I am looking for the new skills that a craftperson must have to be able to do it all. at the present I have 3 toons I use for crafting one has 120 tailoring ,blacksmithy,100 tinkering fletching and armslore. the next one has 120 tailoring.blacksmithing,100 carpentry 100 music,armslore and the 3rd has 120 imbueing 100 armslore cooking.the last 2 or on same account. do I need to now combine the last 2 to make a good reforger?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Imbuing of 65 or higher is needed to reforge the higher the more options you have!

but if you want to add or enhance the item with more abilities/skills/resists etc then you will need tailor/Blacksmith etc depending on what you are addin!

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so then my imbuer is fine I don't have to add the blacksmithy or tailoring to help him reforge using a runic hammer ,runic sewing kit, or a runic flethching tool? as long as imbueing is high he is good to go?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing of 65 or higher is needed to reforge the higher the more options you have!

but if you want to add or enhance the item with more abilities/skills/resists etc then you will need tailor/Blacksmith etc depending on what you are addin!
Etc as what skills ? Fletching ? Carpentry ? Or perhaps also tinkering ? I am asking, because unless I missed something it is not possible to reforge jewellery (tinkering) for example......

By the way, neither the Stratics http://uo2.stratics.com/items/magic-item-properties/runic-re-forging nor the UOGuide http://www.uoguide.com/Reforging pages mention anything about what skill level or let along skills combinations will have what abilities/skills/resists etc available for reforging............

Also, the UOGuide mentions CAPs but for example, for Weapons and with Mighty / of Vitality, it mentions for Hit Life Leech a CAP of 70% and yet, it is possible to reforge weapons with 100% HLL ..............
Are those CAPs shown wrong ?

Is there anywhere else where this information can be read in details ?

Last edited:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so then my imbuer is fine I don't have to add the blacksmithy or tailoring to help him reforge using a runic hammer ,runic sewing kit, or a runic flethching tool? as long as imbueing is high he is good to go?
Correct. All you need is Imbuing, a runic tool, and a non-magical item to Reforge.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yes you are good to go!

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
"etc" means crafting skill you need for enhancing
no one worries about required skill levels because everyone trains imbue to 120
HLL/HML caps are given for a 2.0 sec melee weapon