• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skills and tactics for dragon turtle spawn

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
What skills should I select for 1-3 levels?
I have 120 Taming, 120 Lore, 100 Vet, 120 Mage, 120 Med on my char.
I have 100 SW, 100 Necor, 100 SS on soulstones.

100 necro/ss + Wither?
100 sw + Essence of Wind? (casting time is too long)
100 Eval?

p.s. I have all bard skills but it seems they are not so good at low levels of a spawn.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like:
a sampire for level 1
a necro mage weaver for level 2 - 4
a disco tamer for turtle

Solo it's a long fight.

For level 2 I get in wraith form and kite spawn around and wither.
For level 3 I mount up and kite a group of spawn to the northern side of the spawn area and tele onto one of the islands... then get in wraith form and EQ/essence of wind. Rinse repeat.
For level 4 I kite the Dino's to the same place and use a Dino slayer with chain lightning or meteor swarm.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am not sure it is even possible to solo as a tamer. Phase two is just too slow with a pet.
I use a sampire for the whole ordeal with a fast 100% energy whirlwind weapon with hit energy area, hml, hsl, hll and DI, a reptile slayer long sword for the dinos and a long sword hit hla, hld, hml, hsl for the turtle.
I disco her with a support bard running peace songs to help with the initial damage she dishes out. Burning some spirituality at the sampire for extra damage reduction also helps you survive the first part of the fight when she is still fast and aggressive.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Though, death by banana machine gun damage isn't as common now that the spawn cap was reduced.
Turtle spawn was the only one that benefited from that change.
And please tell me you are doing fel turtle spawn. The tram one is SO not worth it.