• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill increase bugs

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ran out of refutals?
Refutals to what? your only reason for not wanting it is because you think everyone will be playing 40 fencing 40 tactics toons with +60 skill increase on their suit to do an AI.

The templates you are afraid of already exist, the question is just if its fair for only certain skills on jewels to allow for them to exist.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Refutals to what? your only reason for not wanting it is because you think everyone will be playing 40 fencing 40 tactics toons with +60 skill increase on their suit to do an AI.

The templates you are afraid of already exist, the question is just if its fair for only certain skills on jewels to allow for them to exist.
Virem has a great template and amazing jewel combo. Chad has a pretty similar one that I like a little bit more because it was cheaper to build. Reason I like that it was cheaper to build is mainly because it proves you don't need a godly suit to make it.

I mean, playing a fencing mage with -mage on his weapon designed to get to 120 magery while in stat could do just as much damage as the temp in that video, AMIRITE?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Nah, I just can't seem to help you see how poorly thought out everything you say is. Either a troll or dumb.
I repeated back to you what you were telling me. Unless of course you don't understand what you are arguing.

You're telling me people are going roll with max skill otherwise they're going to get hit 77% of the time. Ok.

You also used 50 skill for your example for items adding. Ok.

Another 15 for tactics. Ok.

This means they're going to have 70 weapon skill ( primary minimum).

So if they have both of these things, they can perform primary weapon specials. No need to remove real skill requirement there. Ok. (If you're still following your argument, this affirms my argument for not removing real skill requirements from weapon specials).

You're arguing 20 points of skill between real skill primary and secondary skill.

So if you're using a mage template, youd drop magery for +20 skill for jewelry, and put that extra 20 skill on weapon. Same for eval to tactics. So still no reason to remove real skill requirement for specials. Arguing the same template doesn't work because you can't flip flop the skills is pretty stupid. But I'll let you roll with it. Ok.

So what did I miss here?

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

I gave many refutals. See the damage balance and skill equivalent to the rest of the skills at 70/70 or 90/90. Take your pick.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Virem has a great template and amazing jewel combo. Chad has a pretty similar one that I like a little bit more because it was cheaper to build. Reason I like that it was cheaper to build is mainly because it proves you don't need a godly suit to make it.

I mean, playing a fencing mage with -mage on his weapon designed to get to 120 magery while in stat could do just as much damage as the temp in that video, AMIRITE?
You're an idiot, the mage weapon is for blocking %.

The only difference in his template i can see off hand is he is probably using alchemy. I use the exact combo.

This is probably a good idea but I built this character years ago before supernovas.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
pretty equal
What does that even mean?

Lots of folks are reading this thread. I know who does read any given thread for the most part as that is something I pay for.

I will tell ya from experience that the more pissing contest this gets to be, the fewer people will view it. It gets cumbersome to keep up with a thread that approaches 200 posts.

Just sayin'. Take or leave that advice.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is NO reasonable template that could be made with weapon skill/tactics On the suit, and removing the real weapon skill requirement, that can't already be made with other skills being increased instead of the weapon skill/tactics.

Once you understand that. Everything else is pointless.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There is NO reasonable template that could be made with weapon skill/tactics On the suit, and removing the real weapon skill requirement, that can't already be made with other skills being increased instead of the weapon skill/tactics.

Once you understand that. Everything else is pointless.
Okay I tell you what, I'll concede the point if you can reasonably refute the rest.

Otherwise you're repeating yourself.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
A lot of folks are likely logging in and seeing this thread. 163 posts... 80% is pissing contest or going over the same things over and over and over.

Get used to having people disagree with you, or even just dismissing some of your ideas/thoughts/interpretations.

A thread as important as this should be respected and responded to thoughtfully.

Or we could just piss a lot. I am good at skipping nonsensical BS... Some are not.

Discussion or Drama, yer call.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A lot of folks are likely logging in and seeing this thread. 163 posts... 80% is pissing contest or going over the same things over and over and over.

Get used to having people disagree with you, or even just dismissing some of your ideas/thoughts/interpretations.

A thread as important as this should be respected and responded to thoughtfully.

Or we could just piss a lot. I am good at skipping nonsensical BS... Some are not.

Discussion or Drama, yer call.
Oh I'm not saying it wasn't important..... since it is and so are many other posts... When they are generating POSITIVE feedback and relative discussion and not just generating self importance and arrogance...... along with negativity and misdirection.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay I tell you what, I'll concede the point if you can reasonably refute the rest.

Otherwise you're repeating yourself.
Show me a pvp template with only 40 fencing / 40 tactics and + 30 skill in each that any one would actually consider a threat.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Show me a pvp template with only 40 fencing / 40 tactics and + 30 skill in each that any one would actually consider a threat.
120 Magery
40 Fencing Use -15mage wep assassin spike for dp
40 Tactics
80 Poisoning
120 Eval
120 resist
100 scribe
100 alchemy

55 lmc studded
30sdi
100 lrc
45/45 hci dci

I'll kill people all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 Magery
40 Tactics
80 Poisoning
120 Eval
120 resist
100 scribe
100 alchemy

55 lmc studded
30sdi
100 lrc
45/45 hci dci

I'll kill people all day
Okay, now is it impossible to build the end form of this template with other skill increase than +30 Fencing +30 Tactics.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, now is it impossible to build the end form of this template with other skill increase than +30 Fencing +30 Tactics.
No I didn't think that's what you were getting at. I'm not sitting here saying it can't be done otherwise. I was just super hyped about making a templates when asked. You could get 30 Magery and 30 eval with the same result. That's what I've been saying, at least once I realized what was being asked. You still need 70 real or modified skill to use specials. "Correct?" Not removing a skill needed for specials.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
120 Magery
40 Tactics
80 Poisoning
120 Eval
120 resist
100 scribe
100 alchemy

55 lmc studded
30sdi
100 lrc
45/45 hci dci

I'll kill people all day

Your mana pool will be horrible with 55lmc. Makes more sense to be 40lmc in a medable suit seeing as how you have 0 med or focus. DP is rather useless in today's loot pub with everyone hitting 50ep with ease. I would be more afraid of your Exp/FS dump then you hitting me with dp and then attempting to either cycle or dump me. Your Nox fields would be the only useful part about DP. Not to mention you are needing +75 skill points in that template (not the original +60).

That template would be stronger if you dumped the 220 skill points into parry/anatomy.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
tactics Mage but way to side step it again
You just can't admit when you're wrong can you? He is setting up his argument to go step by step in order to hopefully get you to stop the "I cannot be wrong" mentality you have.

The point he is making is there isn't a single template that can be made if the real skill requirement was removed that would instantly become a PvP GOD.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You just can't admit when you're wrong can you? He is setting up his argument to go step by step in order to hopefully get you to stop the "I cannot be wrong" mentality you have.

The point he is making is there isn't a single template that can be made if the real skill requirement was removed that would instantly become a PvP GOD.
You haven't proved anything wrong.

You've been stuck on why I use a tactics Mage. He asked for An example, I gave it to him.

Aside from this you have ignored every other argument given, I'm not about to rehash those without you actually reading and giving a rebuttal.

Saying "you're wrong" isn't an argument.

Besides I thought you had me on ignore? I also told him I'd concede that point if he refuted the rest.

He hadn't replied since.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Your mana pool will be horrible with 55lmc. Makes more sense to be 40lmc in a medable suit seeing as how you have 0 med or focus. DP is rather useless in today's loot pub with everyone hitting 50ep with ease. I would be more afraid of your Exp/FS dump then you hitting me with dp and then attempting to either cycle or dump me. Your Nox fields would be the only useful part about DP. Not to mention you are needing +75 skill points in that template (not the original +60).

That template would be stronger if you dumped the 220 skill points into parry/anatomy.

You can ignore anatomy if you curse am AI with a fire weapon etc

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is exactly what i've been getting at.

Because if the same templates are available either way then there is no reason to change it.

Let alone these are not direct trade offs. How are you comparing +15 skill for spell damage increase to +15 skill letting you use a special?

I think price value is moot in this discussion.

I do agree the same 15 skill should be weighted for damage value.
If 70 Fencing + 70 tactics is > 70 magery + 70 Eval as far as sheer damage goes That will always be true. Players can do that now. So its an irrelevant comparison. Hence "Show me a template you can make using +30 Fencing +30 tactics that you can't make already with other skill increase"

People using hybrid templates aren't going to put swords at 120. They don't do that now.
Opinion, and only yours. Everyone who has approached me for Hybrid suits DON'T Want to rely on mage weapons, Especially archers. Not only does this force them to find jewels with +magery on them for their template(Limiting their options right at the front door), but They'd rather invest the Skill into their template to increase their chance to hit, and free up more mods on their weapons. Compensating for stat loss now that the timer has been reduced and they added the potions..... is a joke.

You'd think if your defense on the subject were so profound and irrefutable that more players would be agreeing with you.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That is exactly what i've been getting at.

If 70 Fencing + 70 tactics is > 70 magery + 70 Eval as far as sheer damage goes That will always be true. Players can do that now. So its an irrelevant comparison. Hence "Show me a template you can make using +30 Fencing +30 tactics that you can't make already with other skill increase"

Opinion, and only yours. Everyone who has approached me for Hybrid suits DON'T Want to rely on mage weapons, Especially archers. Not only does this force them to find jewels with +magery on them for their template(Limiting their options right at the front door), but They'd rather invest the Skill into their template to increase their chance to hit, and free up more mods on their weapons. Compensating for stat loss now that the timer has been reduced and they added the potions..... is a joke.

You'd think if your defense on the subject were so profound and irrefutable that more players would be agreeing with you.
I don't see many templates using 40/40 templates either.

As far as not putting templates at 120 they don't. It's harder to see now that they took away search.uo.com.

as far as the tactics eval switch that was my point. So you wouldn't make the argument that one template was weaker because you can't flip flop skills. Yes, it literally is, but you wouldn't set it up that anyways.

So really,I don't know if you're in favor of real skill specials or not.

Surely you can even see by not running below the current skill requirements refutes thT we should remove the real skill requirement from specials.

So help me out, what is your point? Just arguing with me or in favor of non real specials?