• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

skill gain questions

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know they skill gains are easier to work when your total skill points are lower, so I was wondering if it would make that much of a difference to work my peace up to 120 on a new character instead of maxed out character? (the PS are not an issue, though I know I would be basically throwing them away)

I would soulstone over my music (currently dropped to 100 and locked) and peace to the new character and that would be about it on them, so I was hoping it would make quicker. I know the gains are still going to be kinda slow past 110 but will it help (and be worth it) to be on a character that does not have 720 skill points?

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most people say that having skills under 400 helps with skill gains, I really didn't notice that big of a difference when training discord, but if you have a open slot for a new char, then I would go for it since peace scrolls are fairly cheap. If not, then you can always get yourself discorded by a saytr and see if that helps.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya ive really have never noticed a difference in gaining either.

i worked disco up here like 2 weeks ago on a new disco archer and stripped the toon totally empty of skills besides 100 music and the disco and i can honestlly say i didnt notice any difference in speed of training to GM.

i think like most things in UO this is just one of those things that some people believe in and its tooken on a life of its own.

"i must eat fish steaks while training!!!!! it makes me gain faster!!!!"

L

Luke Carjacker

I think a lot of people believe (mistakenly) that you'll gain faster on characters with a lower overall skill cap. I'm pretty sure this is incorrect, and I have a guess as to where this belief came from. The Guaranteed Gain System does vary according to your overall skill total.

So for example, if you're working on a GM skill and under 350 total skill points, you'll get GGS approximately every 6 hours, however if you work on the same skill and are over 700 total skill points, you'll get GGS every 32 hours.

So, if you plan to gain primarily through GGS, then having lower overall skills helps a lot. If you're going to train by using a skill, then it won't make a difference.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
yup exactlly

if your gonna 120 a skill with GGS it makes a difference.

but if your gonna ironman it it dosnt matter beans.